Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Where can I get a good deal on Cingular Wireless Phone?

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 01-07-07, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the deals better on the internet or the same as in the store. I have Cingular now and I plan on staying with them. Not sure on what kind of phone I want.

Last edited by gusamo; 01-07-07 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-07-07, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 128 Likes on 84 Posts
Are you eligible for an upgrade? That could result in a free phone (depending on the current promotions), but you're probably looking at a new contract to go along with it.
Old 01-07-07, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My contract has run out. I am thinking of getting a new phone, because the phone I have now isn't very loud. There is no volume on it. I just didn't know if you can get a better deal on the internet or in the store.
Old 01-08-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 128 Likes on 84 Posts
This may only apply to "new" activations, but Amazon has several deals for 1 cent with a two-year contract, including the Motorola RAZR, SLVR, and the Sony Ericsson W300i (which also features an FM radio). You could also get the Blackberry Pearl for 1 cent profit (after $25 mail-in rebate). Just do a search for "cingular."

Since my wife was in the middle of a contract when she added me to her plan, we had to go through Cingular to get new phones. Their Web site had the refurbished Audiovox SMT5600 SmartPhone for $30 at the time (which looked brand new and hasn't had any non-Windows problems yet), but it doesn't look like they have any good refurbished deals right now.
Old 01-08-07, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the summer I got a Razr phone for $49 (after $100 rebate and a 2 year committment), the offer was sent to me by Cingular. Watch your mail and you may get something. You could call and tell them you'd like to stay and make you an offer, they may be able to do something for you.

I was staying anyway, so it worked for me.
Old 01-08-07, 05:06 PM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I needed a new Cingular phone a couple of weeks ago as mine had issues with the screen and when I walked into a Cingular store, the clerk told me that the deals online at the Cingular site were better than what you'll find in the store. That's one place to look.

The other that a friend recommended is Let's Talk. He was able to get a much better deal on a phone there and still have a contract directly with Cingular.

I didn't end up using either method only because a friend gave me his previous Cingular phone into which I was able to install my SIM card into and that worked out fine for me. Otherwise, I was going to use Let's Talk.

Last edited by ngp; 01-08-07 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-08-07, 05:16 PM

I got the LG CU500 from Wal-mart two weeks ago for $49.99 out the door with a two year contract extension. I've loved it so far, even went back and got a second one for my wife.
Old 01-08-07, 05:30 PM

If you don't mind getting a new number, I'd recommend going amazon.com for a new phone. They're offering the new Blackberry Pearl for free after rebate after a new 2 yr agreement. Also, you can get the Sony Ericsson w810i and pocket $50. There are other pretty good phones too, but I absolutely love my SE w810i.

** As always, make sure you read the fine print because they have some major restrictions (such as not being able to change your selected plan to a decreased rate until after 181 days or you're charged the MSRP of the phone).
Old 01-10-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have looked more at the phones and I would like to get one that plays MP3. I have seen some that play MP3 and some that play Itunes. Which is better? I have looked at the Razr V3 and the SLVR phones. I am not a cell phone type person, so I am lost when it comes to choosing one.
Old 01-11-07, 12:58 PM
Cool New Member

Since my sister is the manager for a Cingular store she is always getting new phones and I always get to play with them I really like the Rokr Phone and the Razr V3 when it comes to music and stuff since it has the built in Itunes. But since I like the built like a tank features phones I like the Nokia e46 and the blackjack. Gusamo if your looking for information about the cingular phones you can e-mail me and I can get you all the info on the phones from my sister.
Old 01-13-07, 04:37 PM

I was in the same position as you a few monthas ago, mcnamara, and found great deals re-signing with Cingular though CompUSA.

I ended up getting a Motorola SLVR for $30... better still, there were no rebates. At the Cingular site, my phone was $299.

I've recommended CompUSA to friends, too, and they've gotten good deals. Be patient and something phat will pop up.