Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : For Better Or For Worse collection ever?

calhoun07
12-30-06, 07:48 AM
I know that For Better or For Worse wasn't as hugely popular as Far Side or Calvin and Hobbes, but I'd be interested in a collection of all the For Better or For Worse strips in one book, especially since the series is now close to ending. Does anybody know of any plans for a collection like that?

davidh777
12-30-06, 04:30 PM
I agree. Because the characters actually grow and age, this strip would be nice to have in a collection.

areacode212
12-30-06, 06:48 PM
This would be one huge collection. If they do something like this, I could see it being a short series of volumes instead of one big book.

calhoun07
12-31-06, 09:36 AM
This would be one huge collection. If they do something like this, I could see it being a short series of volumes instead of one big book.

Fantagraphics would be ideal for that kind of project, considering their work on Peanuts and Dennis the Menace.

Tracer Bullet
12-31-06, 10:07 AM
I can see something like this being released, but not for at least a few years. I'd say 2010 at the earliest, since the strip isn't ending until "sometime" next year.

madcougar
12-31-06, 02:58 PM
How big would a collection like that be and how much would it cost? The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes ran 15 and 10 years respectively. For Better or Worse will have been around more than 28 years when all is said and done. That's a lot of strips.

The Antipodean
12-31-06, 05:56 PM
The strip is ending?

calhoun07
12-31-06, 08:17 PM
I don't know...I think that if Fantagraphics (or some publisher) did it like the current sets collecting Peanuts and Dennis the Menace then we wouldn't have to wait until after the strip is done. Collect a year or two at a time. I'd vote for two years at a time, 14 volumes total. We wouldn't have to wait until 2010 for those early volumes to start rolling out.

kevin75
01-01-07, 12:28 AM
bring this and bloom county on and i could die a happy man.

davidh777
11-21-07, 10:55 PM
Old news, but...

http://panelsandpixels.blogspot.com/2007/08/lynn-johnston-part-two.html

Q: Thereís a rumor going around that you might be doing a collected For Better or For Worse collection, much like the Calvin and Hobbes and Far Side books. Do you have any plans for that sort of thing?

A: You know, I think thatís really completely up to the publisher, Andrews McMeel. I have a wonderful relationship with them. Theyíre very supportive and have given me tremendous freedom. That kind of book would be a good project perhaps, but Iím not collectible yet! Iím still working, Iím not dead!

I really honestly donít know. I do know there will be a couple more collections that are the softcovers that you see [in stores]. Thereís still more material in the archives that we havenít put into books yet.

Ultimately that would be a huge, huge compliment, but itís not something weíre planning today, no.