Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Question about Barnes and Noble

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-29-06, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know when they are going to give their next % off coupon? I remember earlier this month they had a pretty big one. Is there any system to it? Do they give them monthly?

I got a couple of gift cards, and I'm going to wait until I can use one of their coupons to use it.

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-29-06, 11:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
don't know about the next coupon, but there's a big TV-on-DVD sale coming up in January.

B1G1 free on any boxset over $29.99 starting January 3rd through the end of the month.

Last edited by odisn; 12-30-06 at 12:33 AM.
Old 12-29-06, 11:29 PM

Another B1G1 Free sale at barnes and noble? hmm... hope it is not another Fox TV box set sale like so many other retailers are doing.
Old 12-29-06, 11:42 PM

yes -- there are generally coupons each week for specific books/CD's/etc. and usually a % off 1 item (in-store and sometimes online too) - for members and sometimes non-members.

2 places I frequent to check:
* http://www.wow-coupons.com/all-print...il-coupons.php
* http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...hreadid=159931

And YES - there are some online and in-store 1-item coupons (members I think) good until 12/31 and maybe into January and an AMEX 20% off 1-item and a Mastercard $10 off $40 (both with online and in-store versions).
Old 12-29-06, 11:44 PM

wow -- odisn -- I did not know about that B1G1 upcoming -- thanks for the heads up and do you know anything more about it ?
Old 12-30-06, 08:38 AM

Will this just be on TVshow box sets, or will movie box sets be included?
Old 12-30-06, 03:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
as far as I know, there will be some movie boxsets included but it is mainly for TV-on-DVD. any TV product with 2 discs or more and priced over $29.99 will be included. B&N prices all of it's DVDs at MSRP, but most stores have a 10% off discount on boxsets in effect all the time. at these prices, this may not look as appealing to those consumers who are used to seeing the $14.99-$19.99 sales run at various times at Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal-Mart, etc., but for sets that never go on sale (I personally would like to pick up both seasons of Lost, since season 1 is never on sale) then this could be your best chance for a deal.

supposedly the B&N website will have a version of this deal in effect as well, but it will only include certain boxsets. we'll have to wait until January 3rd to see just which ones make the list.
Old 12-30-06, 05:14 PM

Thanks for all the info forumsmy