Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Local Area Flea Markets

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Local Area Flea Markets

Old 12-28-06, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Local Area Flea Markets

ok, so i see people every once in a while talking about flea markets and getting good deals there. my question is, where are these flea markets? I was thinking it would be nice for people to let them know where their "in market" flea markets may be, that way people can go out and see them. i know i'm a bit weary as some of the flea markets in my area are in, lets say "shady" parts of town, and i don't want to drive down there just to get scared off. so, if people could help out with their good experiences, maybe we could all get in on some of the fun.

I live in Illinois - Western Suburbs. i don't know of any in my market but maybe people can help me, or anyone else out?
Old 12-28-06, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts
April-Oct, the parking lot of the Allstate Arena in Rosemont has a great flea market. DVDs are usually $10-12 for new releases.
http://www.wolffs.com/

There's a Swap-O-Rama flea market in Melrose Park on Lake Street, about a block west of Mannheim.

The biggest one is the Kane County Flea market in St Charles
http://www.kanecountyfleamarket.com/

When DVDs were new and selling for $30 retail, I'd buy a lot of $12 flea market DVds and sell on eBay for $20-25. Those days are long gone.
Old 12-28-06, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by vballboy51
ok, so i see people every once in a while talking about flea markets and getting good deals there. my question is, where are these flea markets? I was thinking it would be nice for people to let them know where their "in market" flea markets may be, that way people can go out and see them. i know i'm a bit weary as some of the flea markets in my area are in, lets say "shady" parts of town, and i don't want to drive down there just to get scared off. so, if people could help out with their good experiences, maybe we could all get in on some of the fun.

I live in Illinois - Western Suburbs. i don't know of any in my market but maybe people can help me, or anyone else out?

Where are scary flea markets in the chicago area. My brother lives there and he goes on manheim and lake street and North avaenue in Addison. Not scary at all/
Old 12-28-06, 01:08 PM

i live out in aurora. there is one on new york street in downtown aurora. not known to be the best of neighborhoods. i might look into that one in St. Charles. that Addison one isn't to far away either...
Old 12-28-06, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I find the best deals at the dirty flea markets on the bad side of town. I hate the new style flea markets that are more like a mall than a true flea market.
Old 12-28-06, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts
Where are scary flea markets in the chicago area.
I assume he meant the inner city ones
Old 12-28-06, 06:14 PM

Don't forget the Swap O Rama in Alsip.