Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fraggle Rock - The Movie - S: Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-24-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran across this on IMDB and I haven't heard anything about it. Anyone know what's happening with this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481649/
Old 12-24-06, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
There's no sense in trying to confirm 90% of what is posted on IMDB.
Old 08-08-12, 10:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Fraggle Rock: The Movie???

there was recent news in May of this year:

'Fraggle Rock' Movie: 'Rango' Writers Hired To Script Update
Old 03-19-15, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Re: Fraggle Rock: The Movie???

Joseph Gordon-Levitt Starring in ‘Fraggle Rock’ Movie (EXCLUSIVE)
March 19, 2015 | 12:07PM PT
Dave McNary
Film Reporter @Variety_DMcNary

Joseph Gordon-Levitt will produce and star in the live-action “Fraggle Rock” movie for New Regency, The Henson Co. and Lisa Henson.

The big-screen adaptation of the musical puppet series created by the late Jim Henson has been in the works for nearly a decade, but the attachment of Gordon-Levitt constitutes a major boost.

“Fraggle Rock” debuted on TV in 1983 as a co-production by British TV company Television South, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp., HBO and Henson Associates. It centered on the adventures of cave-dwelling creatures called Fraggles who have to deal with the industrious Doozers and furry giants called Gorgs.

The property was set up at New Regency in 2011. Montecito Pictures is no longer involved with the project.

“The first screen personas I ever loved were Henson creations, first on ‘Sesame Street,’ and then on ‘Fraggle Rock,'” Gordon-Levitt said. “Jim Henson’s characters make you laugh and sing, but they’re also layered, surprising, and wise. From Oscar the Grouch, to Yoda, to the Fraggles. I’ve never stopped loving his work, even as a young frisky man, and on into adulthood. Collaborating with Lisa Henson makes me confident we can do something that Jim would have loved. I’m grateful and excited to be working with New Regency on this project.”

Gordon-Levitt has been cast as Edward Snowden in Oliver Stone’s upcoming thriller “Snowden.” Open Road Films will release “Snowden” in the U.S. on Christmas.

He’ll be seen next as the host of “Hit Record on TV with Joseph Gordon-Levitt,” which has its second season premiere June 12.

Gordon-Levitt is also starring in Robert Zemeckis’ “The Walk” as Philippe Petit, and in an untitled Christmas comedy with Seth Rogen, Anthony Mackie, Lizzy Caplan and Jillian Bell.

He is represented by WME and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
Old 03-19-15, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts
Re: Fraggle Rock - The Movie - S: Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Dozers!