Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

canon digital camera deals advice

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-06, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any one knows of any Canon S3 or the Canon SD700IS camera deals or coupons. I looked over evrywhere but the prices are really high for these two cameras right now, any coupons or discounts anyone knows would really help me buy these for my parents and sister.

Cheers!!!
Old 12-24-06, 12:52 PM

your best bet is to search ebay or bradsdeals.com for coupons such as the staples 30 off 150, good luck
Old 12-24-06, 02:47 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Legend

Received 116 Likes on 75 Posts
I am afraid that you missed the big sale period after Thanksgiving. These Canon cameras are selling so well that many stores in my area are out of stock, and I imagine they have little incentive to discount. I notice that even Amazon has been reducing their discount %.

My suggestion is to buy online and pay a little extra for 2-day delivery. That way you get a decent price and you'll still have the camera this week. One online store I'd highly recommend is www.adorama.com, and they have the 2 models you are interested in at 10% off. They are legit.

If you don't mind, are you planning to get both cameras, or just one? I'm curious since these are very different cameras and fit different types of use.
Old 12-25-06, 10:21 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Legend

I noticed today that the amazon web site has added this comment to the SD700 page: "Did you know... You may still purchase this product, but a newer version may be available."

I don't know what that means. There are two models, SD800 and SD900 that are more recent (more advanced and expensive), but they have been out for about 2 months and I am sure that the comment is new. Or perhaps the SD700 is being discontinued. Keep that in mind before you buy, although it is still a very nice camera.
Old 12-26-06, 09:44 AM

i believe the 800is replaced the 700is. that's why it's tough to find one in a store.

i ordered the 700is from amazon last week and got it delivered on saturday. total price came out to about 310, including shipping.
Old 12-26-06, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 700 IS is one of the ones that I'm really interested in. The only thing I don't like is the half-hidden mode wheel and where the power button is.

Dell had the 700 IS for $287 shipped last week. I should have jumped on it.
Old 12-26-06, 01:04 PM
Psi
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
i believe the 800is replaced the 700is.
That's probably true in terms of capability, but I suspect that they will also come out with something in a lower price range around $200-300 since I think the 600 and 630 will get upgraded as well.

The SD800 is a fairly complete package, including 28mm wide angle, image stabilization, face detection, and it has many nice "hidden" features like higher resolution LCD and focus check, etc, that I think many people don't want to pay for.

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
The only thing I don't like is the half-hidden mode wheel and where the power button is.
I agree about the power button (much prefer it on top of the camera, and mounted flush with the surface), but I like the design of the mode wheel. It allows you to change modes with one hand, and the wheel is stiff emough that I don't think you can accidentally nudge it.
Old 12-26-06, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sid369
any one knows of any Canon S3 or the Canon SD700IS camera deals or coupons. I looked over evrywhere but the prices are really high for these two cameras right now, any coupons or discounts anyone knows would really help me buy these for my parents and sister.

Cheers!!!

fyi, there's a $40.00 off $199.99 circuit city purchase so I'm not sur ehow expensive it is on circuit city but I got mine when they had a price mistake on their website for $340....cuz I ended it getting it for $315 after the coupon and taxes. Oh this is for the canon sd700is....this camera is AWESOME...