Costco Prices 12-22

I saw some deals at Costco:

All Buffy Season sets 16.99
All Angel Season sets 16.99

Supernatural Season 1 23.99
Veronica Mars Season 2 23.99
invasion Season 1 23.99
Nip/Tuck Season 3 23.99
I think the tv sets above will be $1 cheaper at CC next wk.

All 4 of the Walt Disney Treasures released this month 20.69
All 4 of the Walt Disney True Adventures released this month 20.69

And of course until the 24th, the 007 bond sets are -$10 off.

Xmas came early for me.
Old 12-22-06, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Except for the Buffy and Angel sets which I saw at the same price as you list, all the others were $1 less at my local Costco. I really hate that Costco has 2 tier pricing and I have to go to the one Costco in my area that has the lower prices.

I also saw Gomer Pyle USMC and various Andy Griffith shows , and Hogan's Hero Shows for $24.09 per season
Old 12-22-06, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Classic Films
Except for the Buffy and Angel sets which I saw at the same price as you list, all the others were $1 less at my local Costco. I really hate that Costco has 2 tier pricing and I have to go to the one Costco in my area that has the lower prices.
Thanks for the comment about the 2 tier pricing at Costco, I thought it was just me that saw this happening.

I've made complants to my local Costco, but no one cares. They even checked the price this past wk, via a computer at the front of the store and I asked why the 007 sets cost -$2 less at the Fairfax Costco...

I'm heading to another Costco tomorrow, where I know the prices will be as you stated, $1 cheaper(I'll be in the area), Then next week, I'll return these higher priced dvds...lets see...7~15 dvds going back...wonder if it will make a difference in their prices...I think not.
Old 12-22-06, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Nethead12
Thanks for the comment about the 2 tier pricing at Costco, I thought it was just me that saw this happening.

I've made complants to my local Costco, but no one cares. They even checked the price this past wk, via a computer at the front of the store and I asked why the 007 sets cost -$2 less at the Fairfax Costco...

I'm heading to another Costco tomorrow, where I know the prices will be as you stated, $1 cheaper(I'll be in the area), Then next week, I'll return these higher priced dvds...lets see...7~15 dvds going back...wonder if it will make a difference in their prices...I think not.
Per these threads 2 tier pricing started in New York and San Francisco. It seems to be spreading to many other places. I suspect eventually all Costcos will go with the higher prices.
Old 12-22-06, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For anyone in the Nutmeg state, the Danbury Costco is in the higher price tier and the Milford Costco is in the lower price tier. Supernatural, Veronica Mars and Invasion are $22.49 in Milford.
Old 12-22-06, 09:12 PM

I have only ever seen the 'higher' prices so far in the Portland area- Is it possible the cheaper prices are located near a Sam's Club (they don't exist here) or other competition?
Old 12-23-06, 04:29 PM

Three Stores in Northern Va:

Manassas - Higher
Fair Oaks(Fairfax) - Lower
Chantilly - Lower
Old 12-23-06, 06:15 PM

The Costco in Bedford Park, IL has the Disney Treasures and Disney True Life Adventures for $19.89 each.

Happy Holidays to you all and see you after Christmas!!!