DVD Talk
WII restock rumors / facts thread part 2, Electric Boogalooo [Archive] - Page 2 - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : WII restock rumors / facts thread part 2, Electric Boogalooo

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Patman
01-02-07, 11:25 AM
Sony's contempt for gamers is to force the blu-ray disc format on them when they don't particularly want it. At least Xbox allows HD DVD playback to be an add-on option, and not shoehorned into the gaming console like the PS3.

Obtopic - so... anyone know when the next big Wii shipments are going to hit the stores?

Daryl
01-02-07, 11:31 AM
No, I meant the actual cardboard boxes the system comes in (like the 360 Cores are green and the Premiums are white.)

I'm wondering which version I saw stacked behind the BB counter.

look at the picture of the PS3 on the box, if it has the chrome/shiny faceplate on the front, it's the 60GB version

Draven
01-02-07, 11:41 AM
look at the picture of the PS3 on the box, if it has the chrome/shiny faceplate on the front, it's the 60GB version

Cool, thanks!

No idea which version I saw. The boxes weren't facing the right way.

Gallant Pig
01-02-07, 12:03 PM
No one in their right mind would buy a core Xbox 360.

The guy who is in the market for hi-def DVD (early adopter) is also the same one who would buy the $600 PS3.

Nefarious
Are the Wii's getting direct shipped still (or were they ever)?

Gallant Pig
It's pretty much the same supply/demand pattern they went through with the 360. And why would he be giving me a line? I've bought 2 Wii's from his store, so he knows that I don't need one.

360s became pretty easy to get by Feb, I know that's when I got mine last year.

Gallant Pig
01-02-07, 12:05 PM
Well, in that case, $300 for the Core 360 + $200 for the HD-DVD = $500.

We can sit here and argue about little details all you want, but what it boils down to is this. Gamers want a gaming machine first and foremost, and aren't nearly as worried about Blu-Ray or HD-DVD. If I'm wrong about that, then you explain why PS3s are just sitting in stores right now.

Also, you have to throw in the cost of a $50 HDMI cable for the PS3.

Gallant Pig
01-02-07, 12:06 PM
Ontopic - so... anyone know when the next big Wii shipments are going to hit the stores?

quoted for necessity

Dvdlovr24
01-02-07, 12:18 PM
Also, you have to throw in the cost of a $50 HDMI cable for the PS3.

Or you can order one from Monoprice for less than 10 bucks.

gimmepilotwings
01-02-07, 12:28 PM
I would still love to know about Wiis and their next shipment. I talked to an employee at BB and they still get their shipments via UPS. They could not tell me when they are getting their next shipment in.

mh4268
01-02-07, 12:40 PM
The guys at circuit city told some one around March for Wiis. This was when they figured someone could walk into a store at anytime and buy, not getting particurlarly lucky to find one. They said the same for the DS.

gimmepilotwings
01-02-07, 12:46 PM
The guys at circuit city told some one around March for Wiis. This was when they figured someone could walk into a store at anytime and buy, not getting particurlarly lucky to find one. They said the same for the DS.

That's what the analysts are saying, but a lot of us in this thread are still trying to be the lucky ones to find one before then.

mh4268
01-02-07, 01:15 PM
That's what the analysts are saying, but a lot of us in this thread are still trying to be the lucky ones to find one before then.

Me too, struck out today. May try friday or wait til next wednesday. Found about a dozen PS3, even before xmas.

Draven
01-02-07, 01:24 PM
Man, it's bizarre to me to hear the DS is tough to find too. I got my Lite no problem about 5 months ago.

Nintendo is definitely doing a LOT of things right this time around.

edstein
01-02-07, 01:53 PM
Man, it's bizarre to me to hear the DS is tough to find too. I got my Lite no problem about 5 months ago.

Everything except making enough product available. ;)

FantasticVSDoom
01-02-07, 02:10 PM
We lucked out and the wife and I got our DSs the day after thanksgiving...I cant believe they are so hard to find because when we got ours, Gamestop had a ton and I just figured they werent that popular. Glad we got them when we did.

superdeluxe
01-02-07, 02:13 PM
We ended up getting a pink ds lite from KMART of all places. Good thing too, because everywhere else the DS lite was SOLD OUT. its like wtf.

Oh and I was able to find a copy of FFIII at the local walmart :) thanks everyone.

Demontooth
01-02-07, 02:29 PM
I just saw 5 PS3's at Wal-Mart. When are we going to change the name of this thread?

corbin dallas
01-02-07, 02:42 PM
Yep. Saw another 1/2 dozen PS3 60gb at Target less than an hour ago.

Need to change thread to Wii and Wii Accessories rumors. I can't find a damn nunchuck to save my life...

corbin dallas
01-02-07, 02:44 PM

Not hard to belive. Look at the sales numbers for the DS. My local gamestop has been out of them since before Thanksgiving.

fujishig
01-02-07, 02:49 PM
Well, if you want to try to compare prices,

with wireless and HDD:
Xbox 360 premium (400) + HD DVD (200) + wireless connector (100) = 700

without wireless but with Hard drive:
400 + 200 = 600

The major difference, of course, is that Microsoft gives you the option. Which at first I thought was a pretty dumb move (as is the lack of HDMI), but I've grown to love my HD-DVD player. Can't really compare the core system with any PS3 system since no PS3 system comes without a hard drive, and unlike wireless and a next-gen DVD player, most would argue that the hard drive is pretty important.

Anyway, no Wiis or PS3s in the Southern California area today. I still see Wiimotes pretty regularly, but nunchuks and classics are hit and miss... of course, I'm waiting for Best Buy to get them so I can use the GGC. Only have 3 wiimotes, waiting for wiiplay for my fourth. And I can't find component cables for the Wii at all...

Binger
01-02-07, 02:51 PM
Saw 8 60gb PS3s, I already have one, at Wal-Mart while looking for a Wii about 1/2 hour ago. Gave the Wii I had as a Christmas present and now I can't find one.

KingSmoth
01-02-07, 03:00 PM
Yep. Saw another 1/2 dozen PS3 60gb at Target less than an hour ago.

Need to change thread to Wii and Wii Accessories rumors. I can't find a damn nunchuck to save my life...

True. Along with never having seen a Wii console, it goes the same for the controllers too. Only thing I ever see are the controller gloves...

Michael Corvin
01-02-07, 03:03 PM
Well, if you want to try to compare prices,

with wireless and HDD:
Xbox 360 premium (400) + HD DVD (200) + wireless connector (100) = 700

without wireless but with Hard drive:
400 + 200 = 600

Why this debate is raging on in this thread I'll never know, but I thought the original argument was about simply the cost of next gen movie watching which renders the wireless adapter moot. Ignoring features, the cost to jump on the next gen movie bandwagon be it HD or BR is identical.

Core $300+ HD $200 = $500 (entry level PS3 w/BR)
Prem $400 + HD $200 = $600 (premium level PS3 w/BR)

Simple as that. You can break down every little feature down to including a headset, achievements, unified friends lists, component included, yada, yada, but the price just to watch movies is the same. The only difference comes down to the price of cables. Depending on which 360 combo you choose you can watch HD out of the box which can't be said of the PS3.

Aren't the majority of 360 owners previous Xbox owners anyway? Most of whom already have a hard line run to their entertainment setup? The amount of people needing wireless is probably pretty small. It is, in no way, a required purchase to enjoy the system.

gimmepilotwings
01-02-07, 04:11 PM
I just heard unofficially that Targets will be getting at least 5 Wiis on Thursday Jan 4th.

Again, I do not know how credible the information is, but I plan on being there when they open at 8am just in case.

lotsofdvds
01-02-07, 04:15 PM
I just heard unofficially that Targets will be getting at least 5 Wiis on Thursday Jan 4th.

Again, I do not know how credible the information is, but I plan on being there when they open at 8am just in case.
Please don't make me go wait at Target for nothing...

gimmepilotwings
01-02-07, 04:19 PM
Please don't make me go wait at Target for nothing...

Have someone else go for you. My wife will be at Target at 8am on Thursday ;)

Besides, how many times have you struck out with no previous information?

lotsofdvds
01-02-07, 04:22 PM
Where are you hearing this unofficial tip?

lotsofdvds
01-02-07, 04:49 PM
Not sure if this has already been posted or not, but if you're looking for a 60 gig PS3, you can use this link (http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/howToGetItTab.do?c=1&zip=10008&oid=166283#tabs) to check the availability of your local Circuitcity.
Wow, two days later and 2 out of my 3 local CCs STILL have PS3s in stock...

gimmepilotwings
01-02-07, 05:03 PM
Where are you hearing this unofficial tip?

friend who works at a Target in AZ.

Bell65
01-02-07, 05:05 PM
SUPERTARGET in BLAINE, MN just had 25 wii's ont he shelf 30 minutes ago,my buddy (who is a RT and has the day off) just picked me and him up one...there were no lines or nothing, just the afternoon delivery and i got me a motherfuckin wii!!

if ur in the MN area swing by there...most people are just gettin off of work, so theyll be gone by tonight!

Draven
01-02-07, 06:35 PM
Ugh - can't go to Target on Thursday. That sucks.

Just got back from Best Buy and Target, both with no Wiis or DSs but 3 or 4 PS3s out on the shelf each.

Tamrok
01-02-07, 06:37 PM
I will give the PS3 props for its download speed. I downloaded the Motor Storm demo (about 500MB if I remember) in about 15 minutes. It takes the 360 about an hour and a half for that size.

That's simply a function of the different size of the userbases between the 2 online services. At the moment, there is a far higher load on the Xbox Live servers than Sony's service. If and/or when Sony's service userbase catches up to Live's, I'm sure the download speed will be nearly identical.

KingSmoth
01-02-07, 06:48 PM
I will give the PS3 props for its download speed. I downloaded the Motor Storm demo (about 500MB if I remember) in about 15 minutes. It takes the 360 about an hour and a half for that size.

Definitely not that long for me. When I first got on Live about a month ago, in a period of probably three hours I downloaded numerous Arcade demos, movie and game trailers, plus demos of Hitman:Blood Money, Vegas, Lost Planet, and a few other games, all of which were at least 500MB I believe.

Jimmy James
01-02-07, 07:00 PM
I just went to two Best Buys and a Circuit City (along with 2 EB Games). This is what I saw:

EB seems to have plenty of DS Lites in all colors around here.

BB had 14 and 15 60 GB PS3s at the locations I went to. Both also had Wiimotes but no other sought after Wii items. They did have a full selection of games.

CC had 7 60 GB PS3s at the location I was at. They had virtually nothing for the Wii -- I saw one copy of one game.

Arpeggi
01-02-07, 07:38 PM
Then why would someone buy, if they had the money, a 20GB PS3 when you get triple that amount for a hundred more dollars?

It's not just about hard drive space. The 20GB can still play all the PS3 games and is the exact same Blu-Ray player. I'd buy the 20 GB PS3 and use the $100 to buy Blu-Ray discs. I don't really care for a memory card reader and wired gaming is much stable than wi-fi.

Plus the 20GB one looks better.

Absolute Zero
01-02-07, 09:45 PM
For those of you looking for Component Cables, Amazon has the Mad Catz components in stock for $20.

Mad Catz Component Cables (http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Wii-Component-Cable/dp/B000LWDCO8/sr=8-14/dvdtalk/qid=1167792161/ref=sr_1_14/103-7828354-2398269?ie=UTF8&s=videogames)

I can't comment on the quality because I bought the React cables from Best Buy, but they are gold plated unlike the React cables.

DVD Josh
01-02-07, 10:02 PM
Then why would someone buy, if they had the money, a 20GB PS3 when you get triple that amount for a hundred more dollars?

I used the $100 to get SIX TIMES the HD space (and a better HD to boot). The all black look of the 20gb is much more sleek as well.

RichC2
01-02-07, 10:20 PM
Toys R Us in Tallahassee had about 30 PS3 60gbs in stock.

alfredog1976
01-02-07, 11:03 PM
My local Target (Aliso Viejo, CA) had about 7 nunchuks in stock. Looked all over town for them and they were the only ones who had them.

lotsofdvds
01-03-07, 06:38 AM
PS3s available online (unbundled) at BestBuy.com:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8008489&ref=39&loc=01&type=product&id=1156202764702
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=999965800050007&ref=39&loc=01&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat104100050000&id=pcmprd65900050007

Gallant Pig
01-03-07, 10:20 AM
Anyone hear anything about the WII?

lotsofdvds
01-03-07, 10:23 AM
Sweet. Now we're Wii only in here. :)

gimmepilotwings
01-03-07, 11:56 AM
awesome. Lets go Wii.

mrpayroll
01-03-07, 12:15 PM
So, I guess I'll start a separate PS3 'Where to find' thread!

Chris

;)

Jimmy James
01-03-07, 12:17 PM

Chris

;)

Maybe it should be a 360/PS3 thread. :lol:

argh923
01-03-07, 12:26 PM

Chris

;)

Or you could just go to about any Circuit City/Best Buy, from the sound of things. :)

Binger
01-03-07, 02:37 PM
Saw 8 60gb PS3s, I already have one, at Wal-Mart while looking for a Wii about 1/2 hour ago. Gave the Wii I had as a Christmas present and now I can't find one.

Went to Wal-Mart again this afternoon looking for a Wii to no avail. They still had 6 of the 8 PS3s from yesterday there though. Looks like the PS3 might have a bit of a hill to climb.

pinata242
01-03-07, 02:48 PM
Front door guy at Best Buy today told me to check back tomorrow for Wii shipments. This is one of two brothers that were behind me in the original launch line at Wal-Mart. I'd tend to believe him, but luckily I don't have to. Take it for what it is worth...

lotsofdvds
01-03-07, 05:39 PM
Checked three local Targets today and they all said they've received no Wii hardware or accessories all week. So tomorrow morning might be a decent bet. They get overnight trucks, yes?

Elpresidentepez
01-03-07, 06:28 PM
Checked three local Targets today and they all said they've received no Wii hardware or accessories all week. So tomorrow morning might be a decent bet. They get overnight trucks, yes?

I'm pretty sure this is true of all Wii retailers: they come by UPS. The only times they'll be there @ opening is if they get really early UPS shipments OR the store holds the shipment for the morning, but i'm pretty sure most get their's in the afternoon. It just depends. The accessories however, arrive in their overnight deliveries.

pork-chop123
01-03-07, 06:31 PM
Gamestop.com has Wii bundles up now. Ships 1/17.

corbin dallas
01-03-07, 06:32 PM
FWIW. If any of you happen to be near a Westfield operated mall that is doing the Wii tour in them, Gamestop supposedly has an agreement with Nintendo to supply the Gamestops in the malls with the tour in them with more Wii's than anywhere else. That's how I scored mine before Christmas. They were receiving 20+ Wii's about 3 times a week, that's 20+ per shipment. The day I got mine they received 21 of them. In total since launch that particular Gamestop has had over 400 of them come in and leave almost immediately. Compare that to the maybe 20 total my local neighborhood Gamestops have recieved to date.

lotsofdvds
01-03-07, 06:45 PM
Sweet! Scored one. Thanks for that heads up!

wildcatlh
01-03-07, 06:52 PM
ugh.... I'd be all over that bundle if it had one or two less items (especially the 1 year warranty, which is incredibly superfluous) and was about $100 cheaper. But I can't pull the trigger on that big a bundle.

lotsofdvds
01-03-07, 07:08 PM
ugh.... I'd be all over that bundle if it had one or two less items (especially the 1 year warranty, which is incredibly superfluous) and was about $100 cheaper. But I can't pull the trigger on that big a bundle.
Well I lucked out with the warranty (they dont issue them to Florida), and with preorders like this, they only charge your CC a dollar to authorize the transaction. If I was still short on cash, I'd have time to make it.

Draven
01-03-07, 07:28 PM

I would be all over that too if they dropped the memory card and the warranty. I could always sell the games I don't want.

As it is, too pricey - thanks for passing it along though :)

Edison
01-03-07, 07:33 PM
I heard most all of the Gamestop/EB Games around here got shipments today, but only 3-6 units per store. One of the other guys that was at EB when I was there said that all of the local Target stores (4 of them) got 20-25 Wii's today also.

indiansbsa
01-04-07, 01:59 AM
FINALLY got my hands on a Wii. Hit up local Toys R Us at 1025AM yesterday, DHL truck was parked outside. I was like...oh baby baby please. May there be Wii -AND- not a ton of people inside before me. Turns out there is -NO ONE- in the video games department other than receiving clerks. Sign up still saying "No Wiis." Ask Clerk "Any Wiis on the DHL?" Clerk says no. Hang around. Ask Clerk #2 what did come on DHL. Clerk says PS3s but no Wiis. Hang around a few minutes later, seeing more boxes rolling in. Clerk 1 returns says we have wiis. Score. Come back 25 minutes later to find component cables (they have none) and the other 2 wiis are already gone. This system is like a homing beacon for moms or something.

Been bashing it all month to keep myself depressed for not having it (I played it at a Microcenter store and since then wanted it so badly..). Now my PS3 is gonna mostly be my blu ray player I think, with exception of Ridge Racer 7 which- although fun- is gathering a bit of dust.

Brent L
01-04-07, 02:23 AM
Every single Walmart in my area (four stores) got about six Wii consoles each today. Only one of the stores bothered to even put them in the display case. The other three kept them in the back, and only gave a Wii to those who specifically asked if they had any in stock.

Even with that odd method, they sold out very, very quickly. The one store that actually put them in the display case sold out in minutes.

lotsofdvds
01-04-07, 08:44 AM
Checked two local Targets this morning for Wiis and Wii accessories. Nada. Both said they haven't received one Nintendo product all week.

Each had 3 PS3s though. 1 20gb and 2 60gb models each.

AndyDL
01-04-07, 01:24 PM
Also went to a Target, a Super Target, 2 EB Games, Game Craze and Wal-Mart in the Mesa/Phoenix area. Nothing, nada, zip!

That's it for my Wii quest marathon. Just have to wait until you can go into any store and buy one...

gimmepilotwings
01-04-07, 01:37 PM
Also went to a Target, a Super Target, 2 EB Games, Game Craze and Wal-Mart in the Mesa/Phoenix area. Nothing, nada, zip!

That's it for my Wii quest marathon. Just have to wait until you can go into any store and buy one...

Walmarts in our area get their Wii shipments between 10am and Noon during the day. The Walmart on Main Street between Dobson & Alma School expected to get 8 of them in today or tomorrow.

Absolute Zero
01-04-07, 01:50 PM
Wii Remotes (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8054464&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat103600050009&id=1158316638167) are in stock right now on BestBuy.com. Looks like you have to have it shipped. In store pick-up says "coming soon".

gimmepilotwings
01-04-07, 01:50 PM
There are some people that SWEAR by itrackr.com They charge you $1.99, but supposedly, they have up to the minute status on stores like Target, EBgames etc.

$2 may be a small price to pay for this service. Figured I should at least throw it out there.

Adam Tyner
01-04-07, 02:01 PM
There are some people that SWEAR by itrackr.com They charge you $1.99, but supposedly, they have up to the minute status on stores like Target, EBgames etc.itrackr has a disclaimer that EBGames and Gamestop inventories are usually out of date. At least in my neck of the woods, the only other stores they list are Target and CompUSA. CompUSA apparently doesn't ever get any in, and I already have my own homebrew Target script to ping their website every few minutes. itrackr tackles so many zipcodes that by the time they get around to refreshing mine, they could already be gone.

All a site like itrackr does is have scripts that search the inventory on the stores' websites, often using a link or internal code that's not visible on the front-end.

Nefarious
01-04-07, 02:22 PM
Walmarts in our area get their Wii shipments between 10am and Noon during the day. The Walmart on Main Street between Dobson & Alma School expected to get 8 of them in today or tomorrow.

That's proving true here in SW MO. I stopped by one looking for my brother and they got some at 11 a.m. and sold them all out. He started calling the one's in the the little po-dunk towns about an hour away. Found one w/ 6 on the shelf so he's headed that way.

Raul3
01-04-07, 02:42 PM
Thanks, I ordered a wiimote.

And yeah, itrackr worked for me. Basically it helped me to get a Wii from Target in less than one day after I signed up.

Gallant Pig
01-04-07, 03:32 PM
There are some people that SWEAR by itrackr.com They charge you $1.99, but supposedly, they have up to the minute status on stores like Target, EBgames etc.

$2 may be a small price to pay for this service. Figured I should at least throw it out there.

Just signed up, will let u guys know how it goes.

gimmepilotwings
01-04-07, 03:39 PM
Just signed up, will let u guys know how it goes.

I hope that it works well. I was just about to sign up for it, but I traded a 360 for a Wii via craigslist.

I know of one person, and numerous online users who have received a Wii from this service.

Gallant Pig
01-04-07, 04:26 PM
for 2 bucks not much to lose.

Jimmy James
01-04-07, 04:39 PM
My local Target had no Wiis, but they were stocked pretty well with Classic Controllers and Wiimotes. While this is no longer a joint PS3 thread, I did finally see about 4 PS3s sitting in their case, too.

Brewc
01-04-07, 04:58 PM
Local walmart got in 14 FOURTEEN wii's and I don't have the spare cash to get one! I cut up all CC as a NY resolution, just my luck, guess I'll be waiting until spring.

Gallant Pig
01-04-07, 05:02 PM
How necessary is a classic controller?

pinata242
01-04-07, 05:06 PM
How necessary is a classic controller?
I'd say it is absolutely essential for SNES games. Everything else can be played with the Wiimote or Wavebird. Genesis games could be awkward with the 3-buttons being split with the A by the D-Pad and 1&2 as B&C, but I haven't encountered that problem yet.

Yes, SNES games *can* be played with the Wavebird's D-pad, but it sucks compared to the CC and the near-original form factor. Luckily, you can get by with the Wavebird until you decide either way.

sq240
01-04-07, 05:30 PM
I just want friggin component cables... Just about everytime I look for component cables I find a classic controller..

Any idea when orders from Nintendo will be shipped? I am contemplating ordering the component cables from them.

Nefarious
01-04-07, 05:38 PM
I've seen component cables at several places here in town. I think they are the MadCatz version, though.

Absolute Zero
01-04-07, 06:28 PM
I just want friggin component cables... Just about everytime I look for component cables I find a classic controller..

Any idea when orders from Nintendo will be shipped? I am contemplating ordering the component cables from them.

I posted yesterday that Amazon has component cables available for $20.

fleegs
01-04-07, 06:40 PM

:thumbsup: to itrackr. I didn't pay the $2, but I was still able to get one at Target on Wed.

I got home from work and happened to check itrackr and it said that they were in stock at my Target as of 1 min ago (~12:15pm). So my wife and I quickly went there and I went to the VG section and there were no Wii's in the case. I was disappointed, but figured they sold out already or the site was wrong. My wife had went to the pharmacy, so I started walking over there. As I got over there (other side of the store), I saw a worker with several boxes in the Wii isle. Since we had 15 minutes before her prescription was ready, I told my wife we should head back over there. Got over there and they had 6 Wii's in the case (with the no Wii's available sign still up) and the worker was putting out remotes and nunchucks. Needless to say, I was pretty excited that I lucked out.

Overall, it was probably 15-20 minutes from the time itrackr said it was instock, until they were on the shelves. I checked the site later in the day and they supposedly had them instock for 3.5 hours (a lot longer than I thought they would). Hopefully this info will help some of you find one.

Michael Corvin
01-04-07, 06:48 PM
Yes, SNES games *can* be played with the Wavebird's D-pad, but it sucks compared to the CC and the near-original form factor. Luckily, you can get by with the Wavebird until you decide either way.

I concur. If you have ever played any of the games you intend to purchase the button layout on the GC is going to screw you up along with the shitty D-pad. But it is good enough until you snag a classic controller.

Adam Tyner
01-04-07, 06:51 PM
If you want to track Target for free, just replace the zipcode below with yours:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/search-results.html?asin=B0009VXBAQ&fresh=0&operation=search&zipcode=29680

You'll see stuff in the source like:

tempData = new Array();
tempData["storeName"] = trim("Asheville South");
tempData["itemAvailability"] = trim("Out Of Stock");

All itrackr does is hit these types of links periodically and parse the source. If you write your own parser or don't mind viewing the source, you can get much more timely results rather than waiting for itrackr to get around to looking in your neck of the woods.

KatSagirl
01-04-07, 06:57 PM
Gamecrazy is also selling Wii component cables for 19.99. I just picked them up today!

-Kat

fujishig
01-04-07, 07:01 PM

I ordered them last week, they came right away, so the shortages from their online store are a thing of the past.

Nefarious
01-04-07, 07:31 PM
I've seen component cables at several places here in town. I think they are the MadCatz version, though.

I just picked a set up at a local Wal-Mart for my brother. They are Psyclone brand and not MadCatz like I originally thought. $19.72 plus tax which seems reasonable.

Does anyone know if they are going to have digital audio connections in any way shape or form for the Wii?

fujishig
01-04-07, 07:38 PM
I just picked a set up at a local Wal-Mart for my brother. They are Psyclone brand and not MadCatz like I originally thought. $19.72 plus tax which seems reasonable.

Does anyone know if they are going to have digital audio connections in any way shape or form for the Wii?

I doubt it, the system doesn't support anything beyond dolby pro logic 2, exactly like the gamecube.

The Psyclone one at Walmart is supposed to be a "cheaper" version of the $60 one at Best Buy, without the gold plating or whatever.

Ocelot
01-05-07, 10:48 AM
If you want to track Target for free, just replace the zipcode below with yours:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/search-results.html?asin=B0009VXBAQ&fresh=0&operation=search&zipcode=29680

You'll see stuff in the source like:

tempData = new Array();
tempData["storeName"] = trim("Asheville South");
tempData["itemAvailability"] = trim("Out Of Stock");

All itrackr does is hit these types of links periodically and parse the source. If you write your own parser or don't mind viewing the source, you can get much more timely results rather than waiting for itrackr to get around to looking in your neck of the woods.

Thanks dude... tried, nothing for my zip code, maybe i didn't do it right? Anyone else got it work? Well, i really want to get it in TRU, since you can apply a CCard and then get a 10% off :)

lotsofdvds
01-05-07, 10:53 AM
Doing the Target thing shows that three stores in my area say either In Stock! or Limited Availability, but yet those stores swear they don't have any.

Jimmy James
01-05-07, 10:55 AM
To be clear, you have to look at the page source to see the status at Target.

Adam Tyner
01-05-07, 10:58 AM
Doing the Target thing shows that three stores in my area say either In Stock! or Limited Availability, but yet those stores swear they don't have any.It could be:

1) ...that they have units in a storeroom or something that haven't made their way up front

2) ...that they've sold out, but the inventory system on the website hasn't been updated to reflect that

2) ...that lazy employees are just saying "no" instead of checking. :D

pinata242
01-05-07, 11:01 AM
or
2) ...reserved for people who are actually in store and not going to promise you something over the phone just to get harassed when you get there too late.

Adam Tyner
01-05-07, 11:11 AM
or
2) ...reserved for people who are actually in store and not going to promise you something over the phone just to get harassed when you get there too late.I hope not 'cause that's kinda dumb. It's not that hard to say "we have one or two, but I'm not sure how much longer they're going to be here" over the phone.

pinata242
01-05-07, 11:14 AM
No doubt, but I've also heard of all kinds of dumb retail policies. Seems similar to not sellling items until the Sunday ad hits advertising it to me.

gimmepilotwings
01-05-07, 11:32 AM
No doubt, but I've also heard of all kinds of dumb retail policies. Seems similar to not sellling items until the Sunday ad hits advertising it to me.

Most state laws require that if you have an item placed in your weekly ad, that you have to have X amount available on the first day of the ad.

Jimmy James
01-05-07, 12:11 PM
I wonder if the inventory discrepancy could be an issue with returns. They have systems in inventory, but they're not ones they can sell as new?

Ocelot
01-05-07, 02:31 PM
I wonder if the inventory discrepancy could be an issue with returns. They have systems in inventory, but they're not ones they can sell as new?

I saw people return PS3s, but not Wiis... However, from past experience, if you return something new (box is not opened) to TRU, they put some kind of sticker on it anyway... So if you're buying from TRU and you see a wierd sticker that's out of place, you're buying a returned item.

AndyDL
01-05-07, 02:32 PM
Define extreme disappointment...

Searching for this thing for 2 weeks.

Taking a tip from a fellow DVD talk member, going to a local Wal-Mart on Thursday, nothing yet.

Go back today, start leaving at 11:45am, decide I have time to stop at Starbucks because yesterday the shipping truck didn't arrive until 12:30.

Get there at Noon, walk towards the Electronics department, see the clerk carrying a Wii box. Run up there... and it's the last one. THE LAST ONE.

I must've missed it by 10 seconds. I think the entire store heard my frustration. Yes, it's just a video game system, but after looking for this long, it's a mission.

SON OF A BIT.......

gimmepilotwings
01-05-07, 02:41 PM
Define extreme disappointment...

Searching for this thing for 2 weeks.

Taking a tip from a fellow DVD talk member, going to a local Wal-Mart on Thursday, nothing yet.

Go back today, start leaving at 11:45am, decide I have time to stop at Starbucks because yesterday the shipping truck didn't arrive until 12:30.

Get there at Noon, walk towards the Electronics department, see the clerk carrying a Wii box. Run up there... and it's the last one. THE LAST ONE.

I must've missed it by 10 seconds. I think the entire store heard my frustration. Yes, it's just a video game system, but after looking for this long, it's a mission.

SON OF A BIT.......

damn Andy, I feel your disappointment. Walmarts are only getting shipments every week or so. You could try another Walmart.

You may want to invest $2 in itrackr. They seem to be pretty spot on when it comes to Target getting Wiis in stock.

Draven
01-05-07, 02:58 PM
I paid my $2 bucks yesterday. Haven't gotten any texts yet though - I keep checking the phone just to make sure.

Rob V
01-05-07, 03:01 PM
Im using the itrackr thing and it told me a local Target had / has them in stock. I get all geeked, fly up to the store only to find some stringy burnout with a pimply face tell me that IF they had them, they'd be in the glass storage case (which of course they were not).

gimmepilotwings
01-05-07, 03:32 PM
Im using the itrackr thing and it told me a local Target had / has them in stock. I get all geeked, fly up to the store only to find some stringy burnout with a pimply face tell me that IF they had them, they'd be in the glass storage case (which of course they were not).

There are times where itrackr knows that Target has Wiis, when the employee has no clue. Keep trying.

Adam Tyner
01-05-07, 08:05 PM
If you want to track Circuit City for Wiis the same way that itrackr does, just replace the zip code in this URL.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/howToGetItTab.do?c=1&zip=29464&oid=165227&userClick=STORE_PICKUP&showMoreStores=false

juanmgonzalez
01-05-07, 10:13 PM
Thanks dude... tried, nothing for my zip code, maybe i didn't do it right? Anyone else got it work? Well, i really want to get it in TRU, since you can apply a CCard and then get a 10% off :)

10% offer does not allow video game hardware

Gallant Pig
01-05-07, 11:52 PM
Success! I used Adam's method to score a WII tonight! It may have been a Target that wasn't on my iseekr thingy cuz I received no email from them. Apparently it was a "never-used" return that was instock for all of 30 minutes.

Thx Adam!

Gallant Pig
01-05-07, 11:53 PM
Oh yeah, then I went to every big store on my way home (2 more Targets, Circuit City, CompUSA, Best Buy & Walmart whew!) and there wasn't an extra Wii controller to be had, nor component cables.

Adam Tyner
01-06-07, 01:22 AM
It may have been a Target that wasn't on my iseekr thingy cuz I received no email from them.The difference is that you only have to juggle one zip code. itrackr has to do thousands, and by the time it gets around to revisiting yours, consoles could already have come and gone.

Brent L
01-06-07, 01:39 AM
I still can't help but to laugh at the talk going around pre-launch. I was just reading in the November issue of Game Informer, and they go on to say how it wont be hard at all for anyone to find a Wii or any Wii related items on release day and onward.

I laugh at myself for buying into all of that talk. The week before launch, the Sunday, I went to a TRU about 30 minutes away because they were giving out some pre-orders (and that ended up being true, they were). I waited at the TRU for an hour or so, then got bored of waiting and left. My thinking was that since that TRU wasn't going to do a midnight release, then I'd pass up getting the pre-order there and instead just stroll into Walmart here about 8 minutes away from me and buy one at midnight. I thought that would be best since I didn't want to wait until TRU opened up.

Boy was I wrong. I was finally able to pick up a Wii at a Walmart, but more than a month after the launch. Even then I had to wait for hours, maybe ten hours total spread out over three or four days (kept showing up when they get their UPS/FedEX shipments). The day that I finally nailed one I had to wait, standing right in front of the video game case, for four hours.

mrpayroll
01-06-07, 02:30 AM
I find it interesting (funny) that EBGames & Gamestop still have the Nintendo Wii Most Wanted Bundle for $680 since Jan 3, 2007 at 2:30 pm.

I guess most people now don't want to be forcefed anything that they don't want. Those companies should just break it down to a fewer games and try to sell them that way.

Chris

Ocelot
01-08-07, 01:56 PM
I still can't help but to laugh at the talk going around pre-launch. I was just reading in the November issue of Game Informer, and they go on to say how it wont be hard at all for anyone to find a Wii or any Wii related items on release day and onward.

I laugh at myself for buying into all of that talk. The week before launch, the Sunday, I went to a TRU about 30 minutes away because they were giving out some pre-orders (and that ended up being true, they were). I waited at the TRU for an hour or so, then got bored of waiting and left. My thinking was that since that TRU wasn't going to do a midnight release, then I'd pass up getting the pre-order there and instead just stroll into Walmart here about 8 minutes away from me and buy one at midnight. I thought that would be best since I didn't want to wait until TRU opened up.

Boy was I wrong. I was finally able to pick up a Wii at a Walmart, but more than a month after the launch. Even then I had to wait for hours, maybe ten hours total spread out over three or four days (kept showing up when they get their UPS/FedEX shipments). The day that I finally nailed one I had to wait, standing right in front of the video game case, for four hours.

From experience, that's so true.... i kept on procrastinate b/c the line is just freaking ridiculous! i refuse to waste an hour or more for getting on-line and pay, no freaking way. To me, those hours should be used to play games or better, relax (the worse is work).

So, i'm still Wii-less... Actually, i didn't try hard enough at all :)

Whenever i'm running errands, i just check whatever stores for Wii-vailablity. To be more greedy, i'm only interested in Target, TRU and CC, since you can apply a store ccard and get 10% (not CC, but i got a $40 off coupon to use).

Anyhow, no luck, but i'm not Wii-bssed, i got tons of other things to do anyway. Still waiting for the Sony ccard, which will get me another $150 to use :)

So, life is still good without Wii (of course it is :))

Ocelot
01-08-07, 01:58 PM
However, life maybe slightly sweeter if you're Wii-d.

lotsofdvds
01-08-07, 02:05 PM
I find it interesting (funny) that EBGames & Gamestop still have the Nintendo Wii Most Wanted Bundle for $680 since Jan 3, 2007 at 2:30 pm.

I guess most people now don't want to be forcefed anything that they don't want. Those companies should just break it down to a fewer games and try to sell them that way.

Chris
Bundles should go away after the holiday. People just won't tolerate them now.

CompUSA.com is doing an ABSURD PS3 bundle where they force you to choose 10 additional items from a list of about 15 things, and they're out of stock on some of them (component cables, Resistance).

Michael Corvin
01-08-07, 02:16 PM
Bundles should go away after the holiday. People just won't tolerate them now.

CompUSA.com is doing an ABSURD PS3 bundle where they force you to choose 10 additional items from a list of about 15 things, and they're out of stock on some of them (component cables, Resistance).

I think their pre-order <s>deal</s> scam takes the cake. Buy a $2000+ HDTV and you can reserve a PS3. Making the bundle $2600+

Draven
01-08-07, 02:23 PM
I'm waiting for the "bundle backlash" but it doesn't seem to be going away. I think we'll get it from online retailers for every console launch from here on out. Too much profit available, I guess.

Are there any legal issues with bundling? Refusing to sell you a product unless you buy additional items? I can't think of a common equivalent of this practice in a retail outlet.

Ocelot
01-08-07, 04:47 PM
Personally, i don't any reason for buying bundles... It's like ordering a super sized #4 or something. Do you really need all that calories?

dtcarson
01-08-07, 07:37 PM
I think it's a scuzzy practice, but i don't think there's anything illegal about it.
Plus, in my mind, I should get a discount when buying a bundle--that's generally the main reason to buy larger quantities of some things, because it's cheaper per unit. Or, alternately, it might be worth a little more if you're getting stuff you want, and the convenience is worth it.
A bundle where you at least get to pick and choose a few things is better than the locked-in bundle, for instance, I have absolutely no interest in any football games, and those are part of most bundles.
Console bundles, however, are for the benefit of the retailer, not the consumer.

Draven
01-09-07, 12:26 AM
Oh, I was sure it wasn't illegal. I just couldn't think of any other precedent in a store (forcing you to buy a certain product if you buy a different product - and something that is usually sold separately.)

mrpayroll
01-09-07, 01:10 PM
So, this thread is not getting many posts recently about Wii sightings. Is this because they are even harder to find now than before Christmas or is it because almost everyone on DVDTalk has already gotten their Wii?

I haven't found one yet, but I haven't been looking in the stores because I have better things to do with my time. But the Wii online trackers haven't shown any new stock in almost a week, except for the over inflated price of the Gamestop / EB bundles ($680).

So, what's the story, morning glory?

Chris

Adam Tyner
01-09-07, 01:16 PM
So, this thread is not getting many posts recently about Wii sightings.Targets on the West coast apparently got a big influx late last week. Things look pretty desolate in my time zone, tho'. None of the Targets around here have gotten anything in a couple of weeks. One of the online trackers reported that a Gamestop had some Wiis in, but the 'last updated' time was 9 hours by that point, so I didn't bother. The other 'last updated' times for the local EB Games and Gamestops were the better part of a month.

Tracer Bullet
01-09-07, 01:17 PM
I think it's simply that supply hasn't gone up so people have given up. Paradoxically, this should make Wiis easier to find, but this hasn't been my experience.

On a lark, I got off one stop further this morning and went by the Nintendo Store. I got there about 5 minutes before they opened and the line had only about 25 people in it, so I decided to wait. They didn't have any Wiis, though. I'm thinking I might just do this every morning until I get one.

gimmepilotwings
01-09-07, 01:37 PM
Personally, i don't any reason for buying bundles... It's like ordering a super sized #4 or something. Do you really need all that calories?

In a word, YES. I order every meal supersized.

Bundles, never though.

Josh H
01-09-07, 01:51 PM
I think it's simply that supply hasn't gone up so people have given up. Paradoxically, this should make Wiis easier to find, but this hasn't been my experience.

Demand is probably down as well since many were looking for one for presents (and some helping friends who were looking for them for presnents) etc. and may not need/want one right now.

Note that I just mean among those posting in the thread before who aren't now. Demand is still sky high in general.

Ocelot
01-09-07, 01:56 PM
So, besides bundles sightings, anybody else finding Wiis? My local CCs, BBs, TRUs and Targets are Wii-less. Walmart is too far for me... Didn't check GS though, i hate to goto those small GS stores, bad vibes.

Rob V
01-09-07, 03:19 PM
Using the itrackr system, I decided to check about my local retailers. An "In Stock" prompt popped up for a Gamestop about 6 miles from me. So I call over and the clone tells me that they have one in stock. I hustle to the store, miss the u-turn because Im not familiar with the area, run inside only to find some 15 year old douchebag using his last nickel to purchase the system!! At least I now know they exist - this is the first time I've even seen the system.

gimmepilotwings
01-09-07, 03:42 PM
Using the itrackr system, I decided to check about my local retailers. An "In Stock" prompt popped up for a Gamestop about 6 miles from me. So I call over and the clone tells me that they have one in stock. I hustle to the store, miss the u-turn because Im not familiar with the area, run inside only to find some 15 year old douchebag using his last nickel to purchase the system!! At least I now know they exist - this is the first time I've even seen the system.

Another proof positive that itrackr works. Drive over the median next time to get there quicker. ;)

Demontooth
01-09-07, 03:56 PM
Or smack the 15 year old, give him $250 + tax, and send him home empty handed.

KurrptSenate
01-09-07, 04:01 PM
...or wait till he walks out in the parking lot, sock him in the gut, and walk away with a free wii

Adam Tyner
01-09-07, 04:02 PM
Another proof positive that itrackr works....although itrackr states pretty prominently that Gamestop and EB Games' online inventory systems ('cause again, all itrackr does is use the freely accessible "is it in stock?" components on a few different websites) aren't particularly reliable. The impression I've gotten from the other forums I read is that only the Target in-stock data is worth anything.

I wrote my own version of itrackr to keep a closer eye on a few retailers ('cause itrackr can take so long to refresh some zips that the consoles could already have come and gone), but it's not doing any good since Nintendo is seemingly disinterested in shipping any to my region.

I did track down a remote, though! So, I guess that counts for something.

Josh H
01-09-07, 04:30 PM
Looks like Best Buy is holding them for the 21st and advertising a minimum of 21 per store.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123573

But it is just a report from an employee with no confirmation yet, so take it with a grain of salt.

Adam Tyner
01-09-07, 04:50 PM
Apparently links to CAG are disabled on DVD Talk. Wouldn't matter 'cause you have to be a registered user to view any threads there anyway.

mrpayroll
01-09-07, 04:52 PM
Yeah, what's up with that? Do they have a problem with DVDTalk linking to their forums?

Chris

Josh H
01-09-07, 05:03 PM
Weird, CAG links used to work.

I never worried about the registered thing anyway, since most of the regulars that post here no doubt have accounts there as well to scour the deals forum if nothing else. :D

juanmgonzalez
01-09-07, 07:57 PM

If we're talking about #4 at Wendy's (Big Bacon Classic), then Hell Yeah i'm super sizing it

RobLutter
01-09-07, 08:26 PM
Target had the entire space for PS3s filled this afternoon when I went grocery shopping.

They could've even had more in the back! All 60GB.

Brent L
01-09-07, 08:29 PM
All of the Walmart stores I go to now are always fully stocked with PS3 systems, and I've only notice the 60GB version each time.

wildcatlh
01-10-07, 09:50 AM
Went to Gamestop near where I work about lunchtime yesterday, right after I had seen the UPS truck show up. Asked if they had gotten in any Wiis. The guy tells me no... but they have plenty of 60 GB PS3s in the back if I wanted any of those. Which caused me to start laughing.

lotsofdvds
01-10-07, 10:57 AM
EB/Gamestop has a new Wii bundle up. It's $100 cheaper.

wildcatlh
01-10-07, 11:06 AM
Can anyone in FL who's ordered one of the Gamestop Wii bundles tell me how much, if anything, is taken off the price due to the fact that they can't ship the extended warranty here?

lotsofdvds
01-10-07, 11:11 AM
Can anyone in FL who's ordered one of the Gamestop Wii bundles tell me how much, if anything, is taken off the price due to the fact that they can't ship the extended warranty here?
$29.99

Ocelot
01-10-07, 12:43 PM
If we're talking about #4 at Wendy's (Big Bacon Classic), then Hell Yeah i'm super sizing it

Okay, i gotta scratch that example :)

I think the reason why you guys/gals think supersizing meal is not that bad as game bundle because of what you pay is actually what you want for the meal example.

Errr, no Wiis at CC, dropping by that freaking store twice a week now. Sometimes i got a feeling they answer the question a bit too fast, almost like they want to blow you off "no, we don't have that, next guest."

Josh H
01-10-07, 12:51 PM

I think the reason why you guys/gals think supersizing meal is not that bad as game bundle because of what you pay is actually what you want for the meal example.

True. And Americans love their greasy, fatty food in as large of portions as they can get. :D

KurrptSenate
01-10-07, 01:51 PM
my local Gamestop JUST got 2 Wiis in right now.

my manager friend offered me one, knowing i would just sell it, but I decided to pass, allowing someone who would keep it, pick it up

Michael Corvin
01-10-07, 01:57 PM

Oh, there's that and the fact that you are comparing an upcharge of fifty cents to a $5 meal to an upcharge of a few hundred dollars to $600. They seem analogous on the surface but they really aren't. :)

mrpayroll
01-10-07, 02:19 PM
EB/Gamestop has a new Wii bundle up. It's $100 cheaper.

They're getting desperate. The more expensive bundle was up over a week and didn't sell out.

Chris

PerryD
01-10-07, 02:39 PM
I check iTrackr every day seeing if any Wii's are showing up in my area (western burbs of Chicago). As of now, 0 out of 27 showing stock, but what is really amazing is how long since the last status change: For the closest Target, it's 42 days, the next closest Target 38 days. Even many of the EBgames say over 23 days.

Any explanation?

Tracer Bullet
01-10-07, 04:06 PM
My friend just told me she got me a Wii! She was at the Target in Plymouth Meeting, PA and they had a half dozen. She said she audibly gasped. So I'll finally be playing with my Wii this weekend.

If anyone in that area is still looking for one, might be worth heading over there.

mrpayroll
01-10-07, 04:16 PM
My friend just told me she got me a Wii! She was at the Target in Plymouth Meeting, PA and they had a half dozen. She said she audibly gasped. So I'll finally be playing with my Wii this weekend.

If anyone in that area is still looking for one, might be worth heading over there.

Do you think if I leave now I will get there in time?

Chris

pinata242
01-10-07, 04:22 PM
Do you think if I leave now I will get there in time?

Chris
Call ahead. Tell them you're on your way.

wildcatlh
01-10-07, 04:48 PM
Wii Seeker (www.ps3seeker.com/wii/) has a blurb up saying there are (unconfirmed) rumors of Target stores having a Wii release on Sunday, January 21....

gimmepilotwings
01-10-07, 04:50 PM
Wii Seeker (www.ps3seeker.com/wii/) has a blurb up saying there are (unconfirmed) rumors of Target stores having a Wii release on Sunday, January 21....

Best Buy as well. They plan on holding Wii's back for their 21st ad.

Ocelot
01-10-07, 05:08 PM
In that case, i don't see why not at CCs and TRUs. Sounds like there will be plenty of Wiis at the end of this month.

Jimmy James
01-10-07, 07:23 PM
Given the lack of accessories and even lack of games at some stores I have been in recently, I almost wonder if they're not holding the systems back until they have the high profit items to sell with them.

Josh H
01-10-07, 10:50 PM
Given the lack of accessories and even lack of games at some stores I have been in recently, I almost wonder if they're not holding the systems back until they have the high profit items to sell with them.

I think the idea is to hold them for an ad so they can put it weekly flyer and get a bunch of people to line up and hopefully by other stuff while they are there.

Rather than just putting them out when the get them and selling out quickly.

Seems stupid to me, but that's a common strategy with these types of things, loss leader sells etc. Get a lot of people to the store and assume they will by more than that one thing while there. But I guess it works.

Michael Corvin
01-11-07, 08:44 AM
You also have to take into account that if they do advertise them, they actually have to have some that day otherwise it is considered false advertising to get people in the store, which is illegal.

JimmySRU
01-11-07, 08:48 AM
My Gamestop had three delivered yesterday. I was at the Nail Salon waiting for my wife to get done saw a truck pull up a deliveryman walk in with a few boxes followed him in and bought one they had three total and the other two were gone before the papers were signed and the deliveryman out the door.

Josh H
01-11-07, 08:51 AM
You also have to take into account that if they do advertise them, they actually have to have some that day otherwise it is considered false advertising to get people in the store, which is illegal.

Yep, I was just talking about the reason to advertise them in the first play. Holding them is of course necessary for legal reasons once they do put them in the ad with a minimum amount.

rfduncan
01-11-07, 08:55 AM
Have to wonder if that isn't partially true. My local Best Buy has TONS of remotes but not many games at all. Also no one seems to have the nunchuks in stock. :(

gimmepilotwings
01-11-07, 09:09 AM
Have to wonder if that isn't partially true. My local Best Buy has TONS of remotes but not many games at all. Also no one seems to have the nunchuks in stock. :(

That's fine with me. I am starting to wonder if there will ever be a need to have 4 nunchuks.

Nazgul
01-11-07, 11:27 AM

At the TRU where I got mine the other night, I saw at least 20 nunchuks and no remotes at all last Saturday.

Homer Simpson
01-11-07, 12:07 PM
I think the idea is to hold them for an ad so they can put it weekly flyer and get a bunch of people to line up and hopefully buy other stuff while they are there.
I don't think that's it. When I waited at the BestBuy last month and got mine, they lined us up, we went into the store 4 at a time and they ushered us straight to the registers. They had someone asking what game(s) we wanted and we got our Wii and left. I was way to paranoid to put it in the car and go back into the store at that point so I left (as did everyone else).

Adam Tyner
01-12-07, 09:21 AM
Circuit City.com has Wiis in stock now! (http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Wii/sem/rpsm/catOid/-16621/N/20012841+20016484+20016621/link/ref/rpem/ccd/categorySpecial.do?AID=10415275&sourceid=qIqsRZ1HBxB@AlrDJSLK&affiliateid=39502629&carriage=befree&PID=1886881&cm_ven=CJ&cm_pla=1886881)

It's a bundle, but you can edit your shopping cart and remove anything you don't want. Just ordered mine. Hurray!

Rob V
01-12-07, 09:28 AM
It's a bundle, but you can edit your shopping cart and remove anything you don't want. Just ordered mine. Hurray!

Just got mine too! Thanks a million for the link!

lotsofdvds
01-12-07, 09:30 AM
Got mine as well. Removed the stuff I didn't want. Thanks!

RoyalTea
01-12-07, 09:37 AM
says sold out for me.

speaking of circuitcity, if all the local circuitcities say "Not currently available" instead of "out of stock" does that mean that they have some, but they're not for sale yet?

Adam Tyner
01-12-07, 09:50 AM
I dunno, RoyalTea, but my mini-itrackr noticed yesterday morning that the status had also changed for the local Circuit Cities from 'out of stock' to 'not available'. Woke me up at 4:15 AM, got me all excited, and...nothin'.

Sorry that the CircuitCity.com thing sold out so quickly, but I'm glad to hear I helped a couple of you grab Wiis.

Deftones
01-12-07, 09:58 AM
If anyone in the Phoenix area wants a PS3, hit up the Ahwatukee Best Buy. There were at least 40 of them stacked up in the middle of the store. I laughed when I saw them. :lol:

rfduncan
01-12-07, 10:13 AM
If anyone in the Phoenix area wants a PS3, hit up the Ahwatukee Best Buy. There were at least 40 of them stacked up in the middle of the store. I laughed when I saw them. :lol:
Funny that you say that. I was returning stuff to Best Buy last week and they had about 30 behind the customer service desk, and I asked if those were real PS3's or just the display boxes. The guy laughed and said, "No, those are the real deal. Want one?" I said no, I'm happy with my Wii. He laughed and said, "Yeah, me too. It seems to be the case with everyone. We can't get rid of those things now." :lol:

That's fine with me. I am starting to wonder if there will ever be a need to have 4 nunchuks.
Clearly you don't have 3 other friends and a copy of Rayman: Raving Rabbids! ;)

KurrptSenate
01-12-07, 10:20 AM
i saw a guy returning a PS3 yesterday while i was talking to my manager-friend. Apparently people bought them to sell on ebay, realized it was too late to make ANY money, and then returned them as a last resort

Ocelot
01-12-07, 02:51 PM
CC got the Wiis, yeah!!!!! but it's a freaking bundle, damn!

Adam Tyner
01-12-07, 03:11 PM
CC got the Wiis, yeah!!!!! but it's a freaking bundle, damn!Doesn't matter if it's a bundle at CircuitCity.com. You can remove anything you don't want from the shopping cart.

lotsofdvds
01-12-07, 03:14 PM
Well my CC.com Wii shipped already!

But the controllers haven't.

kakihara1
01-12-07, 04:09 PM
Circuit City did an amazing job with the 360s as well last year if I remember correctly. They had them when they said they did and they got them to you mucho quick like. If you were able to buy one from CC then you're in good hands.

Ocelot
01-12-07, 04:11 PM
Doesn't matter if it's a bundle at CircuitCity.com. You can remove anything you don't want from the shopping cart.

but you can't do that in the stores :( tried, they won't let me...

now, the Wiis are gone (Union Sq, NYC). This means, even at bundle prices, people still getting them.

For the love of games, i hope people not buying the Wiis for eBaying. During early launch, i can understand, but now, it's pure crap!

Adam Tyner
01-12-07, 04:12 PM
but you can't do that in the stores :( tried, they won't let me...Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I didn't know they were doing forced bundles in-store.

Ocelot
01-12-07, 04:42 PM
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I didn't know they were doing forced bundles in-store.

Don't worry about it... Yeah, the Union Sq CC is definitely forcing me to buy the bundle, sucks big times. For the first time since launch, i finally saw the real Wii boxes and they deny my right to purchase the console alone :(

See, the funny thing is, the lady i saw with the Wii box at the cashier, i don't see any bundling at all, all she carried is a Wii box (unless that little box has the bundle in it, which i highly doubt it does). So, when i mentioned to the cashier (at the Customer Service), just get me that Wii box behind her, she won't let me and of course she didn't see what i saw, so i was forced off the line (there were people behind me, alot of them, maybe all of them eyeing the Wii box behind the cashier).

tofferman
01-12-07, 05:40 PM
but you can't do that in the stores :( tried, they won't let me...

now, the Wiis are gone (Union Sq, NYC). This means, even at bundle prices, people still getting them.

For the love of games, i hope people not buying the Wiis for eBaying. During early launch, i can understand, but now, it's pure crap!

Based on the Ebay auctions, there isn't much of a profit to be made these days, when one considers the intangibles like Ebay/Paypal fees, boxing the item, waiting in line to ship it. I guess it depends on how much you value your time to try to sell one for profit.

Also, if you have access to a Target, a rep there told me they should have a large quantity of Wii's and accessories sometime late next week. I'm not sure if this is part of a promotional event or a random, store-by-store happening.

argh923
01-12-07, 09:02 PM
Circuit City did an amazing job with the 360s as well last year if I remember correctly. They had them when they said they did and they got them to you mucho quick like. If you were able to buy one from CC then you're in good hands.

Indeed. I bought a 360 from CC...they upgraded the shipping, shipped them out the very next day (ordered at 3PM EST), and arrived in time for Christmas that year. Was an awesome experience.

Demontooth
01-12-07, 10:48 PM
I went to Best Buy tonight and what did I see?
A guy in a black shirt and a big fucking stack of PS3!

http://www.cherrybombers.net/ps3.jpg

bloopbleep
01-13-07, 12:40 AM

remember this is the second time nintendo kicked sony`s ass, how about nintendo dslite ver psp? good picture

TOLEN
01-13-07, 09:05 AM

Whats funnier is that right after this picture was taken the guy in the blackshirt had to ask if they had any PS3's. ;)

Pharoh
01-13-07, 09:27 AM
Whats funnier is that right after this picture was taken the guy in the blackshirt had to ask if they had any PS3's. ;)

Considering those are all empty boxes it really isn't all that funny.

:shrug:

Demontooth
01-13-07, 10:16 AM
I don't know if you are serious or not but these aren't empty.

Gromit
01-13-07, 11:27 AM
I saw a pile at least that big at a Best Buy near me the other day.

Actually, I saw a dozen+ sitting on the shelf and thought it just looked strange. Even though there are widespread reports of PS3s being available, it was just a 'new' sight for me, seeing a pile of 'em. Then I looked over and saw a pile like Demontooth's pic.

Not empty.

Pharoh
01-13-07, 11:37 AM
I don't know if you are serious or not but these aren't empty.

I was serious. All of the Best Buys and Gamestops in my area have stacks of boxes like these for both the PS3 and Wii. All are empty. Neither system is available for purchase today. Obviously depends on where you live I guess.

Goldberg74
01-13-07, 11:50 AM
I was serious. All of the Best Buys and Gamestops in my area have stacks of boxes like these for both the PS3 and Wii. All are empty. Neither system is available for purchase today. Obviously depends on where you live I guess.
$599 for an empty box? WTF?

;)

The_Greek
01-13-07, 11:52 AM
If they were empty, they wouldn't have those security strings (that make the alarms go off) around each box. If you look at the picture, you can see them at a different spot on each box. You can even make out the plastic pieces on the ones on the end.

Demontooth
01-13-07, 12:58 PM
This isn't even a discussion, I was there, I touched them, I talked to the BB employees about them, there are not empty.

Jimmy James
01-13-07, 01:14 PM
I can confirm the PS3s in my local Best Buys are also the real thing because I picked one of the boxes up.

Josh H
01-13-07, 01:19 PM
All the Best Buys around here just have the consoles out like that...not empty boxes.

Haven't seen PS3's yet, but haven't been for a couple of weeks either.

Michael Corvin
01-13-07, 01:32 PM
not to mention that every one of those boxes has those giant security tags with wire wrapped aound them. Seems like an awful lot of trouble to keep people from stealing empty boxes.

I just got back from TRU*, they had 17 PS3s - No wiis. No one he was telling about their load of PS3s was biting either. However the guy in front of me picked up Resistance.

*Outer Loop TRU for the fellow Louisvillian's here if anyone is wanting one.

Demontooth
01-13-07, 01:49 PM
Hey Michael, that was the Best Buy on Shelbyville Road, we were there last night around 9:30.

nickdawgy
01-13-07, 02:36 PM

Has the consumer turned its back on Sony? News at 11.

Michael Corvin
01-13-07, 02:40 PM
Demontooth, that is hilarious. I might be going by there later so I'll nab a pic to see how sales are going. :lol:

Puzznic
01-13-07, 03:12 PM
That doesn't even seem like it could be one shipment. It seems like multiple shipments are just piling up. That is not good for them.

amped
01-13-07, 03:43 PM
That's pretty much how it is at the BB and target in the Ambler PA area. BB had the 60 and a few 20gb PS3s stacked on a shelf, nothing as drastic as the above picture though. Target not only had the PS3 lined up on the bottom shelf in the Sony section, but they were filling up the game display case as well as if they were trying to get as many systems in there as possible.

Still have yet to see any Wiis, may try my luck next weekend and pick one for a friend.

DVDGamer
01-13-07, 06:49 PM
Dropped by OC (Tustin) TRU and was pleasantly surprised when I asked for Wii Controllers. They actually have some shipment! They do have Nunchucks as well. They have a big box of each behind their glass door. When he dipped in to grab me one of each, looks like these are less than half filled already. So run, don't walk to grab some controller/nunchuck goodies! Good luck!

wildcatlh
01-13-07, 06:51 PM
I found a Classic Controller at Target today and a Wiimote at Gamestop.

Now I just have to find a Wii. :)

shaun3000
01-13-07, 08:14 PM
I gotta say, it's nearly a month since Christmas and still the Wii's are next to impossible to find. Every store I've been in has a couple PS3s but never any Wiis. It's a waste of time to even ask about them. Way to go, Nintendo!

PerryD
01-13-07, 08:42 PM
I gotta say, it's nearly a month since Christmas and still the Wii's are next to impossible to find. Every store I've been in has a couple PS3s but never any Wiis. It's a waste of time to even ask about them. Way to go, Nintendo!

Is it a supply problem or demand problem, or both? Using iTrackr.com, it says that the 2 Targets near me haven't recieved any Wii's (at least no status changes) in over a month, and over 3 weeks for several EBgames/Gamestops in my area. Perhaps they are selling out before iTrackr detects them?

Michael Corvin
01-13-07, 10:01 PM
Saw a dozen more PS3s at Target. I'm amazed.

This is the exact opposite of how I thought things were going to go prior to launch.

Brent L
01-13-07, 10:12 PM
Has the consumer turned its back on Sony? News at 11.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2882/rimshotlq3.gif

Well played indeed!

Bluelitespecial
01-13-07, 10:31 PM
Well the Wiis are advertised in next Weeks Kmart ad starting January 21st. Hopefully I will receive them or plenty of people will be pissed off at me.

Demontooth
01-13-07, 11:03 PM
OK, so we went back tonight, either they got another shipment, or they have only sold 3 since last night.

http://www.cherrybombers.net/ps32.jpg

Brent L
01-13-07, 11:12 PM
Imagine if they had a stack of Wiis like that. I wonder how long that would last. :lol:

chrisih8u
01-13-07, 11:20 PM
I hope we get an update every day. :lol:

Ocelot
01-14-07, 10:39 AM
Based on the Ebay auctions, there isn't much of a profit to be made these days, when one considers the intangibles like Ebay/Paypal fees, boxing the item, waiting in line to ship it. I guess it depends on how much you value your time to try to sell one for profit.

Also, if you have access to a Target, a rep there told me they should have a large quantity of Wii's and accessories sometime late next week. I'm not sure if this is part of a promotional event or a random, store-by-store happening.

Thanks for the words... i haven't check eBay for Wii pricing (don't wanna), but to hear people are not "stocking" up the Wii for eBay. I will check Target this week. See the thing is, the employees (CC, Target TRUs...) got so used to saying "no we don't have that" or "no, sold out." i don't even feel like asking... definitely not if there's a line (not gonna waste times, one of the NY resolution).

Ocelot
01-14-07, 10:46 AM

I'm sorry to say this, but Nintendo is freaking slow supplying the Wiis. If i can't find one in the stores (TRU, Target, CC, BB etc.) Hell, even Amazon, i blame Nintendo. Yess, i'm Wii-less and i'm pissted. Sure, if i get up earlier and wait couple of hours on lines i probably got one. Or if i'm willing to buy a bundle, i could have gotten one too.

Michael Corvin
01-14-07, 10:56 AM
Yep. They started out with a bang but are slowly devolving into 360 supply problems which I don't get since it is a gamecube in a new case. AND ESPECIALLY after they talked big about starting to produce them over the summer. There should be more then there are.

corbin dallas
01-14-07, 11:40 AM
I really don't think Nintendo anticipated that there would be this much demand for the Wii. I would guess that Nintendo was hoping for a good share of the market but wasn't anticipating the poor launch of the PS3.
I thought I read somewhere that the Wii sold a million plus units. IMO that's a hell of a lot of consoles in roughly 2 months.

Jimmy James
01-14-07, 05:04 PM
I have a feeling that things will be a little more regular after these big next Sunday holds are done. I could be dead wrong about it, though.

sracer
01-14-07, 06:50 PM
Yep. They started out with a bang but are slowly devolving into 360 supply problems which I don't get since it is a gamecube in a new case. AND ESPECIALLY after they talked big about starting to produce them over the summer. There should be more then there are.
Are they slowly devolving or is the level of demand remaining constant or rising?

There was a fair amount of demand for the Wii on launch day... (some of us anticipated that the projections that one could waltz in mid-day on launch day and buy one were going to be incorrect)... Those of us who had launch-day Wiis demonstrated them during the Thanksgiving holiday. Between reports of campouts and sellouts, hands-on experience over T-day, and Christman shopping demand for the Wii grew.

Hands-on experience during the Christmas break had to have fueled even more demand. There are many who dismiss the value of the "Internet Channel", but I believe that is one of the features of the Wii that adds to the demand as well.

Those die-hards that just HAD TO HAVE a Wii worked all the angles at the stores, pumped anyone and everyone for information, organized and disseminated supply/delivery information. But nearly all of us now own a Wii and those that remain are more mainstream. Solid information is less available. There doesn't seem to be the coordination of effort as there was in the weeks immediately after launch.

Josh H
01-14-07, 07:45 PM
Are they slowly devolving or is the level of demand remaining constant or rising?

I think it is just devolving in a sense. They began production back in June, so they had a decent stockpile for launch. Now that they sold through all those they can't make enough to keep up with demand (which is if anything constant or down slightly now that the holidays are behind us and most of the hardcore Nintendo fans have their's).

Production capacity just isn't where it needs to be for the ongoing level of demand. But there's not much they can do as it doesn't make sense to increase capacity when demand will never be this high again. So they will just trickle them out until demand calms down to a level they can keep up with.

People that don't want to wait on 21st for one at Target or Best Buy should just hold off until late Feb or March as they should be readily available by then unless some killer game (like Metroid) comes out between now and then which doesn't appear likely.

Mines been gathering dust since I beat Zelda, and will probably continue to do so until whenever Metroid comes out, so I'd honestly advise against going through much hassle/waiting to get one right now.

Absolute Zero
01-14-07, 07:46 PM
My speculation would be that post holiday demand is more than Nintendo had expected. I think Nintendo made more shipments but with smaller quantities and now that the holidays are over, shipments are probably fewer, but with additional quantity. Nintendo seems to make sound financial decisions and the shipping theory would make sense during what is a slow buying period in general.

On a side note, I think the price of the PS3 caused more parents say "no" to their kids and then the kids turned around and asked for the Wii...which is the perfect reverse psychology to get one. I think those people who wanted a PS3, but couldn't afford it were enticed by the Wii which raised demand.

Ocelot
01-14-07, 10:33 PM
My speculation would be that post holiday demand is more than Nintendo had expected. I think Nintendo made more shipments but with smaller quantities and now that the holidays are over, shipments are probably fewer, but with additional quantity. Nintendo seems to make sound financial decisions and the shipping theory would make sense during what is a slow buying period in general.

On a side note, I think the price of the PS3 caused more parents say "no" to their kids and then the kids turned around and asked for the Wii...which is the perfect reverse psychology to get one. I think those people who wanted a PS3, but couldn't afford it were enticed by the Wii which raised demand.

Make sense, maybe that's one of the reason why i'm still wii-less. Come to think of it, i saw plenty of women in the forties buying Wiis. I don't like to generalize the type, but they don't loook like gamers to me and they don't look like they make lots of money. Still, people getting Wiis now were the ones bumping me out.

Oh, the other day while i was at CC checking wii-vability, i saw two kids got arrested for shoplifting, it was some scene... i felt bad for the kids (they were young!) but then again, they shouldn't be stealing...

maingon
01-15-07, 12:28 AM
Just image all those idiots who paid over a grand and more for their ps3 and a month later you can find them anywhere

CKMorpheus
01-15-07, 02:10 AM
I work in the media section at Best Buy, and we had a single PS3 on a table, with 44 others in the back. It didn't sell all day. We had 64 in last week. They have barely moved. They are just gathering dust. In fact, we've been getting more returns than buys per day.

illini420
01-15-07, 03:16 AM
Hands-on experience during the Christmas break had to have fueled even more demand. There are many who dismiss the value of the "Internet Channel", but I believe that is one of the features of the Wii that adds to the demand as well.

After bringing my Wii home for Christmas, both my mother and my 80+ year old grandfather are planning on each buying a Wii. My mom loves the Wii bowling and the Internet channel. My grandparents really love the Internet channel. They have trouble reading the small text on their 17 or 19 inch computer monitors, so they absolutely love the Internet via the Wii on their big screen, and they can zoom in further if that's not enough. Each feel that the Wii is worth $250 just for surfing the web alone. Now they just have to wait to find one to purchase.

illini420
01-15-07, 03:24 AM
Just image all those idiots who paid over a grand and more for their ps3 and a month later you can find them anywhere

I was one of them that paid over a grand on launch day and I don't consider myself an idiot nor do I regret the purchase. I'm just impatient and have enough disposable income to where having the PS3 two months early w/o having to wait in line for a few days was worth a few hundred bucks extra to me.

Sure if I would have waited about two months (just saw a 60GB in a store for the first time last week, still somewhat rare in the L.A. area I think) I would have saved a few hundred, but whatever. Regardless, calling people idiots for paying the then market price for something they wanted is sort of idiotic.

MasterofDVD
01-15-07, 03:26 AM
There is a kid who works for me who just doesn't get how early you still have to arrive at a store the day they are suppose to have the Wii in stock to actually get one. I feel kinda bad that playing my system has caused him to run all over the place looking for a system but if he would get up early just 1 day and wait in line for a few hours he probably could of ended his search 3 weeks ago.

illini420
01-15-07, 03:34 AM

Agreed 100%. Most familes I know, except for a few that are very wealthy and spoil their kids, spend in the range of $200-$500 on their kids for the holidays. That puts the PS3 out of reach, but leaves the Wii, Xbox, PSP, DS, iPods, etc. in the range.

To put the thread back on topic though, I've still never seen a Wii instore here in SoCal except for the one morning I got to Circuit City very early to purchase mine. That sort of blows my mind since compared to the PS3, I would imagine the Wii would be easier to manufacture to meet the demand. Unless Nintendo is intentionally rolling them out slow to avoid the perceived problem of the PS3 as people associate in-stock units with complete lack of consumer demand and interest, which I don't necessarily believe is the case.

But when I do find the Wii in stock, I'll be buying 2 more for gifts, if they actually let me purchase 2... What is the rumored best bet for finding them instore soon? Just wait for the 21st??

Ocelot
01-15-07, 10:26 AM
that's the rumor... 21st is the week of Wiis, may the Wii dwelling double so that i can finally end my Wii campaign.

On the side note, i don't think people brought the PS3 for over a grand is dumb. Actually, they know what's the market price for those. As a matter of fact, it was those people give the reason for people camping out and seeking profits. Judging from the PS3 returns and #s in th stores, you can reasonably assume people initially got them for profit. When you have cash to burn, you tend to buy times with money. If i have that luxury, i would do same. Able to play games while most others still scampling to get a console (for profit) is really something.

Lastly, i disagree with the Wii profitting scheme post, i.e. the number went down b/c not many people seeking the Wii over $300 or the $250 retail price. PEOPLE are still doing it! I did a quick search on Amazon and viola, $500 for a Wii, WTF! If i have money, i would jump on it (and people will call me an idiot), but i don't. Obviously, those people still want profit from the Wii, they don't give a damn if it doesn't sell, b/c they got the original receipt and they got 30 days to return it. I'll bet even if they do return it, they will purchase it again w/o even paying the credit card bill. *UCKing bastards...

argh923
01-15-07, 11:36 AM
It's not a rumor.

For those who - for some strange, unbeknownst reason - don't check Speedy's posts in the Bargains forum, it's been confirmed that, at the minimum, Target is advertising Wiis for 1/21. So get ready to line up on Sunday!

Ocelot
01-15-07, 01:09 PM
It's not a rumor.

For those who - for some strange, unbeknownst reason - don't check Speedy's posts in the Bargains forum, it's been confirmed that, at the minimum, Target is advertising Wiis for 1/21. So get ready to line up on Sunday!

Errr, i saw Speedy's post, but still you'll need keep fingers crossed. It's a confirmed rumor, but not necessarily will land you a Wii even if you get up early :) I guess it has to do with how the local Targets stock the Wiis, if people ask about it this week, they probably sold out by 21th. Trust me, every freaking times i go there on errands i ask and "no, sold out."

Michael Corvin
01-15-07, 01:52 PM
So I noticed, courtesy of Speedy that Red Steel is $30 this week at CC. Anyone here think it is worth that? Or should I hold out for a sale on Excite Truck? I'm itching for a new game, and skipping on Wario Ware right now.

Josh H
01-15-07, 01:58 PM
Rayman is $30 as well.

From reviews, Red Steel doesn't appear to be worth any money period. But some here liked it and would disagree.

Jadzia
01-15-07, 02:02 PM
I am still Wii-less. I really want one but haven't wanted one enough to sit out and wait or pay e-Bay prices. My husband is more of an early bird so he said he'd go out on the 21st and try and get me one. There is a Target and a Best Buy across the street from each other so maybe he could get one between the 2 of them.

So, how early does one need to be there? I know before the holidays it was crazy, like 5 am, but do you all think that is still the case? I would think the desperate moms trying to get one for Xmas are now out of the picture unless they gave their kid an IOU.

Josh H
01-15-07, 02:07 PM
I would say at least 2 to 3 hours before opening to get one.

Maybe more but I don't see the point in waiting much longer given that they should start becoming more readily available over the next month or two. (i.e. it was more worth it in Nov/Dec when it was clear they wouldn't be readily available for 3 or 4 months, not so much now that it is getting closer).

argh923
01-15-07, 02:08 PM
Alright, people....the 21st is your next good shot.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7575631&postcount=22

Speedy's confirmed that Target, Best Buy, AND Circuit City are all advertising Wiis for this Sunday. Get up bright and early...my personal suggestion would be 4AM.

Also, nobody's going to sell out BY the 21st. They're advertising them FOR the 21st, which means they have to be in stock on the 21st, at least when the store opens.

Demontooth
01-15-07, 03:58 PM
Rayman is $30 as well.

From reviews, Red Steel doesn't appear to be worth any money period. But some here liked it and would disagree.

Red Steel is not worth the money period. We opened it and played it Saturday night, it was out of the Wii under 5 minutes. It's a dookie.

Deftones
01-15-07, 04:16 PM
So, had to go Best Buy to return something. Same one I posted where they had a stack of PS3s this past weekend. They are still there. Maybe less than half gone. :lol:

Mhepburn20
01-15-07, 04:29 PM
Those of you waiting for the 21st to grab a Wii should also consider getting extra wii remotes/nunchucks now. I recently grabbed a wii and it took going to over 15 stores to get a complete set of wii remotes and nunchucks. So most stores seem to be very light on the accessories still.

maingon
01-15-07, 04:30 PM
I went to Best Buy Saturday morning and they had 2 ps3's 20gig with the Will Ferrel Movie Werent these with the first 200,000?

It seems that the next shipment for the Wii's is the 21st

lotsofdvds
01-15-07, 04:45 PM
Got my Circuitcity.com Wii today! Yay!

This one's going to my girlfriend though, as I originally bought her the bundle from EBGames. Since they still haven't shipped that one, she gets this bonus one I scored.

Might go pick up Rayman also, since it's only $30 at CC.

Adam Tyner
01-15-07, 05:22 PM
Got my Circuitcity.com Wii today! Yay!Drat! Mine still hasn't shipped. Guess I should've opted for the not-free shipping. Everything shipped today except the console.

(Edit: Actually, my console is marked as having shipped. Hurray!)

Might go pick up Rayman also, since it's only $30 at CC.Wow. That's a pretty impressive deal. Unfortunately, it's not available online, and none of the closest stores have it available. Actually, I plugged in the zips of a couple of relatives on opposite sides of the country, and no dice there either. Oh well.

lotsofdvds
01-15-07, 05:37 PM
Wow. That's a pretty impressive deal. Unfortunately, it's not available online, and none of the closest stores have it available. Actually, I plugged in the zips of a couple of relatives on opposite sides of the country, and no dice there either. Oh well.
Yeah I don't see it in stock anywhere either. I'll price match it at Best Buy.

Absolute Zero
01-15-07, 06:04 PM
On launch day, my girlfriend went out to best buy an hour before opening (when they said they would hand out tickets) and she was able to get one...albiet the third to last one. This was in Auburn Hills, MI. I would reccomend going to Best Buy first and see if you get a ticket. If not, then I would reccomend Target and Circuit City last. Good luck to all of you on Sunday morning.

Josh H
01-15-07, 06:53 PM
Yeah I don't see it in stock anywhere either. I'll price match it at Best Buy.

That can be YMMV if the CS rep is a stickler for rules and actually calls the local CC to see if they have it in stock.

illini420
01-15-07, 09:54 PM
So I noticed, courtesy of Speedy that Red Steel is $30 this week at CC. Anyone here think it is worth that? Or should I hold out for a sale on Excite Truck? I'm itching for a new game, and skipping on Wario Ware right now.

I like Excite Truck way better than Red Steel, I'd try Red Steel for $20, I'd guess it'll be at that price in a couple of months. The controls on Red Steel can be awkward, and the story mode is just ok. The two player can be fun though. Excite truck just rocks, especially since you can play your own MP3s off an SD card while racing.

silentbob007
01-16-07, 12:53 AM
I was looking for a nunchuck today and came up empty ... however, all of the stores I visited (BB, CC, Walmart) had signs that said NO WIIs! (though there were plenty of ps3s in stock).

Brent L
01-16-07, 01:11 AM
Red Steel is not worth the money period. We opened it and played it Saturday night, it was out of the Wii under 5 minutes. It's a dookie.

I disagree. It's not a great game, but it's fun once you get into it and actually learn how to play it. I hated it more than any game I can remember when I first tried it, but it was the first Wii game that I tried when I got my console home, and I had no clue what to do.

I do admit that it's not perfect, or even close to perfect, and yes it does look pretty bad. It's not pure shit though, there are a lot worse games out there than Red Steel. I say give it a shot, but understand going in that you need to give it time to get the hang of it, and know that it totally does NOT look that great in terms of graphics.

That can be YMMV if the CS rep is a stickler for rules and actually calls the local CC to see if they have it in stock.

Then go to a Walmart to price match it. I've never done a price match and had the person actually call the other store. It's easy to do a price match at Walmart...almost too easy.

Also, a bit of advice for those of you who need a Wii. It might seem like common sense, but here it goes anyway. If you go to a Walmart and don't see any Wiis on the shelf, ask a few people if they have any in the back. I've only seen them in the game case once, but they had JUST put them out. All of the other times that I know that a Walmart store actually had them in stock, they were keeping them in the back and only offering them to people who specifically asked for one. I suppose it's to keep a mad rush from taking place or something.

Josh H
01-16-07, 10:27 AM
I do admit that it's not perfect, or even close to perfect, and yes it does look pretty bad. It's not pure shit though, there are a lot worse games out there than Red Steel. I say give it a shot, but understand going in that you need to give it time to get the hang of it, and know that it totally does NOT look that great in terms of graphics.

That's not enough to get me to even rent it as I'm making a strong effort to only spend time, and especially money, on AAA titles from now on.

KurrptSenate
01-16-07, 10:33 AM
i have 12 Wii games right now, and I'd say Red Steel is easily in my top 5. I like it much better than Zelda even :/

gimmepilotwings
01-16-07, 10:36 AM
i have 12 Wii games right now, and I'd say Red Steel is easily in my top 5. I like it much better than Zelda even :/

Wow.

I rented Red Steel and Trauma Center, and Red Steel is a "rent me" type game. No way is it better than Zelda IMO.

Trauma Center is much better, but I do agree with your assessment about the replay factor.

KurrptSenate
01-16-07, 10:41 AM
Zelda rates pretty far down on my list tbh. It really had no reason to be released for the Wii, since the controls weren't Wii-worthy, nor did the game have anything new to offer that its previous title didn't cover. It didn't help that Wii Sports looks better.

RichC2
01-16-07, 10:46 AM
Zelda started off terribly, but became an excellent, beautiful game later on. I am sick of those damn town segments :(.

Red Steel is definitely a rent me, my buddy bought it and is absolutely pissed heh.

Trauma Center is a blast, and it becomes quite frantic later on, but agreeably it needs a puzzle mode.

KurrptSenate
01-16-07, 10:50 AM
out of those mentioned...

trauma center would be the "rent me" title, considering you can complete the game in under 2 hours

Josh H
01-16-07, 10:55 AM
To get back on topic, from Speedy's ad threads in DVD Bargains, Circuit City, Best Buy and Target are all confirmed to have Wii's this Sunday--1/21.

Best Buy is advertising a minimum of 20.
Circuit City a minimum of 9.
Target ad doesn't have an amount listed in his post.

gimmepilotwings
01-16-07, 11:18 AM
out of those mentioned...

trauma center would be the "rent me" title, considering you can complete the game in under 2 hours

I don't mind the "rent me" recommendation on Trauma Center either, because of the replay factor.

It is still a great game.

KurrptSenate
01-16-07, 11:20 AM
eh, i have all three so its really a non-issue for me, personally.

I liked the DS version as well

dick_grayson
01-16-07, 11:43 AM
I've been playing Excite Truck for the past week or so. Sports and Zelda are gathering dust.

KurrptSenate
01-16-07, 11:45 AM
Im thinking i should have gotten that title, as opposed to rappala fishing :/

Ocelot
01-16-07, 05:32 PM
Saw few Wiis at the Metropolitan TRU, NYC... there's a sign at the TRU saying they got Wiis, but at bundle prices, $275... Which consists of the Wii and service protection plan. Anyhow, i asked if i can purchase w/o the plan, the cashier asked the manager and the manager said okay. However, i didn't get it... because the 10% TRU Ccard doesn't work on hardwares.

No Wiis at Targets and CCs so far... But the CC at Union Sq said check tomorrow (yeah right).