DVD Talk
ABC considers asking "LOST" producers to cut 13-week hiatus short ... [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : ABC considers asking "LOST" producers to cut 13-week hiatus short ...

hardercore
12-19-06, 03:41 PM
"LOST" to Return Early? (http://duggmirror.com/television/LOST_Hiatus_To_be_Cut_Short/)

Discuss.

cdollaz
12-19-06, 03:44 PM
If they would play the remaining episodes straight thru with no repeats, then good. If not, then bad.

Patman
12-19-06, 03:53 PM
But there's no way ABC is not going to show Lost episode in May sweeps, so there will be 2-3 weeks were the show will go on mini-hiatus or have reruns shown.

Kevin M. Dean
12-19-06, 04:29 PM
Maybe they should of just renewed Invasion from last year. That show was just starting to take off in my opinion.

SunMonkey
12-19-06, 04:52 PM
I just want them to move the show back to 9 pm....

nateman
12-19-06, 05:09 PM
i just want the show to stop dragging out storylines, through there is alot of "flashbacks" i really find them to be time consuming and very annoying. lets either show them getting killed or show them somehow getting off the island.

Cardiff Giant11
12-19-06, 05:12 PM
agreed. I was still slightly angry that it was moved from 8pm to 9pm but oh well.

Mr. Salty
12-19-06, 05:31 PM
lets either show them getting killed or show them somehow getting off the island.
So you want, what, one more episode and then end the show?

hardercore
12-19-06, 05:31 PM
i just want the show to stop dragging out storylines, through there is alot of "flashbacks" i really find them to be time consuming and very annoying. lets either show them getting killed or show them somehow getting off the island.
You incredibly -- and almost entirely -- miss the point of LOST.

TheMovieman
12-19-06, 06:05 PM

Yeah, keep it at 9pm and get squashed by both Criminal Minds and American Idol... I mean, CM was already giving a run for its money before, what's going to happen when AI comes into play? I highly doubt it'll take much away from CM's audience.

whotony
12-19-06, 06:34 PM
You incredibly -- and almost entirely -- miss the point of LOST.
what is the point of LOST

JB7
12-19-06, 06:35 PM
Maybe they should of just renewed Invasion from last year. That show was just starting to take off in my opinion.

or Alias and put it in a better time slot.

hardercore
12-19-06, 06:41 PM

Without trying to sound like someone "in the loop", I'm pretty sure the producers in charge of LOST would like compel viewers with mystery and intrigue, at the same time offering character development through backstories. It's just a guess, though. I don't know for sure that's what they're trying to do.

dolphinboy
12-19-06, 07:25 PM
or Alias and put it in a better time slot.

No, but with JJ involved, I'm sure if they're in a pinch, they could get Felicity back on network tv!

treszoks
12-19-06, 07:25 PM
While I would like to have it back early, I don't want them to have off-weeks in order to have episodes for May sweeps. They already promised the fans no repeats. Maybe they could add on some more episodes.

dolphinboy
12-19-06, 07:30 PM
Or couldn't they just install "spy" cams all over Evangeline Lily's house and air 1 hour of clips of her showering, go to the toilet (Borat would be happy), walking around naked, swimming in her pool naked, eating naked, etc?

resinrats
12-19-06, 07:50 PM
At least cut back on flashbacks or have them be acually needed info (AKA: Why was Lock in a wheelchair). Several this season were pointless and were not needed info.

Charlie Goose
12-19-06, 08:15 PM
Or couldn't they just install "spy" cams all over Evangeline Lily's house and air 1 hour of clips of her showering, go to the toilet (Borat would be happy), walking around naked, swimming in her pool naked, eating naked, etc?
Or being eaten naked.

hardercore
12-19-06, 08:30 PM
She's winning by a landslide margin on TV.com's poll: 2006's Hottest Actress on TV (http://duggmirror.com/television/LOST_Hiatus_To_be_Cut_Short/)

Jimmy James
12-19-06, 08:43 PM
While I am fine with ABC doing whatever it likes (and me making a decision whether or not to continue watching the show), I think the only way you bring the show back early is if you can beg another couple of episodes this season out of the producers.

If they stick with 6/16 next season, I would strongly suggest to them that they find a way to spin off a character or two from the show (perhaps Michael and Walt) and greenlight a miniseries about those characters made by a different set of writers and crew. Air that in the LOST hiatus.

Michael T Hudson
12-19-06, 08:49 PM

That everything is going to change. ;)

Michael Corvin
12-19-06, 08:58 PM
While I am fine with ABC doing whatever it likes (and me making a decision whether or not to continue watching the show), I think the only way you bring the show back early is if you can beg another couple of episodes this season out of the producers.

If they stick with 6/16 next season, I would strongly suggest to them that they find a way to spin off a character or two from the show (perhaps Michael and Walt) and greenlight a miniseries about those characters made by a different set of writers and crew. Air that in the LOST hiatus.

I can wait. I wanted them to hold them all until Jan. ala 24. If it comes back early, I'd like to see a couple bonus episodes so we don't get reruns. I bet this pretty much guarantees us 1 clip show a week before the Jan. premier.

Jimmie James, you may be on to something. Maybe not necessarily spin off current characters(especially Mike & Walt-good riddance), but they could easily delve into the other 30+ survivors of the group. It's bad enough that Jack/Kate/Sawyer has eaten up 6 episodes of the season already, I'm ready to see some of the rest of the cast for a change. Doing a mini-series based off of new characters inbetween the breaks would be great.

dolphinboy
12-19-06, 09:06 PM
Or being eaten naked.

by me??

Jimmy James
12-19-06, 09:24 PM
I can wait. I wanted them to hold them all until Jan. ala 24. If it comes back early, I'd like to see a couple bonus episodes so we don't get reruns. I bet this pretty much guarantees us 1 clip show a week before the Jan. premier.

Jimmie James, you may be on to something. Maybe not necessarily spin off current characters(especially Mike & Walt-good riddance), but they could easily delve into the other 30+ survivors of the group. It's bad enough that Jack/Kate/Sawyer has eaten up 6 episodes of the season already, I'm ready to see some of the rest of the cast for a change. Doing a mini-series based off of new characters inbetween the breaks would be great.

I don't think you can shoot on a location like the island cheaply enough to be able to do what you're suggesting. I think they have to develop characters in the non-island world so they can do the show for a price that makes sense for a miniseries. If not Michael, perhaps do one about a character or two from the flashbacks.

ChrisHicks
12-19-06, 11:33 PM

to make sure the viewers fully understand the title of the show.

whotony
12-19-06, 11:57 PM
to make sure the viewers fully understand the title of the show.

over my head

:hscratch:

Heat
12-20-06, 12:02 AM
So, Daybreak is officially gone? I saw the first episode and gave up on it.

DJariya
12-20-06, 12:37 AM
There is no way ABC will run 16 episodes non-stop starting in January. Lost's season will be over by the end of April.

With Day Break's failure, I doubt any network will want to air any new unproven shows during the November-January period. I will fully expect to see 1-2 episodes of a current show and lots of repeats.

johnnysd
12-20-06, 10:49 AM

I hope I never see Michael or Walt again. They were the worst part of the series.

ChrisHicks
12-20-06, 10:52 AM
over my head

:hscratch:

everyone I know who watches the show is completely "Lost" as to what is going on with the 1 million questions and the 1 answer.

Shannon Nutt
12-20-06, 11:08 AM
They should just start showing repeats of the first part of the season now, and then viewers can both catch-up on what they may have missed, and ABC will be able to run the ENTIRE season with no breaks.

Giles
12-20-06, 12:08 PM

I agree, I'm finding 'Lost' getting very repetitive and old.

I hope I never see Michael or Walt again. They were the worst part of the series.

their story was grating to say the least.

rfduncan
12-20-06, 01:07 PM
They should just start showing repeats of the first part of the season now, and then viewers can both catch-up on what they may have missed, and ABC will be able to run the ENTIRE season with no breaks.
This would make entirely too much sense. Anyone who wanted to join the current season but didn't have time to get caught up on last season on DVD before this season started could join in. THAT would make advertisers even more happy!

The cost for beefing up LOST's post production temporarily seems well worth saving some face with a jaded fan base.
Like these "jaded fans" aren't going to watch if they have to wait until March? Frankly, knowing it would be on EVERY Wednesday from that point until the end of the season is a big plus to me. No confusion about missing one because they skipped random weeks in the middle.

Michael Corvin
12-20-06, 02:51 PM

To be fair, they weren't so bad before they were seperated. It was actually interesting seeing a dad trying to connect with his son whom he hadn't seen in 9 years, and instead seeing him bond with Locke.

Fact is they couldn't keep a kid on the show because of the shows timeframe and the actor aging. Once they seperated them, they became the most annoying part of the show however.

cracksky
12-20-06, 02:55 PM
I'm sure Michael and/or Walt are coming back in some shape or form in the future to the show. If only in flashbacks but probably in present day as well.

PalmerJoss
12-20-06, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=Giles]I agree, I'm finding 'Lost' getting very repetitive and old.QUOTE]

I completely agree. I have been a staunch supporter of Lost since it began airing, but the series has gone nowhere since the S2 finale. Meanwhile, newer shows like Heroes have come out and have shown how to properly do an episodic series that has many questions/mysteries, without alienating your audience by raising 20 questions one episode and answering maybe 2 of those the rest of the season.

I can only think that the move to 10pm will cut the audience for Lost even further. I'm guessing that the show will not last however long it was projected(5 years? 7?). I'd guess that the writers will have to start answering some of the BIG questions, and soon, lest the viewing audience just give up on the show entirely.

dvd182
12-20-06, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=Giles]I agree, I'm finding 'Lost' getting very repetitive and old.QUOTE]

I completely agree. I have been a staunch supporter of Lost since it began airing, but the series has gone nowhere since the S2 finale. Meanwhile, newer shows like Heroes have come out and have shown how to properly do an episodic series that has many questions/mysteries, without alienating your audience by raising 20 questions one episode and answering maybe 2 of those the rest of the season.

Let's be realistic. Heroes has had what, 11 episodes, and Lost has had like 50. I also don't think it has answered as much as people think it has, but that's just my opinion.

Start soapbox...
People just need to stfu up about Lost. The show's format should be well known to just about everyone by now, and if you didn't think the mysteries would be long and drawn out you must have missed that this was a JJ Abrahms creation.

The 24 threads became infintely better once people stopped whining about the plot and predictability and just watched the damn thing; I wish the same could happen here.
...end soapbox.

mrpayroll
12-20-06, 05:35 PM
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Dec/20/br/br9371206485.html

Updated at 11:44 a.m., Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Fire destroys Kailua home of 'Lost' actress Lilly

By Dave Dondoneau and Mary Kaye Ritz
Advertiser Staff Writers

The Kailua home that "Lost" actress Evangeline Lilly rents with two other women was engulfed in flames this morning and appears to be total loss.

Five fire trucks responded to the call around 6:45 a.m. Neighbors said the fire started at least by 6:30 and quickly spread. There was nobody home at the time. "Lost" was filming at a Waialua Beach this morning and one of Lilly's roommates who works on the set returned home after the fire was out.

She declined comment.

The early-morning fire at 684 Iana St. in Kailua brought quick response from neighbors, many who said they heard "popping" noises as the fire raged.

"I woke up to my dogs barking," said Morgan Janus, a neighbor who lives across the street. "There were loud popping sounds, like something electrical."

Janus said by the time she got outside, firefighters had already been called and were on the scene within 20 minutes.

By 7 a.m. the fire was doused and soon after firefighters were able to enter the home. Part of the problem slowing the firefighters were the bars on the house's windows. Firefighters had to cut through the bars in order to get inside to check if anyone was home.

Nobody was, said fire department captain Kenison Tejada.

Jorge Duarte, a neighbor who lives across the street, was the first on the scene. He said when he saw the flames he ran across the street and broke the glass at the front door hoping to help anyone who may have been trapped inside.

However, when he broke the glass "smoke poured out," so he said he knew he couldn't go inside. He grabbed a hose and started to hose down the home and surrounding area until the fire department arrived.

Another neighbor, Jill Turner a former firefighter said she was in bed when she heard the popping.

When she got to the home smoke was pouring out, so she covered her mouth with her sweatshirt and started spraying water on the back and surrounding areas.

She said she heard popping glass.

"It was bad pretty quickly," she said.

Another neighbor who helped was Dian Grant.

"I was wrapping Christmas presents. I thought it was someone throwing packages through that window (by her house)."

Grant said when she saw the flames, she went outside and grabbed a hose to water down the house. She only left it to bang on the window of her own home where her 19-year-old grandson was staying.

The cast of "Lost" was scheduled to break for Christmas tomorrow.

Chris

bboisvert
12-20-06, 06:13 PM
I have been a staunch supporter of Lost since it began airing, but the series has gone nowhere since the S2 finale.

I would argue that it's even worse than that... instead of going nowhere, they've actually gone backwards in terms of progress.

A large part of Season 2 was the introduction of the 'tailies' and their backstories. Now, they're basically all dead. What was the point of that, exactly? It's almost like half the episodes now have been wasted on characters that don't play into the overall story any more.

hardercore
12-20-06, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=PalmerJoss]

Let's be realistic. Heroes has had what, 11 episodes, and Lost has had like 50. I also don't think it has answered as much as people think it has, but that's just my opinion.

Start soapbox...
People just need to stfu up about Lost. The show's format should be well known to just about everyone by now, and if you didn't think the mysteries would be long and drawn out you must have missed that this was a JJ Abrahms creation.

The 24 threads became infintely better once people stopped whining about the plot and predictability and just watched the damn thing; I wish the same could happen here.
...end soapbox.
Well said.

dolphinboy
12-20-06, 07:56 PM
I hope Evangeline and her roomies didn't have any pets.

There goes my 24/7 Evan-cam idea. :(

PalmerJoss
12-20-06, 07:58 PM
I would argue that it's even worse than that... instead of going nowhere, they've actually gone backwards in terms of progress.

A large part of Season 2 was the introduction of the 'tailies' and their backstories. Now, they're basically all dead. What was the point of that, exactly? It's almost like half the episodes now have been wasted on characters that don't play into the overall story any more.

I agree with you 100%, but if you've seen the American Express "Lost Moments" you know that Cindy from the tail section is alive and well and apparently living comfortably with the Others.

At least not ALL of the tailies were a total waste of airtime.

Start soapbox...

I know the format of Lost well, otherwise I wouldn't have watched it up until this point. JJ Abrams' previous show Alias was the exact same format, and look what happened to it after the second season. The plots got more and more outrageous, more and more questions were raised and not answered until very late in the game, and all the while ratings were in a decline up until the show wrapped. Sound familiar?

Also, keep in mind that JJ Abrams left Lost after the first season to work on MI:III. Even after wrapping the movie he still hasn't done much with the show other than writing the S3 opener, and I believe that it shows. Look at the quality of the show when he was actively working on it, and afterwards when he went to work on MI:III. And now with him working on the next Trek film, I don't think we'll see much involvement from him on the show which is truly a shame.

Here's the thing, though - I really like Lost. I hope that the show can get turned around and get back on track quickly, but I don't have high hopes. I hope I'm proven wrong.

hardercore
12-20-06, 08:38 PM
To be proven wrong, you'd need to be right in the first place. kthxbye.

riley_dude
12-20-06, 10:26 PM
ABC wants them to drag it out but I think it may backfire on them.

Scott27
12-20-06, 10:58 PM
Looks like it's not going to restart earlier than planned (at least not new episodes). ABC sent out episodic information today for the February episodes, and it's coming back Feb. 7, as previously announced. But they have added a highlight/recap show (surprise!) at 9pm on the 7th before the new episode at 10.

Jimmy James
12-21-06, 12:09 AM
Isn't complaining that the show has gone nowhere since the S2 finale just a bit ridiculous? It has been 6 episodes, and the story has certainly changed in those 6 episodes. A lot hinges on the back 16 if you ask me. If we're in a similar place to where we are now at that point, perhaps it's time to start complaining. If things get going in those 16, I don't see the problem. I just think people are pissed for two reasons:

- They don't like the biggest thing to happen so far in S3
- They wanted more than 6 crummy episodes so far

I don't think the big event in S3 so far negates the season 2 tailies progress at all. Without the tailies story, you don't get Henry Gale.

hardercore
12-21-06, 12:30 AM
Looks like it's not going to restart earlier than planned (at least not new episodes). ABC sent out episodic information today for the February episodes, and it's coming back Feb. 7, as previously announced. But they have added a highlight/recap show (surprise!) at 9pm on the 7th before the new episode at 10.

Got a link to that episodic information? I'm guessing you mean episode descriptions and official airdates, right -- I'll take anything I can on upcoming episodes

Michael Corvin
12-21-06, 07:53 AM
I can only think that the move to 10pm will cut the audience for Lost even further. I'm guessing that the show will not last however long it was projected(5 years? 7?). I'd guess that the writers will have to start answering some of the BIG questions, and soon, lest the viewing audience just give up on the show entirely.

I think continually losing audience share is a good thing for diehard fans. It means the show won't drag on endlessly and they will get to wrap it all up.

We've still got Bernard! :up: Completely intigral to the scope of things.

PalmerJoss
12-21-06, 08:19 AM
I'm not sure how many comic book fans read this thread, but I just found out that (IMO) the best writer working in comics, Brian K. Vaughan, has been hired as an executive story editor on the show. Now, anyone who knows his work on books like Ex Machina or Y: The Last Man knows that he is a master at handling many plots and subplots, and knows how to dole out the info to satisfy fans. This could definitely be a step in the right direction for the show.

Here's the Link (http://bkv.tv/pages/blog/2006/12/lost-putting-tv-back-in-bkvtv.html) to his blog where he talks about it a bit.

Scott27
12-21-06, 10:29 AM
Got a link to that episodic information? I'm guessing you mean episode descriptions and official airdates, right -- I'll take anything I can on upcoming episodes
I don't have a link. I get the information directly from the network at my job.

vududaddi
12-21-06, 10:45 AM
Brian K. Vaughan, has been hired as an executive story editor on the show.
... and I'm right back to being excited about LOST. :)

FantasticVSDoom
12-21-06, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure how many comic book fans read this thread, but I just found out that (IMO) the best writer working in comics, Brian K. Vaughan, has been hired as an executive story editor on the show. Now, anyone who knows his work on books like Ex Machina or Y: The Last Man knows that he is a master at handling many plots and subplots, and knows how to dole out the info to satisfy fans. This could definitely be a step in the right direction for the show.

Here's the Link (http://bkv.tv/pages/blog/2006/12/lost-putting-tv-back-in-bkvtv.html) to his blog where he talks about it a bit.
Yeah I heard this on Ron and Fez...Maybe I should start watching Lost now.

dhmac
12-21-06, 11:37 AM

A large part of Season 2 was the introduction of the 'tailies' and their backstories. Now, they're basically all dead. What was the point of that, exactly? It's almost like half the episodes now have been wasted on characters that don't play into the overall story any more.Well...The now-dead tailies could still factor in via flashbacks. Plus there's the whole group of "safe" tailies that The Others abducted, so they could start showing up on future episodes.

riley_dude
12-21-06, 12:52 PM
I have never heard of Brian K. Vaughan but I will take your word for it.
Keep this in mind though, just because they have good writers doesn't mean that things will move faster. As David Fury said, ABC wanted the slowness not the writers.

hardercore
12-21-06, 06:40 PM
i didn't miss the point of lost i just think they should speed it up. if you want the show to go on for 8 seasons you must love dragged out storylines.
And where, nateman two-four-one, did I imply that I would like the show to go on for 8 seasons? I'm of the opinion it should finish next season, or Season 5. But it's not up to me.

nateman
12-21-06, 06:50 PM
And where, nateman two-four-one, did I imply that I would like the show to go on for 8 seasons? I'm of the opinion it should finish next season, or Season 5. But it's not up to me.

i didn't say stop the right now i want the show to finish off the season and it could go on to season 5 like you said but i just hope the storylines get us somewere a bit faster, but saying i missed the point of lost completely is not true.
so will leave it at that the show is good but the storylines need to progress.
i can't wait for the show to return but i want it to be very entertaining, the flashbacks especially with jin are not that entertaining to me you may love the flashbacks but im not a big fan of them sometimes.

cracksky
12-21-06, 10:05 PM
the flashbacks especially with jin are not that entertaining to me you may love the flashbacks but im not a big fan of them sometimes.

I can't say this enough: if you remove the flashbacks from LOST, this show does not exist. Period. The entire basis of its existence depends upon them. The show is character-based and the flashbacks build character development. If all we knew about these people were what we learned about them post-crash in present day on the island, this show would not be very popular. It's sucessful because of the flashbacks.

Personally, the Jin/Sun storyline has been a favorite of mine. I especially liked their first meeting. It was beautifully shot and edited.

nateman
12-22-06, 01:01 AM
I can't say this enough: if you remove the flashbacks from LOST, this show does not exist. Period. The entire basis of its existence depends upon them. The show is character-based and the flashbacks build character development. If all we knew about these people were what we learned about them post-crash in present day on the island, this show would not be very popular. It's sucessful because of the flashbacks.

Personally, the Jin/Sun storyline has been a favorite of mine. I especially liked their first meeting. It was beautifully shot and edited.

who said remove the flashbacks i didn't i just said some of them can be a little annoying especially when so much intresting stuff is going on the island.
i respect you liking the jin/sun storyline they were shot nice but they just don't hold as much intrest as the other flashbacks do.

Michael Corvin
12-22-06, 06:39 AM
the flashbacks especially with jin are not that entertaining to me you may love the flashbacks but im not a big fan of them sometimes.

I think the Jin/Sun storyline is the best one on the show. With Sayid coming in second.

rfduncan
12-22-06, 08:23 AM
who said remove the flashbacks i didn't i just said some of them can be a little annoying especially when so much intresting stuff is going on the island.
Tell ya what... how about you stop watching the show and rent it on DVD next September. Then you can skip through all the flashbacks, and we don't have to listen to your incessant whining about them. It's a win-win really.

nateman
12-22-06, 04:39 PM
Tell ya what... how about you stop watching the show and rent it on DVD next September. Then you can skip through all the flashbacks, and we don't have to listen to your incessant whining about them. It's a win-win really.

apperently you don't read things all the way through cause i didn't say remove the flashbacks i just said they are and really pay attention here im gonna put it in bold this time so you can't miss it SOMETIMES!!!! they can be a little annoying. i dont skip through anything i watch the show all the way through but, well here ill state it in simpler terms for you.....
I ENJOY THE STUFF THAT GOES ON THE ISLAND BETTER THAN WHAT GOES ON IN THE FLASHBACKS, YES ILL AGREE THAT THE FLASHBACKS HAVE A BIG PART IN THE CHARACTER DELOPMENT.
i own the first 2 seasons on dvd i love the show i was stating at the very beginning of this thread i just wish the storylines whould progress a bit more.

Big Boy Laroux
12-22-06, 06:48 PM
I think he should save the money he might have put toward the DVDs... and take a typing/grammar lesson instead.

hardercore
12-22-06, 07:35 PM
apperently you don't read things all the way through cause i didn't say remove the flashbacks i just said they are and really pay attention here im gonna put it in bold this time so you can't miss it SOMETIMES!!!! they can be a little annoying. i dont skip through anything i watch the show all the way through but, well here ill state it in simpler terms for you.....
I ENJOY THE STUFF THAT GOES ON THE ISLAND BETTER THAN WHAT GOES ON IN THE FLASHBACKS, YES ILL AGREE THAT THE FLASHBACKS HAVE A BIG PART IN THE CHARACTER DELOPMENT.
i own the first 2 seasons on dvd i love the show i was stating at the very beginning of this thread i just wish the storylines whould progress a bit more.
"Apparently, you don't read things all the way through. Because I didn't say that they should "remove the flashbacks", I just said that [the flashbacks] are - and really pay attention here, I'm going to put it in bold this time so you can't miss it - SOMETIMES a little annoying.

I don't skip through anything, I watch the show all the way through, but - well, I'll state it in simpler terms for you:

I ENJOY THE STUFF THAT GOES ON THE ISLAND MORE THAN WHAT GOES ON IN THE FLASHBACKS. YES, I'LL AGREE THAT THE FLASHBACKS HAVE A BIG PART IN THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

I own the first 2 seasons on DVD. I love the show, but I was stating at the very beginning of this thread that I just wish the storylines would progress a bit more."

Fixed.

nateman
12-22-06, 09:37 PM
I think he should save the money he might have put toward the DVDs... and take a typing/grammar lesson instead.

lol, sorry i was in a hurry when writing that statement. next time ill make sure that i am %100 accurate with every word i type.
i know how to spell.

nateman
12-22-06, 10:15 PM
this is the last thing i am going to post about this subject cause there are alot of great lost fans here and like every aspect of the show so all i am saying is will just have to see how the next part of the season goes. as far as saying i need grammer lessons that has nothing to do with this thread.

hardercore
12-22-06, 10:26 PM
this is the last thing i am going to post about this subject cause there are alot of great lost fans here and like every aspect of the show so all i am saying is will just have to see how the next part of the season goes. as far as saying i need grammer lessons that has nothing to do with this thread.

Funny you mention that, because as the thread starter and as far as I recall, shitting on LOST - flashbacks, current island storyline or other - was not the point of this thread either.

nateman
12-22-06, 10:36 PM
Funny you mention that, because as the thread starter and as far as I recall, shitting on LOST - flashbacks, current island storyline or other - was not the point of this thread either.

i wasn't shitting on lost i like the show. i never said the show was bad in any way at all.

Big Boy Laroux
12-22-06, 10:44 PM
Glad to see that you'll be percent one hundred accurate.

And not to derail this any further, but spelling is not the problem. That's why I said "typing/grammar".

nateman
12-22-06, 10:46 PM

this was my original post, now if it sounded like i was shitting on lost i am sorry but i didn't think i was. a few other people agreed that the storylines needed to progress a bit more and that some of the flashbacks are pointless. i didn't say they sucked or were the worst thing ever.
you know maybe i was a little harsh on the flashbacks ok fine ill admit it. as regards to the spelling it has nothing to do with lost at all thats all im saying. i love the show i dont want to shit on it at all and i didn't mean to if you think i did.

nateman
12-22-06, 10:49 PM
Glad to see that you'll be percent one hundred accurate.

And not to derail this any further, but spelling is not the problem. That's why I said "typing/grammar".

sorry about that, no hard fellings?

hardercore
12-22-06, 11:14 PM
So - the question was posed to one of the LOST staff, who chalked it up as just a rumour after all, and that ABC has no intentions to cut LOST's hiatus short.

nateman
12-23-06, 12:42 AM
So - the question was posed to one of the LOST staff, who chalked it up as just a rumour after all, and that ABC has no intentions to cut LOST's hiatus short.

oh wow that does suck i would have actually liked the show to come back sooner.
i don't like these long breaks between programs.
i wonder if this going to change they way tv with all the shows going to have these "fall finales" and not come back till feb or after.
probally not cause alot of shows have christmas episodes.

cracksky
12-23-06, 03:33 PM
some of the flashbacks are pointless.

Everything that happens in the flashbacks, has meaning, although it might not be apparent for weeks or months as the episodes play out.

nateman
12-24-06, 12:19 AM
Everything that happens in the flashbacks, has meaning, although it might not be apparent for weeks or months as the episodes play out.

i agree that it some of the flashbacks have meaning and your right it might not be apparent for weeks or months as the episodes play out.