Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Sacred Heck outta me-Got Note Cancelled Item From $300 order from vstore.com (DDD ?)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Sacred Heck outta me-Got Note Cancelled Item From $300 order from vstore.com (DDD ?)

Old 12-17-06, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just opened e-mail and saw this note about an order cancellation for a DVD and that my credit card was to be credited back. The order date was 11/20/2005 and the order total that the DVD came from was over $300.

Sacred the heck outta me as to: was I ID thefted !!!!

I went to the site and got a "not found" message, which really sent shivers down my spine (a spoof!!! ) Anyway Google came thru and they are a storefront or will host you and take care all the setup, etc. Found them under spamstore.ca adn vstore.co.uk. Atleast I was a little more relieved.

Then I remembered the DVD was one I ordered from DDD (Deep Discount DVD) and that was the time of their "unmentionable until its time" sale. I am sometimes a packrat with receipts email and paper, so I checked. Unfortunately I had just cleaned out my e-mail, getting too full (now they upped it ) and I deleted all those old receipts and confirmations. But I did find my paper copy and lo and behold the order amount seemed to be right and the old expedited shipping cost of $4.95 was there as well as in the e-mail.

So it seems that maybe DDD uses vstore for some of their processing ??? or hosting ???

In the end, I am relieved and SHOCKED that they kept the backorder open so long, or just cleaning house finally.
Old 12-17-06, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I doubt it had anything to do with DDD. I believe FoxStore use to be under VStores, as well as another e-tailer or two, but it's HIGHLY unlikely it was DDD.

It also could have been spam. I've been getting alot lately from 'bestbuy.com' and other e-tailers, usually with attachments with trojans and such. It may have been not even a real message.
Old 12-17-06, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"Sacred Heck" sounds like the name of a shitty, Christian metal band
Old 12-18-06, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by pilot
I doubt it had anything to do with DDD. I believe FoxStore use to be under VStores, as well as another e-tailer or two, but it's HIGHLY unlikely it was DDD.

It also could have been spam. I've been getting alot lately from 'bestbuy.com' and other e-tailers, usually with attachments with trojans and such. It may have been not even a real message.
Well, the thing that bothers me then is how did they get the correct backordered DVD and the correct total and the correct date ? One other thing that I forgot about that bothers me is that the DVD was actually sent to me. I wrote them that it was a floater and could I return/exchange etc. but never heard from them, put the DVD aside (it was to be a gift) and then forgot about.

So I guess I will have to see if a credit does really appear or worse (hopefully not).

P.S. This e-mail did not have any attachments or such since it was less than 1K in size and I use an HTML mail, which avoids some of those nasty Outlook and POP stuff.

So I am now not sure what to think ???

Last edited by forumsmy; 12-18-06 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-18-06, 12:13 AM

I got one from Vstore in the past 2 hours regarding the cancellation of my order for Dust Devil - Final Cut on 9/24/2006.

I ordered Dust Devil from DDD on that date and received it quite a while later as I recall. I just checked my order status with DDD for that order and while the order status is Complete, the Item Status is showing Preorder.

Maybe they're doing some kind of cleanup.
Old 12-18-06, 01:27 AM

I got four of them a few hours ago. The items and dates all corresponded to an order I placed with DDD in September. Why they came from "Vstore," I have no freaking idea.
Old 12-18-06, 04:01 AM

I got the same email for "Dust Devil" which I oredered and received from DDD during the date stated in the email. Oh well, if they want to refund me for a disc I already recieved, great. But I guess I better keep an eye out in case I get billed again.
Old 12-18-06, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Looks like I'm not alone. I got three from this VStore. One from an open order that truly was cancelled at DDCD and two that were shipped and finished a long time ago at DDD. I emailed back to the customer service email but received an automatic reply to check the FAq's at the website, etc, etc. Anybody contact DDD?
Old 12-18-06, 02:11 PM

I got a similar email for two titles I received. It was from vstore but I ordered the two titles from DDD earlier this year. The email stated I'll be getting a credit on my credit card.
Old 12-18-06, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Strange..Guess I was wrong.. Maybe someone from DDD will comment..
Old 12-18-06, 03:22 PM
crs

I got three emails too. But they make no sense. The only thing correct is the titles (which I did order from DDD and received a long time ago). The dates, order numbers, values, are all incorrect.
Old 12-18-06, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hank1215
I got the same email for "Dust Devil" which I oredered and received from DDD during the date stated in the email. Oh well, if they want to refund me for a disc I already recieved, great. But I guess I better keep an eye out in case I get billed again.
I got a similiar email regarding Dust Devil (which I received from DDD a while back)
Old 12-18-06, 05:24 PM
Cool New Member

Same thing happened to me - 4 emails about cancelled orders that corresponded to orders from DDD last year. I received the DVDs from the orders and nothing had been cancelled through DDD. I tried e-mailing vstore, got the automated response, can't get to an actual website. I found a phone number associated with them on yahoo, but when I called, I got some lady who told me it's not the correct number, and that she wishes people would stop calling her looking for them.
Old 12-18-06, 07:21 PM

I just got an apology letter from DDD, saying they were testing their new website DeepDiscount.com and mistakenly sent some emails to customers.

They included a $5 coupon code for the inconvenience, which was nice!
Old 12-18-06, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Badlands
I just got an apology letter from DDD, saying they were testing their new website DeepDiscount.com and mistakenly sent some emails to customers.

They included a $5 coupon code for the inconvenience, which was nice!
Just got the same thing. Sweet.
Old 12-18-06, 09:31 PM

Same here -- an apology that they were testing the combining of DeepDiscountDVD and CD to DeepDiscount.com and emails got mistakenly sent. They sent a nice $5 off coupon too. Excellent!! and what a relief !
Old 12-18-06, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 418 Posts
Originally Posted by dick_grayson
"Sacred Heck" sounds like the name of a shitty, Christian metal band
\

hah, and three times in the first post and title.
Old 12-19-06, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's the full e-mail text we received for anyone interested:

"Dear Valued Customer,
You recently received an email from [email protected] stating that an order that you placed for DVD had been cancelled. This email was sent to you in error.
Infinity Resources, Inc. is combining the DeepDiscountDVD.com and DeepDiscountCD.com web sites into a new web site, DeepDiscount.com. Emails were mistakenly sent out to some customers during testing of the new web site. This testing did not affect any of your open or closed orders and your credit card was not impacted in any way. There will be no additional charges or credits to your credit card.
Your credit card information was never compromised as it was not and will not be transferred to the web site.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this erroneous email has caused. Also, please accept this coupon for $5 off your next order at DeepDiscountDVD.com.
To receive your discount, please enter the code listed below into the promotion code box when you check out. This coupon code is valid through 1/31/07.
Promotional Coupon Code: -------
Sincerely,

Customer Service
DeepDiscountDVD.com
[email protected]"

Earlier I did send them an e-mail asking them for additional order information which generated 2 rather generic responses.
Old 12-19-06, 07:50 AM

Recieved same email and $5 coupon as well. Very Nice!
Old 12-19-06, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Got my apology last night. Actually sent the same thing twice. Thought I was getting two $5 off coupons but looked and code was the same.
Old 12-19-06, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Happened to me too, only I can't get my $5.00 off coupon to work. Anyone else have this problem?

Originally Posted by rexinnih
Got my apology last night. Actually sent the same thing twice. Thought I was getting two $5 off coupons but looked and code was the same.
I got two as well, one for DDDDVD and one for DDDCD. Of course, if they don't work, that's not too handy.

Last edited by onebyone; 12-19-06 at 11:14 AM.