Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Doctor Who Stores: whona / doctorwhostore / alienentertainment

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Doctor Who Stores: whona / doctorwhostore / alienentertainment

Old 12-16-06, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doctor Who Stores: whona / doctorwhostore / alienentertainment any good?

Has anyone ever ordered from any of these stores ? Were they good about shipping, returns and problems ?

I was originally looking at them from Doctor Who merchandise, but found they also had other stuff too.

* whona.com
* alienentertainmentstore.com
* doctorwhostore.com (I think this is really part of alienentertainmentstore)

I may have even gotten one of more of these links from a forum somewhere, maybe even here, but I can not remember where. I went to them initially and bookmarked them, and now coming back to them.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by forumsmy; 12-16-06 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-17-06, 01:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have ordered books/magazines from whona a couple of times and had no problems whatsoever.

You might want to pop over to the forums at Outpost Gallifrey for more feedback.
Old 12-17-06, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't say enough good things about whona.com . I've ordered from them several times, never had a problem with an order. The staff are responsive and helpful, prices are reasonable, and delivery is prompt.
Old 12-17-06, 10:30 AM

Thanks odisn and Super X.

I forgot about Outpost Gallifrey especially after they were going to close. Hopefully though the registration will be opene back so I can get to the forums.

Thanks again.
Old 12-17-06, 10:42 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Outpost Gallifrey was never going to close, they were just going to stop reporting news. But now that decision has been reversed.
Old 12-17-06, 11:24 AM

Thank you for clarifying Groucho. Sorry I guess I misinterpreted what I had read in the Doctor Who Incarnation thread here. That is great!
Old 12-19-06, 11:52 AM

I highly recommend WhoNA.com. I'm a regular customer and they're one of the best stores I've ever dealt with. As Super X said, they're helpful, responsive, ship promptly, and the couple of times there's been a problem with my order, they've dealt with it quickly and without any hassle. If you sign up for their mailing list, they always send out notifications of the new items when they come in, which I find helpful.

I've also bought from doctorwhostore.com (which is indeed run by the same people alienentertainmentstore.com) on the rare occasion they had something that WhoNA didn't, and those orders were a positive experience too. But my first choice would be WhoNA.
Old 12-20-06, 10:34 PM

Thanks smcguire --- I think I may end up trying them both. alienentertainment did have other non-Who stuff I was interested in as well.

Thanks again all !

Have a happy holiday !