Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Stacy Keibler joins cast of "What about Brian"

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-06, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Stacy Keibler joins cast of "What about Brian"

I don't watch this show, but now I might be tempted. But, I don't think she chose a good 1st project for her acting debut since this show barely gets over 5 million viewers each week.

From Zap2it.com

Former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant Stacy Keibler is legging her way into the world of scripted TV, courtesy of ABC.

Keibler, a one-time World Wrestling Entertainment "diva," is joining the cast of "What About Brian" in a recurring role. The second-year show has also added Jessica Szohr, who will be a regular, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Both actresses will play new neighbors of the title character (Barry Watson), who's currently in a transition from running a start-up video game company to working in a "real" job at his father's (William Devane) real estate firm. He's also getting over his love for his best friend Adam's (Matthew Davis) ex-fiancee (the currently absent Sarah Lancaster) by having an affair with a co-worker (Krista Allen).

So yeah, the cast is rather attractive.

Following her breakout performance on "Dancing with the Stars" earlier this year (she finished third behind Drew Lachey and Jerry Rice), ABC signed Keibler to a talent deal. Her role on "What About Brian" is a result of that and will be her first significant acting gig (she's had minor roles in "Bubble Boy" and John Waters' "Pecker").

Szohr is also a relative newcomer -- her credits include guest appearances on "That's So Raven," "What I Like About You" and "Joan of Arcadia."
Old 12-15-06, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man.. I had finally made up my mind to drop this show..... Hmmm....
Old 12-15-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
I don't watch this show, but now I might be tempted. But, I don't think she chose a good 1st project for her acting debut since this show barely gets over 5 million viewers each week.
This seems like the perfect first project - she has a chance to actually get some experience without the fear of stumbling while learning in front of 20 million viewers.

At best, she gets to mature as an actress - at worst, she's bad on a show no one watches and might get a second chance somewhere else.
Old 12-16-06, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aha I knew wrestling was real!!
Former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant Stacy Keibler is legging her way into the world of scripted TV, courtesy of ABC.