Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Have to pick up order at USPS???

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-11-06, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered some DVDs from Amazon with free shipping (USPS) last week.

I just checked the tracking info, and here is what it says:
* Available for Pickup, December 09, 2006, 6:24 am, CITY, STATE ZIP
* Notice Left, December 08, 2006, 12:00 pm, CITY, STATE ZIP
* Arrival at Unit, December 08, 2006, 8:52 am, CITY, STATE ZIP
* Enroute, December 05, 2006, 6:25 am, CITY, STATE ZIP
* Shipment Accepted, December 04, 2006, 4:13 pm, CITY, STATE ZIP
* Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 04, 2006
So it says a notice was left last week? I didn't get any notice. And aren't they supposed try again the next day? Looks like they want me to pick it up at the post office. This is really strange, because the postal service NEVER leaves notes if I'm not home; they ALWAYS just leave the package on my doorstep. And I don't even know which post office to go to, because there's 2 of them in my zip code. I guess it says which one on the note that they left, but I never got it!

You guys think this might be a computer error and they'll deliver my package in the next day or so? Or should I go visit both of the post offices near me?
Old 12-11-06, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If there's a tracking #, you can just call them to see which one has it. You probably need to go to the post office. It sounds like they're going to require a signature.
Old 12-11-06, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a package from DDD left at the post office a couple of weeks ago (with a notice in my mailbox telling me about it). It turns out that I had 3 others, too, dating back to August (!) about which I never received a notice. Head down to the post office, my friend--you could be in for a surprise!
Old 12-12-06, 12:21 AM

I just noticed something that might explain why this Amazon order is all of a sudden requiring a signature. On my Amazon order status page, it says that both of my DVD sets are "Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc." I've never seen that before. (I ordered the Lone Gunmen and Millennium season 2 sets.)
Old 12-12-06, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, if you got it from a 3rd party just being sold thru Amazon, that would explain it. Although it does seem strange that Lone Gunmen and Millennium wouldn't be carried by Amazon itself. Maybe they were just out of stock the day you ordered.
Old 12-12-06, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sldvd
I just noticed something that might explain why this Amazon order is all of a sudden requiring a signature. On my Amazon order status page, it says that both of my DVD sets are "Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc." I've never seen that before. (I ordered the Lone Gunmen and Millennium season 2 sets.)
I've noticed that on the last couple of orders that I've placed directly with Amazon (not marketplace)
Old 12-12-06, 01:27 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
I just ordered a bunch of non-dvd items from Amazon tonight and they all say "Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc.". I don't know what this means, but this means it doesn't just apply to DVDs.
Old 12-12-06, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,010 Likes on 719 Posts
My last order indicated that for all items. I think they've just changed the name, for some reason. They were definitely not third party items.
Old 12-13-06, 09:47 AM

I went to the post office yesterday, and they said they couldn't find the package. Then today my mailman called me and said Amazon rarely requires signatures, and he thinks the tracking info is erroneous and that the package must have been delivered.

Well, I didn't receive the package. I'll have to call up Amazon later today. Anyone have any experience with "lost package" claims with Amazon? Wondering how much of a headache this will be.
Old 12-13-06, 11:12 PM

Amazon is sending out free replacement sets for me. That is some terrific customer service.
Old 12-14-06, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 266 Likes on 204 Posts
At least no neighbor is stealing it from your doorstep for the second time!!
Old 12-14-06, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Recently my mailman has also required someone be home to deliever Amazon stuff. Before he would just leave it. Now he'll leave a USPS card saying I have to pick it up at the Post Office. Of course when I pick it up, or even when I'm at home, I never have to sign anything. I just figured it was a new mailman or soemthing. I don't know why Amazon would all of a sudden change. In fact, a few Christmas orders have just been left on my door, so maybe it's all back to normal.