Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Bally's Total Fitness deals?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My company pays for 70% of our gym membership, so I'm not out looking for THE BEST DEAL, but I'm looking for a deal nevertheless because I am cheap.

They gave me a renewal rate of $226.80 for full access to the gym or $151.20 for a 2 day membership.

If I didn't prepay, then I would be paying at $22/month, so it's about 15% discount.

Any suggestions on getting a better deal? I only have a few days to submit my membership info to HR to get reimbursement.
Old 12-11-06, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
There's a coupon code that gives you $50 off the registration if you pay with a Visa card.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/discoun...052&pageId=197
Old 12-11-06, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's for new members only.

$50 off the membership fee of any, new, regular, renewable Value membership plan (excludes month-to-month, upgrade, limited, special paid-in-full, and add-on plans) when paid with electronic funds transfer through your Visa card.
Old 12-11-06, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a Bally's member for 2 years, and spent about 1 1/2 of those years just waiting for my contract to expire. If you gave me $22/mo, I still wouldn't even step foot in a Bally's again.

Maybe they've improved since then, but I absolutely hated it...

Based on your nick, I'm guessing you're in Chicago? Do you have a LifeTime Fitness close by? I see there are a number in Chicago now. This is a chain that was started in Minneapolis by a former Bally's employee. He got sick of their crap, so started his own club (one location). He runs a tight ship, and takes a lot of pride in his clubs. I worked at their 3rd location for about 3 years in the late 90's. He'd stop in unannounced every few weeks just to look at things, and expected everything to be perfect. He refused to tell anyone he was coming, because he wanted to see the club as all members did. Not only are there 25+ clubs now in Minnesota, but they are now in 19 states. I joined as a member in 1996, and worked part-time a couple years later for some extra cash and a free membership (and a few "perks" ). They are definitely not cheap, but IMHO worth every dollar. I highly recommend them if it's an option.
Old 12-12-06, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just resigned with them for $297 for 3 years via a postcard offer they sent. Hard to beat for that price, if I can ignore the nude elderly dude locker room club.