Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

WTB: Walk the Line 2D Special Edition

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Old 12-11-06, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's not a hard to find movie, but it's always pretty pricey, and I want it for a Christmas gift. Thought maybe someone might have an extra copy or something lying around that I could buy for less than the $28.50 cost of amazon, which is the cheapest I ever see it. I would prefer still in shrink, but if it's in good condition, I don't think it matters much. Anyone have this?
Thanks.
Old 12-11-06, 01:57 AM

If you have a local Costco... I remember seeing it for $28 - $7 (instant coupon) = $21 (+tax). I think the in store coupon starts around the 15th-18th.
Old 12-11-06, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by tmy727
If you have a local Costco... I remember seeing it for $28 - $7 (instant coupon) = $21 (+tax). I think the in store coupon starts around the 15th-18th.
DARN IT! That's a great deal, but I have no membership, and as far as I can remember, it's like $45 a year for one. Although it seems like they have good deals like this a lot, I don't know if I can justify with a 'long run' explanation.
I appreciate the heads up though. Maybe I can find someone with a membership to help me get in and buy it.
Old 12-11-06, 09:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
thomkai,

I'll sell you mine (in excellent condition, watched once) for $23 shipped (via paypal). Includes the slipcase. Or if you want it cheaper, money order for $22 shipped. I am a gold trader and will ship in a box.
Old 12-11-06, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by too much
thomkai,

I'll sell you mine (in excellent condition, watched once) for $23 shipped (via paypal). Includes the slipcase. Or if you want it cheaper, money order for $22 shipped. I am a gold trader and will ship in a box.
YGM, thanks. Someday I'm getting a Costco membership though, dangit!
Old 12-11-06, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey folks, I own this title and definitely wouldn't want to put anyone off getting it if they want it, but the features on disc 2 are pretty pathetic. Since it was one of my favorite films of the year I got it no questions asked, plus the artwork is fantastic and the cards inside are nice. However, since the deleted scenes and commentaries are on disc 1, that leaves disc 2 with (I believe) less than 30 minutes of extras. One of them on Folsom Prison is okay, but the others are so poorly made. They don't even use any real pictures of Johnny Cash and have barely any behind the scenes footage. Fox really dropped them ball on the quality of these, but the packaging is very nice. Just wanted to chime in case anyone was hoping for an extensive second disc. Cheers.
Old 12-12-06, 12:14 AM

Neither of us (me nor my g/f, who the movie is for), have seen this yet (I don't know why I never saw it, always wanted to). When I asked what she wanted, she said that. I have wanted it for a while as well since I had heard good things, and the 1 disc looked pathetic compared to the 2 Disc. Too bad to hear the extras aren't that good; at least I got it a little cheaper from 'too much'. But it makes me wonder: why is it SO expensive? It must be the hype, cause it's more expensive than the LOTR sets, which were beautifully put together (although they have been around for a while, just was trying to come up with a comparison).
Well, I guess we'll see how it is come Christmas Day!

edit: I read the review here to see what it had to say. From the final paragraph:
I've reviewed both the one and two disc set and while I think the one disc version is a better value, the short disc two documentaries are fun to watch and the packaging is far more attractive. Highly recommended.
But, at least I am a whore for packaging, so it's not that bad in my opinion. (Star Wars tins at best buy, anyone? )

Last edited by thomkai; 12-12-06 at 12:21 AM.