Search this Thread

Old 12-10-06, 02:30 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Brothers & Sisters - "Light the Lights" - 12/10/06

"Light the Lights"
Spoiler:
Sarah, Tommy and Saul make a crucial mistake while trying to retrieve funds to save the family business; Nora overcompensates over the holidays.
Old 12-10-06, 11:06 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I don't know, I didn't think this ep was as strong as the last few.

I did like the scene where Nora went over to Holly's house.
Old 12-10-06, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This episode seem to take forever to get through. Maybe it was all the scenes dealing with Sarah's daughter trying to figure out religions and how God responds to all of them.

Sarah can be a nasty, snarky person, she got what she deserved in trying to screw Holly out of her portion of the $30 million.

Kevin pleads Justin's case, but the judge rules in favor of the military, but Justin gets a Christmas gift in a 6-month reprieve to get his house in order (just in time for the show to go on summer hiatus).

Nora and Holly's scene was the highlight of the episode.

Kitty appears to be moving on from the show, as her popularity is rising and her producer/exec wants to have Kitty go solo on her own show.
Old 12-11-06, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The annoying thing about this episode was the sequencing of things. It seemed like we'd be in the daytime courtroom one minute then in the next scene it'd be nighttime and then daytime in another subsequent scene.

Also, why would Kevin and Justin wait to get to the Walker house instead of calling with the good news?

The whole thing with the land makes no sense. The father "borrowed" from the company to buy the land intending to flip it? Why was he holding onto it with a 1/3 of it in Holly's name? Wouldn't it make more sense to sell it to the military immediately and put back everyone's pensions?
Old 12-11-06, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've been watching this show since the pilot, and i'm starting to really like it more and more. the show and cast bring a lot of emotions, and it's let me really like the cast and characters.

this episode did drag with the daughter's subplot. but overall, i thought it was a nice episode.

the scene with nora and holly was very well written.

i guess kevin and justin wanted to tell everyone in person?
Old 12-11-06, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have been watching this series from the pilot and must say it has overtaken 'Heroes' and 'Men in Trees' as my favorite new series of the season... and while this episode wasn't as strong as the three previous episodes (the vacation home episode was amazing!), it was still supieror entertaingment... The scene between Holly and Nora solified that Sally Field deserves a Golden Globe nomination - as does the show. But I will admit with fellow poster's that the story line with Sarah's daughter got annoying at times (as did the editing)...
Old 12-12-06, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, not one of the better ones and the whole religion thing didn't work for me. Is this a message show about Religion? If so, who are they trying to teach? I could be wrong but I don't think many people under 16 watch the show.
Good moments with the characters gave it a few more points with me.
Old 12-12-06, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Flashback to Everwood: Edna (Grandma) helps Deliah (young girl) discover God through her Jewish (half) roots.

I knew it wouldn't be long before Berlanti brought the kids in. Its what he does best. Look for the hidden daughter to be discovered and I expect her to be in high school.

This has become the new Dawson's Creek / Everwood for the over 20 crowd.

Last edited by Ayre; 12-12-06 at 06:44 AM.