Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Question about being a Best Buy reward member

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-08-06, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering if any of you know if it's possible for Best Buy to look up previous purchases and perphaps print off a duplicate receipt. The reason I ask is because I bought the Superman Ultimate Edition set there, and accidentally threw away the receipt before realizing I needed it for the mail in offer for the free posters.

Anyone know if this is possible? I used my reward card that day, but that purchase still has not shown up on myrewardzone.com yet.

Thanks
Old 12-08-06, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did you pay by credit card?

Most retail stores can look up receipts if you know which register you checked out at, the time, and the day as well.
Old 12-08-06, 01:29 AM

Unfortunately, no. I just got paid, and what better way to celebrate than buying the Superman collection? I feel like a complete idiot

I suppse I can try calling the RewardZone support line tomorrow.
Old 12-08-06, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IIRC, they do have your transaction history when you logon to www.myrewards.com (I think that is the address). So you could print that or atleast the amount so you paid on the date and it would correspond to what you are telling them.
Old 12-12-06, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a CSR at a best buy here in Orlando.

There are several ways to look up receipts. If you used a credit/debit card, had a RZ card scanned, gave phone number when asked for gender selection, or purchased any type of service agreement, then they can definitly find the receipt easily. Also if you know what register and around what time, and find a nice enough manager to do it, they can look on backoffice and find the sale then print you a receipt.

Seeing how you used your RZ, just go into the store and ask them to print a copy of your receipt. They will use customer contact manager and have it in about 30 seconds.