Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy.com - Not shipping Items or Responding to Email

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-06-06, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought Simpsons 2, 3 & 4 from Buy.com using Google $20 off $50 on 11/22. So far I have received Season 2. 3 & 4 have not shippped even though the website says they ship in 1 to 2 business days. I've sent two emails to them with no response, the last being sent 3 days ago. Both phone numbers I have for them, 800-800-0800 and 877-780-2464 are constantly busy. After wasting considerable time trying to contact them does anyone have another number or strategy?

Also bought the Pusher Trilogy from them in beginning of November with Google $10 off $30. They sent me a set with a mangled box and one of the DVDs scratched to hell. I called right away but it took them 10 days to email me a return label - UPS. I sent the set back to them on 11/22. It still hasn't been delivered to their California return center. What UPS shipping category takes 2 weeks?

Does anyone blame me if I say BUY.COM S*CKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-06, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Same thing here, they shipped Last Samurai HD but not MI:3. Emailed them about it last week, no response. Damn a holes.
Old 12-06-06, 01:27 PM

I've had success getting through to them at the 1-877-780-2464 number, but I can't say they're especially helpful (and the call center must be in India based on the accents). I placed about a $30 order with them using google checkout for 3 CD's, and they sent me 4 books. This happened over a month ago, and despite promptly returning the books to them, I've only been partially refunded so far.

In their defense, I've probably placed about 20 orders with them during this google checkout deal, and the others have all been without incident.
Old 12-06-06, 02:05 PM
Banned

This is my first experience ordering from them...
Ordered a $3.99 movie from them and the dust devil set and the 2-disk Butch Cassidy.... Received the $3.99 movie and dust devil but i have not got Butch Cassidy yet and it seems like there are no plans to send it to me after i was charged the amount for all 3 items...
I am not very happy about this...
Old 12-06-06, 02:37 PM

Same here. I ordered 3 tv sets from the recent sale. They shipped 2 right away (though it took 13 days to get here), but not the third. It was listed as in stock when I ordered it and is still listed as in stock. Emailed them yesterday, but after reading this I'm not so sure I'll get a response. Between this, the J&R debacle and my first order from the DDD sale getting lost, I think some greater force is telling me to curb my dvd spending.
Old 12-06-06, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVDHound
Here's my only two experiences with Buy.com...

Placed an order with them 5 years ago (TZ 40th Anniv. Box Set). Arrived in terrible condition with internal contents loose and cases cracked.

After 5 years decided to give them another shot with the great Google $10 off $10 deal. Ordered the only Criterion I wanted that they hadn't jacked-up the price on (Viridiana). Figured since it was a single disc in a hard case, it would probably arrive okay. Got it yesterday. Internal 'insert holder' was completely broken off. The beautiful Criterion insert booklet was mangled!

What's the old saying... "Fool me once..." - I have no one to blame but myself.
Old 12-06-06, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Buy.com is a mess. They are consistantly sending wrong items. It honestly seems like everybody has recieved at least one wrong order. But google checkout mmmmmm
Old 12-06-06, 04:34 PM

I ordered 3 DVD sets on 11/22 as well. One shipped and I recieved it rather quickly, but the other two were on "Sent to Warehouse" for a couple of days until finally they went to "On Order". I guess i'm gonna wait it out and see how long it takes for them to ship.
Old 12-06-06, 06:36 PM

I'm getting ready to cancel my 2nd order.
I'd rather get the box set from Amazon.com or BestBuy.com
Old 12-06-06, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck on canceling your order with buy.com. They do not have good customer service, and the reason I stopped shopping from them years ago was because they would refuse to cancel orders. They always claim it's entered the "shipping process" and cannot be canceled, even on preorders.
Old 12-06-06, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts
Maybe they're getting ready for their big tenth anniversary celebration.

You know how restaurants will do a special promotion where, for the Xth anniversary, they'll lower their prices to what they were when they first opened? Maybe Buy.com is doing that with their customer service.
Old 12-06-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 418 Posts
my most recent order was supes returns and supes 1 both hd dvds.

they shipped supes 1 but supes returns says on order.
but the site itself says 1 to 2 days.

emailed them so we'll see.
Old 12-06-06, 10:52 PM

I'm in this group as well. Incidently, I have almost the same situation as the OP. On November 25, 2006 I ordered 3 seasons of the Simpsons (2, 3 & 7).

Unlike the OP though, I've received 3 & 7, but not 2, and my account has it listed as "On Order" even though it says it's In Stock on the site.

(It did go out-of-stock for 2-3 days just a day or so after I placed my order... maybe that's what threw it off.)

Sent an e-mail yesterday. From the looks of things, I shouldn't expect a response anytime soon.

I've mostly had very good experiences with Buy.com though. I was purchasing *lots* of stuff with them back in the 1997-2000 internet boom days. Back then they even had exceptional over-the-phone customer service. Since then they seem to have dropped off some on the service & reliability - but I guess that's to be expected with lots of growth in addition to the .com bust. Still, I've made 10+ orders with the Google Checkout promotion and this is the only one that's had a hitch so far.

You can try cancelling specific items online when you look up your order status. I was able to do that without incident when my order for King Kong on HD DVD was delayed due to it going out of stock.
Old 12-06-06, 11:37 PM
Banned

I ordered the buffy box set on the 24th and it still hasn't been shipped. I called them and got some indian guy who told me I was supposed to wait 1-2 weeks. I stated the site says 2-3 days. He replied when I ordered it said 2-3 weeks. I said I wouldn't have ordered had it saw that. He told me I just had to wait.

I ordered 2 books and they were shipped out on the 26th. I still haven't recieved them and the tracking number doesn't work...

WTF?
Old 12-07-06, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 266 Likes on 204 Posts
I've had a number of problems with them in the past myself. years ago I ordered a cd from them that was a preorder. It was delayed and delayed and never saw the light of day. Buy.com billed me for it at order time. I emailed them a number of times. They gave me the run around for weeks. Finally they sent me an email saying they couldnt give me a refund because it was over 90 days.

Another order took them weeks to send it out even though it said 1 to 2 days shipping. I filed a complaint with Buy.com. A few days later i received them in the mail. The mailman never scanned the tracking barcode at delivery so Buy.com had no proof they sent anything so they said me the order again and i received 2 copies of the books in my order. Score 1 for me on that one. I didnt need 2 copies of it but felt it was a victory against them nonetheless.

Another time I ordered a book and then found a lower price on Amazon. I called Buy.com and they refused to price match so I returned it to them. They never refunded the monety for the return and I still get the runaround when I call them.

I hope the higher ups at Buy.com get an incurable disease and die a slow painful death for ripping people off like this.
Old 12-07-06, 11:58 AM

Placed 3 orders on Buy.com, two of them went just fine the third is total mess, when I have ordered LOTHR SE it was in stock, a week after I placed order status is On Order. Just recieved the pakage from them with absolutely different DVD (5 of them)packaging slip with different customer name and address and on the the top of that pakaging slip from Overstock, not even Buy.com. Customer service almost nonexisting, no response on emails, phone is always busy.
Old 12-07-06, 01:31 PM
Banned

Hmmmm.... They finally emailed me back...
The first email said your order has been sent to the warehouse and should be sent off within the next week.
The second email said I'm sorry but your item is back ordered and there is no estimate time that my item will be shipped.
I just checked my order status and it says it was shipped. This kinda makes me sad because after reading this thread I was going to cancel it.
I ordered buffy which was 100 dollars. Watch me get some 10 dollar shitty dvd in it's place....
Old 12-07-06, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by movieguru
Another time I ordered a book and then found a lower price on Amazon. I called Buy.com and they refused to price match so I returned it to them. They never refunded the monety for the return and I still get the runaround when I call them.
Their "low price guarantee" is amusing in the levels they will lie to not honor it. I've gone over this with them in the past and received a reply stating that they will not honor the guarantee for any item that uses a coupon, discount, promotion, bundle. My item didn't use any of the following so I replied as such.

The reply I received back stated that my item could have potentially qualified for their free shipping promotion if I had purchased it with another item that would have qualified for their free shipping and they both totaled $25+ or if I had combined it with an item that offered a free shipping bundle.

They have finally updated the low price guarantee to mention free shipping but to refuse to honor the terms as listed on their site if any item could potentially be manipulated into a free shipping scenario just goes to show one that they have no intention of honoring a low price guarantee and will attempt any scenario not to.

Needless to say, I gladly will spend money elsewhere. The best they can do on prices would be a dollar or two cheaper on the very rare occassional item which is well worth not giving to them.
Old 12-07-06, 07:30 PM

Wow, this is some good stuff. I finally called them today to ask why my Lost in Space S3 v2 is still listed as in stock on the website, yet hasn't been shipped in the past 18 days. I called the 877 CS # and he assures me there is none in stock, and they have no ETA. So I think about it, and I decide to call the 800# order line, and the guy there asks me how many I would like to buy. I asked him if he was positive there was stock and after a minute on hold he comes back and says if I want it, I should order it immediately because it lists 1 in stock. I tell him I already ordered one, on the 19th. I ask him why the website and the 800# would say there is stock, but the CS# says there isn't. He says the stock info from the CS# is more accurate and he really has no way of knowing if there is stock. So I then ask him why there would be one available for sale instead of given to those that ordered earlier. He says, of course, that he doesn't know, but that if I want the one listed as in stock, I should order it now. I then reiterate that I already have one on order and ask why I would want to buy something that he doesn't even know if it's in stock. We go back on forth some more and he finally says that there's no one on that line that can tell me why there is a discrepancy in stock and during the time we spent talking about it, someone may have purchased the "available" set already. I almost started laughing.... So I then called back the CS# to ask if they can tell me why there's a discrepancy, but of course he can't. He does assure me there are none in stock with no ETA. Then I check my email and get this:
Just a note to let you know that we are still working hard on filling your order #xxx.
We have placed an urgent order with our suppliers and are waiting on the backordered or preordered product(s) below.

At least I know one site where I'll never shop again.
Old 12-07-06, 08:19 PM
Banned

Yeah this site is surely a joke.... My buffy order was shipped today. It's weird that it was shipped a day after I bitched. I bet they end up sending me sponge bob or something...
Old 12-07-06, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Good luck on canceling your order with buy.com. They do not have good customer service, and the reason I stopped shopping from them years ago was because they would refuse to cancel orders. They always claim it's entered the "shipping process" and cannot be canceled, even on preorders.
I got an email confirmation that my 2nd order was cancelled.
My order said "on order" so I figured I wouldn't have any problems.
I don't want to receive a beat up box set.
Old 12-08-06, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't had any problems with Buy.com until the Google checkout discount began. Ordered Family Guy Vol. 3 for $12.XX on Nov. 20 and got an email claiming that it was sent out on 11/23. Still no FG 14 days later. Will give it a week before I call as I know the free ship sometimes takes awhile. But after reading the posts in this thread, I won't be too shocked if I never get it at all. Regardless, it will be awhile before I spend any more money with them.
Old 12-08-06, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by DVDHound
Followup to my 12/6 post: Reached India yesterday on the 877 number by calling at 7am. While I was on the line, the CSR called the "corporate office" (meaning, I assume, US customer service). She assured me that my inquiry was "elevated" to a high priority matter and that I should receive an email from Buy.com very shortly explaining what happened to my order and when it will be shipped.

Of course I haven't gotten the email but something else happened in the meantime that quite tickles me. My wife ordered a Simpsons Season 6 on the $10 off $10 Google offer. When after about a week she didn't get a ship notice, she checked her Google account which said the order was canceled because something was wrong with the credit card. Well, low and behold, the DVD set shows up in the mail yesterday - with no charge to the credit card. If the charge continues not to show up, I'll consider it karma for the super bad service they have given me.

Last edited by DVDHound; 12-08-06 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-08-06, 01:53 PM
Banned

10 days later I still haven't recieved either order I made with buy.com.... DAMN ASSHOLES!
Old 12-08-06, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by calhoun07
Yeah - they told me they couldn't guarantee cancellation of any order if you try to cancel more than a few minutes after placing the order.

I got the same "It has gone to the warehouse and entered the shipping process." Funny thing was, it wasn't releasing for 2 months. After pointing this out... they told me that they could ATTEMPT cancellation but couldn't guarantee it. I was lucky and got an emaill a few days later stating that the item had been cancelled.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.