Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sly Stallone answers 10 questions a day

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-06-06, 01:22 AM
En vacance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked these out on aicn, this is some of the coolest stuff ever, Sly Stallone (yes the man himself) is answering questions sent from over the whole world with 10 picked for him to answer daily for 20 days, in total he'll have answered 200. It started on Dec. 1st. Q's are everything from Rocky Balboa, Rambo IV, his projects, his past films, behind-the-scenes things, business stuff, geeky things, even wacky stuff like how to use the 3 seashells from Demolition Man (this was a good one) He seems like a genuine swell fella not afraid to poke fun at some of his own movies, a class act. I hope more actors start bonding with their fans like this.
1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51-60
60-71

Last edited by FRwL; 12-08-06 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-06-06, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone ask him about his movie "the italian stallion"
Old 12-06-06, 02:39 AM
En vacance

That was on almost everyone's minds in the talkbacks when the announcement was made. It hasn't but it would be insane if it were. I can only imagine how many emailed with a related Q.
Old 12-06-06, 04:40 AM
Banned

Sly actually knew how to use the seashells.

I also loved his answer to how Rocky's son ages 10 years during the time he spent in Russia. He answers "Rocky’s son suffers from a genetic defect that causes him to age 3 months every 90 minutes."
Old 12-06-06, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Interesting read. He certainly was not shy about admitting how crappy some of his movies were. My interest in Rocky Balboa has increased.
Old 12-06-06, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Very entertaining, but I'm not sure if it's real or not. Would he really trash some of his movies, so openly like that? And some of his comments sound a bit too frank. I don't know.

Last edited by Yeti4623; 12-06-06 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-06-06, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Yeti4623
Very entertaining, but I'm not sure if it's real or not. Would he really trash some of his movies, so openly like that? And some of hid comments sound a bit too frank. I don't know.
AICN sees a large volume of hits every day. It's not as if the site's contributors could simply claim to be a megastar, then answer questions under the guise, without expecting some sort of backlash. I'd say it's most certainly real.

-JP
Old 12-06-06, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I asked him if life ever meets you halfway.

das
Old 12-06-06, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Very interesting to read. I was surprised with how candid he was about some of his bad movies.
Old 12-06-06, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sent in a question asking if Rocky will have a rematch against Thunderlips in Rocky Balboa.
Old 12-06-06, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
I asked him if life ever meets you halfway.

das

...across the sky?

Wow the last theatrical movie he did (aside from Spy Kids 3) was Driven...all the other movies have gone straight to dvd. I am though looking forward to Rocky Balboa (even though I know what happens at the end).
Old 12-06-06, 03:42 PM

Be sure to ask if he still likes to use glass tables for "things".
Old 12-06-06, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice PR work. Now I might actually consider seeing Rocky Balboa.
Old 12-06-06, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts
Q: One of my favorite Stallone films after all these years is "Nighthawks". I always say a great action film needs a strong hero and strong villian. I feel that film gave you a whole new dimension as an actor. Rutger Hauer goes in the villian Hall Of Fame for his role in this film. What memories do you still have from "Nighthawks"?

Tim Salsgiver
Crestline, Ohio

A:NIGHTHAWKS was a very difficult film to make namely because no one believed that urban terrorism would ever happen in New York thus felt the story was far fetched.

NIGHTHAWKS was even a better film before the studio lost faith in it and cut it to pieces. What was in the missing scenes was extraordinary acting by Rutger Hauer, Lindsey Wagner, and the finale was a blood fest that rivaled the finale of "Taxi Driver." But it was a blood fest with a purpose.

The stunts in the film were pretty extraordinary because they were invented along the way. Running through the tunnels of an un-built subway station was very dangerous, but exciting and we were only given one hour to do it. So that made for an interesting evening.

Hanging from the cable car was probably one of the more dangerous stunts I was asked to perform because it was untested and I was asked to hold a folding Gerber knife in my left hand so if the cable were to snap, and I survived the 230 foot fall into the East River with its ice cold 8 mile an hour current, I could cut myself free from the harness because the cable when stretched out weighed more than 300 lbs. I tell you this because it's so stupid to believe that I would survive hitting the water so to go beyond that is absurd. So I actually thought the smart move would be to commit hari-kari on the way down and let the cards fold as they may.

P.S. Several years later this cable did snap while testing it on a 100lb bag of sand.

Great Story
Old 12-06-06, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd like to know, if he could go back, would he not kill off Apollo? I'm fine with his death, but kind of want to know what he thinks. Also, I wish he'd talk about Over the Top and Lock Up. Two slightly underrated movies, in my opinion.

Last edited by Yeti4623; 12-06-06 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-06-06, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Yeti4623
I'd like to know, if he could go back, would he not kill off Apollo? I'm fine with his death, but kind of want to know what he thinks. Also, I wish he'd talk about Over the Top and Lock Up. Two slightly underrated movies, in my opnion.
I really liked Over the Top as a kid. Not having a father, I kind of imagined one day having a father like Stallone's Lincoln Hawk showing up and being there for me.
Old 12-07-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Seems like they got a little lazy with that last batch of questions.
Old 12-07-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts
I think the questions got a little lame actually. I've never really thought about Sly one way or the other (and I've never actually seen "Rocky") but he has always seemed like a genuine person, who is obviously talented. I mean, c'mon, "Tango & Cash" kicks ass I also thought he was great in "Copland".

I'm definitely more interested in "Rocky Balboa" now.
Old 12-07-06, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Stallone is a very sharp guy who had both the fortune and misfortune of becoming a megastar and having his career basically dictated as a result. He seems, IMHO, to be exceedingly intelligent, career mis-steps aside.
Old 12-07-06, 11:47 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I wish they would stop wasting questions on bullshit topics like Poe, Charlie Chaplin, and wrestling. Oh, and the guy who thinks Sly would make a good choice for an older Bruce Wayne needs to have his head examined.
Old 12-08-06, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts
Rocky IV. It didn't have any Mickey, it didn't have Bill Conti doing the score, it didn't have the standard opening fanfare, it just seems.....different, a bit "out of place".

Do you agree with this and if so, was this all intentional?

The reason ROCKY IV seems a little disjointed is because I was having a conflict with Bill Conti at the time and decided to go in a different direction, which I’m sorry for. Also, I think the whole premise of the film was based too much on “the fight” and not the personal struggles that preceded the fight. If I had to do it all over again, I would’ve hired Bill Conti, married Ivan Drago and punched out Brigitte Nielsen.

bwahahahhahahhahahhahahahha
Old 12-08-06, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked this one -

7. Question: At the end of Rocky III you and Apollo fought as a "favor" to Apollo for helping you pummel Clubber Lang. I gotta know…who won Rocky vs. Apollo III?

In ROCKY III I freeze the frame as both men are throwing their power shots. Rocky is left handed, Apollo is right handed. Since I am the shorter of the two, my punches will travel shorter distance. Apollo is looping his right hand so Rocky lands first and thirty seconds later, Apollo’s attorney shows up and sues Rocky for assault.
Old 12-09-06, 01:01 PM

I'd like to ask him if the making of Rocky Balboa has anything to do with the idea that boxers never know when to give up boxing?
Old 12-17-06, 08:31 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Is anyone still reading Sly's answers to 10 questions per day?

In Day 17, we learn that Sly actually listens to Rocky soundtrack music to get him pumped up to go to the gym. Friggin' awesome!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31005
Old 12-18-06, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't notice in any of the questions either a person ask or Sly talk about his movie 'Daylight'. Does anyone know what he thought about that movie or how he sees it or anything like that? I thought it was a pretty good movie and one of my favorites of his.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.