Reload this Page >

"The Closer" 2-hour season finale "Serving the King" 12/4/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-04-06, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,603 Posts

Hour 2 of this episode will be directed by Kevin Bacon.

Synopsis:
Resulting from the showdown in the murder room, Brenda finds herself taking some involuntary time off. When she is asked to help a friend solve a murder that is linked to a terrorist group, Brenda works to find the killer and still keep it under wraps.

Meanwhile, Commander Taylor jumps at the chance to break apart the PHD while Brenda is away.
Old 12-04-06, 01:24 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
I can't even remember what happened when this last left off. I remember there was a shootout, that's about it.
Old 12-04-06, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I really don't understand throwing an episode out at a time totally unrelated to when the rest of the season ran and presumably not any time around when the next season begins. It's so easy to miss it. I did know this was going to be shown tonight but only more or less by accident had I read about it, just yesterday. They did the same thing with Monk a couple weeks ago (and last year too IIRC - "special holiday episodes") which could have been missed. And yes, I have TiVo but I do not like using the season pass feature. And, of course, many people don't have TiVo.
Old 12-04-06, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk God

I know TNT ordered 15 episodes of Season 2 and tonight's episodes would be 14 and 15. I'm assuming since episode 13 aired way back in September, TNT didn't want the season finale to compete against all the new fall premieres.
Old 12-05-06, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
I can't even remember what happened when this last left off. I remember there was a shootout, that's about it.
Agreed -- can't remember anything of that last ep. TVRage has a synopsis but it's pretty vague:

Brenda teams up with her FBI boyfriend Fritz to investigate the attempted assassination of a federally protected witness at a mob bigwig's trial. The case soon becomes extremely perilous when Brenda and her team are pitted against a professional killer.
If anyone can add any details, 'twould be appreciated.
Old 12-05-06, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched this show for the first time last night.

Awful. Disliked just about every single aspect of the show.
Old 12-05-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by abrg923
I watched this show for the first time last night.

Awful. Disliked just about every single aspect of the show.
I don't think it was very ideal to just jump into watching last nights episode. The show is already in it's 2nd season.

Personally, I like the show and I think Kyra Sedgwick has done a fine job with her role. I can see why some people may not like her character.
Old 12-05-06, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
I think the Closer is either in its third season, or at least at the halfway point of the second season. They are reairing second season eps on Tuesday nights right now.

The last season ended with a mob informant in witness protection shooting an FBI agent in the LAPD's investigation room, then one of Brenda Lee's men shooting the informant dead. Last night's ep picked up four months later with Brenda, Sanchez and Provenza all on administrative leave while the FBI investigated the shooting.

We love the show, been watching since the first ep, and are very happy that its back. Something to watch now since Heroes is on hiatus.
Old 12-07-06, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by N2DVD
I think the Closer is either in its third season, or at least at the halfway point of the second season. They are reairing second season eps on Tuesday nights right now.
Third season doesn't start until next summer. This two-hour episode is the finale to season two - though the way it jumps 4 months after the end of the last episode, it could easily have been the start of season 3, IMHO.

Originally Posted by DJariya
I don't think it was very ideal to just jump into watching last nights episode. The show is already in it's 2nd season.
I couldn't agree with you more. The relationships between Johnson and her squad have throughly matured since her arrival - and that SHOWS in the very first scene with Gabriel and Flynn battling with Captain Taylor at the murder scene (where the guys are correcting just about every single aspect of the case's clues by McHale and Ross). To a viewer new to The Closer, half of the episode would make no sense without the charcters' histories.

On another note, it was interesting to learn that Johnson (and possibly Pope) seems to have a history with CIA training. I hope they bring the Elaine Donahue back in a later episode. She was a pretty cool character.