Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Holiday

Old 12-02-06, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Holiday

So I just got back from the sneak of Nancy Meyers 'The Holiday'. I find her work really hit and miss, but this movie will definitely be a hit. The cast is extremely likeable with Diaz and Winslet really doing a great job. The movie is light, fun and even at 2 plus hours, moves at a great pace. Plus all the movie references and inside Hollywood stuff is really funny, and the movie trailer stuff within the movie was a real winner.

Jude Law and Jack Black both really get a chance to shine as well and Jables even gets some singing in. One of the real surprises of the film for me was Eli Wallach. I thought a B storyline about an elderly screenwriter connecting with a charming British lass couldn't really add much to the movie, but it sure did...really 'feel good' stuff.

A perfect date movie, with enough romance to make the girls swoon and some genuine laughs to keep the guys entertained, I think this is easily going to be one of the bigger word of mouth hits of the season.

MATT
Old 12-02-06, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really want to see this, but the clip Jude Law brought to Leno the other night was not very good. I love Kate Winslet and Jude Law though so I guess I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-03-06, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will be there next week just because I will watch an insurance seminar video if Kate Winslet is in it...