Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Google checkout buy.com thing.. SLOW?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-02-06, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've placed 4 orders over the past 2 weeks, each time going with the 3-5 days shipping. So far, I haven't gotten anything... and the tracking info is worthless (just says the item was marked for initial pickup).

I know it's the holidays, but I've never seen the mail so slow... it's been 8 bus. days since my first order.

Anyone else having this issue? Just curious. On the other hand, it's an amazing deal, and I'm grateful for the savings : )
Old 12-02-06, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They've never been slow for me. I get all of my orders from Buy.com in less than a week.
Old 12-02-06, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My King Kong set just shipped, after like 6 days. So kinda slow, but not too bad...
Old 12-02-06, 07:18 PM

My order shipped on 11/21, but I didnt get them yet.
Old 12-02-06, 07:18 PM

I probably won't shop at Buy.com again once the deal is over with. Prices are higher than Amazon and the shipping is pretty slow for the price you actually pay for it. I also have to pay taxes on everything since they are located in CA.
Old 12-02-06, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Free shipping...placed the order, shipped the next day, got it the day after.
Old 12-02-06, 09:06 PM

I have only placed one order so far using Buy/Google. It took eight days for me to receive my order placed on Black Friday.
Old 12-02-06, 09:23 PM
Premium Member

Received 666 Likes on 448 Posts
Originally Posted by NeonGlow
I probably won't shop at Buy.com again once the deal is over with.
Until the next deal
Old 12-02-06, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great Bargain
Old 12-02-06, 10:07 PM

I've had a couple of orders that said they were shipped on 11/24, but according to the USPS tracking #, they have only been marked for pick-up, NOT actually picked -up. On the other hand, any thing that was shipped via UPS or other carrier(DHL, FedEx) has been received. Must be a Postal thing!!
Old 12-03-06, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by The Cow
Until the next deal
Too true in my case, but Buy has been noticeably slower than any other store that I've shopped with online, including Amazon.com (my favorite - stellar customer service and shipping turnaround (including FREE super shipping)) and DDD.com - spectacular sales).

Shipping notices have been trickling in over the week >week after I placed the order (although they stated 1-2 business days - I count that as Monday-Friday )

I won't complain too much as the Google Checkout has offered some *sweet* deals...or complain too loudly ;0

Last edited by Sparrow; 12-03-06 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-03-06, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually, it's DVDPlanet that I have issues with. Everyone has said what a great company and great service they have but so far I sure haven't seen it. I placed 1 order during the 20% off sale and got it a little slower than I expected but the real problem have been my Google orders there.
4 orders placed on 11/22, 1 order on 11/23, 1 order on 11/25 and 1 order on 11/28 plus 1 order I tried to cancel that they claimed was shipped. Not a single order has shipped according to my account and almost every title is showing as in stock and ships in 1-2 days. I can't wait to hear their explanation on Monday since they've been snowed out for the last 2 days.
Old 12-03-06, 12:58 AM

I had a dvd from buy.com that shipped on 11/3 and arrived on 11/28. I did have a couple of other buy.com orders placed and received within a reasonable amount of time in the interim.
Old 12-03-06, 08:55 AM

Cool, then I'm not alone. : ) Like I said, it's still worth it for the deals I obtained.
Old 12-03-06, 09:47 AM

I can't even get the google checkout screen to load on my computer at buy.com but it will at DVDPlanet, which is a good thing as I found DVD Planet had a better original price, forcing me to spend 10 dollars more on two orders but getting much more in the deal than had I been able to get through on buy. I do not understand how buy's google checkout would not load for me though.
Old 12-03-06, 10:58 AM

battlingbutler --- if you are on dial-up that could be the issue. There are other threads that discuss this, I think in the Bargain Forum within the threads that discuss the $10 off $30 Google checkout.

Try going to the library or at work or someone who has a high-speed connection. You should not have a problem then (of course, assuming that you are not putting pre-orders and other stuff that will not allow you to use Google checkout).
Old 12-03-06, 01:45 PM

I ordered bunch of dvd 10/12/06. Come nov 1st I filed a claim since 3 of 5 items didn't arrive. By the second week on nov I get the dvds from the claims dept. Nov 30-->the original package comes (invoice inside says ship 10/12/06 so that's media mail for you. a month and 3 weeks delivery time!! I know, I know, it is not buy.com's fault this time(unlike my current order which is apparently back ordered!!!)
Old 12-03-06, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by forumsmy
battlingbutler --- if you are on dial-up that could be the issue. There are other threads that discuss this, I think in the Bargain Forum within the threads that discuss the $10 off $30 Google checkout.

Try going to the library or at work or someone who has a high-speed connection. You should not have a problem then (of course, assuming that you are not putting pre-orders and other stuff that will not allow you to use Google checkout).
I am on dial-up and realize that that may be a problem but the google checkout will load pretty fast for me from dvdplanet but it will not load for buy. It seems to try for several minutes with buy but ultimately gives up. I eventually gave up and bought elsewhere as even if I could get through now, the prices of the purchases I was to have made in some other orders I attempted before the previously mentioned one have gone up considerably, making the 20 off of 50 dollar discount still cost more than some competitors.

I'd rather not use my library computers, some of them do not allow e-mail and online purchasing from their computers and others I would feel a bit leary of as they have removed the ability to delete cookies.
Old 12-03-06, 11:25 PM

I am also on dial-up and found that I had to try many many times to get it to go thru. Using the BACK button, refresh and such, especially after logging into Google checkout, I had to hit the BACK button to get to the final checkout page. (THis was a suggestion from another DVDTalk member that worked for me, mostly after alot of BACK and refreshes). Frustrating very much so, but I got some great deals before some of the prices went up, some did not on other things I wanted from books to DVD's to CD's and other stuff.

When I used a high-speed connection, I did not have these problems. (I did get an oops error once but that was it.)

Good Luck if you continue with buy.com. I am still going to try if the price is right.