DVD Talk
Official Wii thread 1.1 - Now Japan has them too. [Archive] - Page 3 - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Official Wii thread 1.1 - Now Japan has them too.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

DaveNinja
12-13-06, 10:59 AM
Have there been any reviews for Far Cry Wii?

PixyJunket
12-13-06, 11:14 AM
Likewise, any impressions on Super Swing Golf?

mrpayroll
12-13-06, 11:18 AM
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21691

European consumers snap up 325,000 Wii consoles in two days

Ellie Gibson 12:55 13/12/2006
Wii Play and Legend of Zelda most popular titles

Nintendo has announced that the Wii console has sold out in Europe, with 325,000 units snapped up in the two days following last Friday's launch.

That means the Wii now holds the title of fastest-selling home console in history across Europe - and not just in the UK.

First-party launch title The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was a big hit with consumers, shifting 240,000 copies over the launch weekend - meaning 74 per cent of those buying a console also bought the game.

Mini-game collection Wii Play, which comes bundled with a remote controller, was bought by more than 50 per cent of Wii purchasers

"Wii has become an overnight success in Europe with people of all ages rushing out to get their hands on the console," said Nintendo Europe marketing director Laurent Fischer.

"Even at this early stage it is clear that Wii is delivering on its promise to expand the gaming market, with a uniquely diverse audience all keen to experience the sensation for themselves."

Due to high demand for the console shop shelves remain empty at present, but Fischer pledged, "For those who were unable to buy Wii during the launch weekend, rest assured more stock is already on its way.

"We are doing everything possible to ensure that a steady supply of Wii units is shipped to stores across Europe throughout December and into 2007."

The arrival of the Wii was heralded with a launch event at HMV's flagship branch last week.

"The demand for Wii has been truly amazing, and the official launch at our Oxford Street store was one of the biggest events we've ever staged there," said Tim Ellis, head of games for HMV.

"HMV has received a huge amount of customer pre-orders - beyond anything we've ever seen before, including from family shoppers as well as dedicated Nintendo gamers.

"This suggests that while Wii is obviously one of the must-have items this Christmas, it also has the potential to appeal to a huge mainstream audience over the longer-term." (For more from Ellis, read our exclusive interview.)

The Wii launched in North America on November 19, where 600,000 consoles were sold in the first eight days following launch. It's also proved to be a hit in Japan, with the territory's allocation of 400,000 units flying off the shelves on day one.

Those greedy Europeans, no wonder I cannot find one! :grunt:

Chris

Jeremy517
12-13-06, 11:24 AM
Likewise, any impressions on Super Swing Golf?

29/40 from Famitsu, supposedly.

KurrptSenate
12-13-06, 12:03 PM
well, I CAN confirm Elebits came out today, as I have a new, sealed copy in front of my desk

edytwinky
12-13-06, 01:09 PM
I thought Super Swing Golf was pushed til later in the week.

KurrptSenate
12-13-06, 01:12 PM
I saw the box at the store, but I didn't see any physical copies. I think its actually out, though

sracer
12-13-06, 05:56 PM
In anticipation of the release of Opera for the Wii (on 12/23) I've begun to scope out free and small web servers. Why? Because I plan on running a web server on my home network as a "portal" for the Wii. Depending upon the capabilities of Opera for Wii, I want to make a Media Center-esque portal to share my media on the Wii. (it will be able to share photos at the very least)

If anyone else is interested, here's a free web server that is light on resources:
http://www.aprelium.com/

MEJHarrison
12-13-06, 06:28 PM
I thought we were done for Christmas after finding a second remote and nunchuck. Then we got a new TV, so I ordered the component cables from Nintendo today. Hopefully they'll arrive in time to play with on Christmas day.

My wife also picked up Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam today. I love Tony Hawk games, but wasn't impressed with what I've been hearing about it. Does anyone have any opinions of it? I had planned to just skip it, but she wanted to surprise me and I couldn't tell her the reviews I've heard haven't been favorable.

Anyone have any experiences with young kids? My youngest is 4. I'm sure something like Zelda will be too advanced for him, but what about some of the other games? We have Wii Sports (of course), Zelda, Excite Truck and now Tony Hawk. I'm sure he'll love playing the Wii. He loves his brothers game boy. Is obsessed with it actually. Last weekend we found him under the covers playing it at 3am. -eek- Of course we now know to put it up for the night when his time is up. Anyway, the point is, I'm hoping there are games he'll actually be able to grasp rather than just running around not really knowing what he's doing.

SmackDaddy
12-13-06, 06:40 PM
Mercury Meltodown is coming to the Wii !! Read about it over at ign.com That was one of the main reasons I kept my PSP as long as I did. The Wii version, according to the article, is supposed to have over 150 levels!

I really loved that game, but not enough to keep my PSP. I was hoping it would make it over to the DS, but I'll take on the Wii !

edytwinky
12-13-06, 08:32 PM
When playing Gamecube games on the Wii, is there a way to go back to the Wii Menu? It seems like my Wii-mote doesn't respond when I'm playing GC games. I usually have to just reset my Wii.

Chroma914
12-13-06, 08:52 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend me a good game to get for Wii - I am at nerves end with the World 5 boss in Super Monkey Ball (honestly the cheapest boss I've encountered in years in gaming), and am trading in the game for something else.

I was thinking either Trauma Center or Rayman, but for every positive I read about these 2 games, I read 2 more negatives. What do you guys think? Which game would you get? And if you have any other suggestions besides the 2 games I mentioned, feel free to mention them.

outer-edge
12-13-06, 09:23 PM
Anyone have any experiences with young kids? My youngest is 4. I'm sure something like Zelda will be too advanced for him, but what about some of the other games? We have Wii Sports (of course), Zelda, Excite Truck and now Tony Hawk. I'm sure he'll love playing the Wii. He loves his brothers game boy. Is obsessed with it actually. Last weekend we found him under the covers playing it at 3am. -eek- Of course we now know to put it up for the night when his time is up. Anyway, the point is, I'm hoping there are games he'll actually be able to grasp rather than just running around not really knowing what he's doing.

My almost 3-year-old really enjoys Wii Sports and Excite Truck. Both are basic enough that he can grasp what he needs to do to control the game (though working towards a goal like winning is not something he cares about).

GreenMonkey
12-13-06, 10:40 PM
Tepid reviews indeed so far.

I didn't get Rayman Raving Rabbids based on reviews but I keep hearing people saying it's a blast.

Monkey Ball is getting beat up on, but honestly I consider the single player game secondary. Monkey Ball is all about the minigames. The single player game in Monkey Ball games just gets too hard for your average human being to defeat.

That said some of the minigames are kind of complicated with the new controls. A far cry from the simplicity of the old monkey ball minigames.

Talzin
12-13-06, 10:47 PM
I was thinking either Trauma Center or Rayman, but for every positive I read about these 2 games, I read 2 more negatives. What do you guys think? Which game would you get? And if you have any other suggestions besides the 2 games I mentioned, feel free to mention them.
To be honest I have only played the first operation in Trauma Center so far and it was enjoyable enough. My little sister has played game through the first ten or so operations and appeared to be enjoying herself. On Thanksgiving she went so far as to run through the first few a couple of times being getting a B-rank or better through the various difficulty levels.

eatntae
12-13-06, 11:35 PM
I rented Trauma Center, and had a blast with it during the first half of the game. However, the second half of the game was a little stale for me. After completing the main story, I was pretty much done with the game. I didn't want to go through it again and try to get higher rankings for each operation. I'm glad I rented it instead of actually buying it.

I'm still waiting for my local Blockbuster to get Rayman so I can rent it, but they say they have no idea if/when they'll get it in.

argh923
12-13-06, 11:36 PM
In anticipation of the release of Opera for the Wii (on 12/23) I've begun to scope out free and small web servers. Why? Because I plan on running a web server on my home network as a "portal" for the Wii. Depending upon the capabilities of Opera for Wii, I want to make a Media Center-esque portal to share my media on the Wii. (it will be able to share photos at the very least)

If anyone else is interested, here's a free web server that is light on resources:
http://www.aprelium.com/

Opera's being released on 12/23? Is this confirmed? That's a lot sooner than I expected...I know the Weather Channel launches on 12/20.

Vision of Love
12-14-06, 01:00 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how can I get the Wii Message Board to stop keeping track of my Wii activity? It never shows me anything interesting and I want it to stop cluttering my otherwise empty message board.

KurrptSenate
12-14-06, 07:30 AM
Elebits is so utterly amazing, I don't understand why everyone doesn't have a copy yet. I'm not just saying that either

spainlinx0
12-14-06, 07:41 AM
Whatever happened to the Nintendo component cables being available in stores? Has anyone seen them yet?

The Bus
12-14-06, 07:44 AM
Elebits is so utterly amazing, I don't understand why everyone doesn't have a copy yet. I'm not just saying that either

Is it $50-amazing? $50-that-could-buy-any-number-of-other-games-on-other-systems-I-haven't-played-yet amazing?

Aside from Zelda, I didn't get that vibe from any Wii game.

KurrptSenate
12-14-06, 07:44 AM
i heard from a gamestop manager that they won't be available for retail purchase until January

Josh H
12-14-06, 07:47 AM
Is it $50-amazing? $50-that-could-buy-any-number-of-other-games-on-other-systems-I-haven't-played-yet amazing?

Aside from Zelda, I didn't get that vibe from any Wii game.

Yeah, there's not much that gets me that vibe outside of Mario, Zelda and Metroid.

I figure it will be DS, virtual console and getting through a stack of PC games a friend lent me after I finish up Zelda as I see nothing else worth $50 so I'll be waiting for some price drops.

KurrptSenate
12-14-06, 07:48 AM
I'd say Elebits is about $75 amazing...

the controls are a staple of what Wii games can, and should be. If you've played Red Steel, well, you get the opposite side of the spectrum.

The environments + original game play are truely addictive. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I enjoyed a tutorial in a game, especially to this level.

If that doesn't peak your interest, how about the most insane level creation to date, not to mention you can upload levels to a friend to play or edit himself.

I can honestly see people spending 15-20 hours making their own levels in the game

Canis Firebrand
12-14-06, 07:49 AM
I received my Component cables yesterday. Boy, they sure do make a difference on an HDTV. The graphics look pretty crisp and aren't as "fuzzy"

I also picked up Elebits. Haven't opened it yet. But I got it for half off using a coupon I had and a small gift card.

How are levels in Elebits shared? Via memory card to friends, or is there a way to send them via a Wii message to someone?

KurrptSenate
12-14-06, 07:52 AM
you're supposed to be able to send them online. I need to swap codes with someone who has it, so i can try it out for sure...

preferably someone with an xbox live account, so we can chat and get it working properly.

I fooled around for about 20 minutes with the level creation mode and I was absolutely floored!

Canis Firebrand
12-14-06, 08:01 AM
Well.. perhaps I'll open my game and throw it in.

Both my Wii code and Xbox gamertag are in my signature. Feel free to add both.

KurrptSenate
12-14-06, 08:21 AM
awesome :D

I honestly don't know what my Wii code is, but I can check for ya tonight. My LIVE! gamer tag is the same as my name here (kurrptsenate)

I didn't get too far in the game as I only beat the first boss. I can expect to spend quite a lot of time getting used to creating levels, and then setting it up to perfection. It will probably take about an hour or 2 to get the full swing of things, but it would be nice to get it working first, then move on from there

Sominex
12-14-06, 08:28 AM
Nintendo S-VIDEO Cables

Well..... I don't have a flat panel TV or HD TV so I really can't take advantage of the Component cables. So I got myself the last pair of S-Video cables at BestBuy last night. I am very happy with the picture compared to the composite cables.

With all this hype you guys have almost tempted me to go out and get a flat panel TV and some component cables. Almost anyway

So to those out there with a regular standard TV, get the S-Video cables. You'll be happy!

KurrptSenate
12-14-06, 08:32 AM
mine's not an HDTV, but it has enhanced definition, or component hook-ups to run in 480p. I know how much it improved my picture for my 360, and I'm waiting impatiently for my component cables.

I actually have 2 sets being shipped to me. Ill probably sell the second one to arrive ASAP

aerobson
12-14-06, 08:34 AM
I bought Elebits last night, mostly because I had some Reward Zone certificates to use. It's a really fun game. Here are my thoughts so far.

First off, it's fun. A lot of fun. I played last night for about 45 minutes. By the end of the 45 minutes, my wrist and fingers were sore. I'm not sure that is a good thing, but I'm sure it is something I will grow used to over time. I hope. The training session is extensive, a bit too much for my taste. It took a long time, but I will say that I was prepared to play after I completed the training.

I only played throught the first two levels before quitting. The controls are excellent. It's really just an FPS game in a sort of childish way. The wii-mote is the most responsive that I have seen so far, and I own 8 Wii games already. The elebits are rather small, but I had no trouble pinpointing them with the wii-mote. It is a lot of fun to use your Ghostbuster-esque photon beam to grab things in a room and throw them around. The levels are really trashed after your time is up. There are 30 levels altogether. I'm hoping the difficult will increase because I easily cleared the levels on the first try.

I think the multiplayer is where it's at with this game. I did not play the multiplayer yet, but I can definitely see the potential. I imagine it is going to get quite chaotic with four players throwing things around a room simultaneously. Also, there is a level editor that allows you to use the existing level designs and add your own items and elebits. The levels you create can be posted online for friends and others to play. Kinda neat.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun in the 45 minutes I played. I can see getting a lot of play out of this title and I'm anxious to play the multiplayer and level creator.

Canis Firebrand
12-14-06, 08:35 AM
Well, my component cables arrived yesterday. Let me echo the statements that the picture looks much better.

I was using the standard rca cables that came with the Wii in my HDTV. The picture always looked a bit fuzzy and not as crisp.

With the component cables, everything is sharp and crisp. A great improvement and invenstment. $30 at the Nintendo store wasn't too bad. Though it would have been nice if the Wii came with the cable already. Oh well..

aerobson
12-14-06, 08:39 AM
Nintendo S-VIDEO Cables

Well..... I don't have a flat panel TV or HD TV so I really can't take advantage of the Component cables. So I got myself the last pair of S-Video cables at BestBuy last night. I am very happy with the picture compared to the composite cables.

With all this hype you guys have almost tempted me to go out and get a flat panel TV and some component cables. Almost anyway

So to those out there with a regular standard TV, get the S-Video cables. You'll be happy!

Thanks for the advice. I have the component cables hooked up on one tv in my house, but I've used up all of the component inputs on another tv that I may use to play with my Wii. I didn't really want to invest the money in a component splitter box of some sort and additional component cables. I may get the S-video cables instead. The tv will only be used occasionally. These may work perfectly. The composite cables look terrible.

KurrptSenate
12-14-06, 08:42 AM
The difficulty in Elebits goes way up after the second level.

They start limiting the amount of noise you can do, and the amount of objects you can break.

An example would be, when you are just randomly hurling objects out of the way, searching in a Double Dare-esque fashion, you might throw some plates or cups. If you break too many on those certain levels, you fail instantly.

With the noise, every action you do registers on the dB meter. If it goes above 60 dB at any one time, you lose a notch. After 10 notches, you lose.

I won't give the boss fight away in the first world, but I managed to beat him with only 7 seconds left the first time I played him.

Canis Firebrand
12-14-06, 08:57 AM
Best Buy has a switchbox that handles component cables and comes with a set as well. It's only $25.

Sominex
12-14-06, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the advice. I have the component cables hooked up on one tv in my house, but I've used up all of the component inputs on another tv that I may use to play with my Wii. I didn't really want to invest the money in a component splitter box of some sort and additional component cables. I may get the S-video cables instead. The tv will only be used occasionally. These may work perfectly. The composite cables look terrible.

Glad my post gave you some help!

On another note you can get a pretty simple component selector box from Gamestop for around $20-$24 that comes with a set of cables (to hook the box up to the TV). In fact I don't even need the component cables that came with the selector. If I can find them and you'd like them I am happy to mail them to you. I'll let ya know!

slop101
12-14-06, 09:53 AM
Even though I've had my Wii for a few weeks now, I've been kinda holding off from really playing it until I got component cables - well, they came yesterday! The difference is amazing. I can't wait to relly dive into Zelda now.

Also, is anyone else really excited for the Metal Slug collection coming out today?
I LOVE the series, and can't wait to get it - I guess it has all sort of crazy control options using the remote, but I think I'll just use my wavebird - which, BTW works great on Gunstar Heroes, wich was my first virtual console purchase.

mather
12-14-06, 10:13 AM
Is Metal Slug really coming out today? It's one of the titles that I wanted to play. Too bad I pre-ordered and it's still not shipping to me yet. :(

slop101
12-14-06, 10:35 AM
Is Metal Slug really coming out today?
Some stores should have it today, and most sotres by tomorrow.

jdpatri
12-14-06, 10:36 AM
Nintendo S-VIDEO Cables

I still haven't seen these S-Video cables in any B&M. I'll try to run over to Target after work today to pick up Elebits. Maybe they'll have 'em...

One of these days I'll actually replace that Wega behemoth in my living room with something... more... well... HD. As long as I can find enough people to help me carry it out!

Josh H
12-14-06, 10:41 AM
The only place I've seen the React S-video cables is Best Buy. Haven't seen them in Circuit City or Target yet.

Sominex
12-14-06, 10:56 AM
I still haven't seen these S-Video cables in any B&M. I'll try to run over to Target after work today to pick up Elebits. Maybe they'll have 'em...

One of these days I'll actually replace that Wega behemoth in my living room with something... more... well... HD. As long as I can find enough people to help me carry it out!

Hey, stick with Bestbuy, I don't think other stores are carrying these cables yet. I just checked the bestbuy website for ya and they DO have them in stock online and estimated delivery date is between 12/18 and 12/23 (if you ordered today).

It's not a bad deal for $19.99

Plus, Bestbuy carries those Wii base stand/organizers. They are kinda cool

jdpatri
12-14-06, 11:14 AM
Hey, stick with Bestbuy, I don't think other stores are carrying these cables yet. I just checked the bestbuy website for ya and they DO have them in stock online and estimated delivery date is between 12/18 and 12/23 (if you ordered today).

It's not a bad deal for $19.99

Plus, Bestbuy carries those Wii base stand/organizers. They are kinda cool

Yeah, that's sound logic. I may just order them online. I've still got that $20 GC from Target from launch day that I need to spend. It all seemed like a good deal until I realized, I never shop at Target! At least I should be able to find Elebits.

Mok
12-14-06, 03:32 PM
I just received my component cables, and all I can say is. What is up with the jaggies. I never noticed them with the composite cables. I guess I have to fiddle around with my tv settings.

flashburn
12-14-06, 03:44 PM
I just received my component cables, and all I can say is. What is up with the jaggies. I never noticed them with the composite cables. I guess I have to fiddle around with my tv settings.
You didn't notice them because with the composite cables everything is a blurry mess.

Jeremy517
12-14-06, 03:53 PM

You did change the Wii setting, right?

edytwinky
12-14-06, 05:00 PM
Tried asking earlier but we'll try again: When playing Gamecube games on the Wii, is there a way to go back to the Wii Menu? It seems like my Wii-mote doesn't respond when I'm playing GC games. I usually have to just reset my Wii.

Demontooth
12-14-06, 05:16 PM
There is no way to go back. When you put a gamecube game in, the wii becomes a gamecube. You have to turn it off and turn it back on.

Mok
12-14-06, 05:20 PM
You did change the Wii setting, right?

Yes I did, I mean the screen and colors look a lot better. I just hate the jaggies there kind of distracting to my eye.

Anubis2005X
12-14-06, 05:36 PM
Should I return Trauma Center??

I ordered it with the Walmart bundle a few weeks ago. However, I did so under the assumption that "Second Opinion" meant it was a sequel. I already have the DS version, and love it. But is this remake different enough that I'll enjoy it as a fresh, new experience? In other words, you guys who have played both, will it feel like "been there, done that?"

Supermallet
12-14-06, 05:45 PM
I enjoyed both versions, and think they're both worth keeping.

Gromit
12-14-06, 07:12 PM
Is Metal Slug really coming out today? It's one of the titles that I wanted to play. Too bad I pre-ordered and it's still not shipping to me yet. :(

I saw Metal Slug at Walmart on Wednesday.

slop101
12-14-06, 10:17 PM
There is no way to go back. When you put a gamecube game in, the wii becomes a gamecube. You have to turn it off and turn it back on.Or you could just eject the GC disc, and you'll get the Wii menu.

So I got the Metal Slug collection for the Wii, and here are my initial impressions:

If you like side-scrolling shooters at all, then this is a must own.

You get six and a half of the tightest, best animated side-scrolling shooters ever made for only $40. AFAIK, the games are complete (the blood is all there, in each game), and there doesn't seem to be anything missing.

There are many, many ways to control the game, but I mostly reccomend the wave-bird, because even though controlling with the Wii-remote is fine for moving/shooting/jumping, you have to "flick" it to throw a grenade, wich works sometimes - the worst part is that in the heat of battle, it's just not reliable enough. There's no usable control scheme with the remote that doesn't use "flick" for grenades (not even with the nunchuk) and it won't let you map functions onto the remote. So the wave-bird is the only real feasable option - which you can map button functions on. If they let you use the Wii remote and/or nunchuks with grenades mapped to a button, this would be a non-issue. Oh and the "tilt" and "arcade" controlls are pretty much unplayable.

But once you get the controlls down, the game plays wonderfully, with no slow down and very few load times.
It looks good, but with the component cables, it's jaggie-city. Actually, MS1 is the only real jaggies-offender, and each game looks less jaggie than the one before it, with MS6 having virtually no jaggies, as it has higher resolution sprites.

Anywho, if you're familiar with Metal Slug, you know what you're getting and this is a very solid package with great versions of the games. If you consider that a single one of these on a NeoGeo cart went for well over $100 (if you could find one), this is an absolute steal.

lordwow
12-14-06, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the review slop, I will consider picking this up when it drops to $20ish.

Josh H
12-14-06, 10:31 PM
I'm assuming the classic controller will work with it as well?

I hate the d-pad on the Wavebird. The CC is great for Gunstar Heroes on the VC, so I'd love to use it for MS when it drops to $20.

edytwinky
12-14-06, 11:26 PM
Rented Trauma Center and it's pretty addicting. Too bad it's only a one player game or I'd consider purchasing it.

NiCK Crush
12-14-06, 11:47 PM
this is getting ridiculous... all i want to do is get online with my Wii and access the virtual console... when is the official USB ethernet wired adapter coming out?

i simply cannot get passed the Testing connection phase... i feel like ive done absolutely everything.

-NiCK

Outlaw
12-15-06, 01:17 AM
I had that problem, I had to change my wireless routers channel setting to 11 and it worked magically. Try it. I have a DI-642+

aerobson
12-15-06, 05:25 AM
Looks like Nintendo decided to save a few TVs and have recalled the wii-mote straps in favor of a more durable version.:thumbsup:

Hopefully it's an easy process.

Link (http://www.comcast.net/news/technology/index.jsp?cat=TECHNOLOGY&fn=/2006/12/15/542433.html&cvqh=itn_wiirecall)

3.2M Straps for Wii Controllers Recalled
By HANS GREIMEL, Associated Press Writer
3 hours ago

TOKYO - Nintendo said Friday it will replace 3.2 million straps for its popular Wii computer game controllers after the Japanese gamemaker received a rash of reports that the device flew out of the hands of enthusiastic players.

The wand-like remote controller is used to mimic the motions of a tennis racket, golf club or sword, depending on the game.

But soon after the Wii went on sale last month, people started reporting cases of the controller's strap breaking as they waved it about vigorously.

Nintendo will offer customers to exchange the old straps, which have a 0.6 millimeter (0.024 inch) diameter, for a beefed up strap that has a diameter of 1 millimeter (0.04 inch), company spokesman Yasuhiro Minagawa said. The worldwide recall is expected to cost the company several million dollars.

"People tended to get a bit excited, especially while playing Wii sports and in some cases the control would come loose from their hands," Minagawa said. "The new strap will be almost twice as thick."

The controls is one of the unique features of the Wii, which Nintendo introduced as its counterchallenge in a fierce three-way battle with Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3 and Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360.

Nintendo is hoping the ease of the controls will draw a new generation of players.

The company also recalled 200,000 AC adapters for its DS and DS Lite consoles in Japan on Friday. Nintendo said the recall would not affect adapters overseas, and officials expected only a small impact on earnings.

That recall will cost Nintendo about $1 million.

aerobson
12-15-06, 05:29 AM
Replacement Form (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/strapreplace.jsp)

Submitted mine this morning. Looks like they will ship the week of December 21st. Limit 4.:sad: I ordered replacement straps and I have 6 wii-motes, so I have 10 sets of old straps, not counting the straps that come with the gloves. I wonder how I get all of them replaced.:shrug:

chrisih8u
12-15-06, 05:38 AM
I guess Im the only one that doesnt bother to use the straps? I took em off the first day.

aerobson
12-15-06, 05:41 AM
I guess Im the only one that doesnt bother to use the straps? I took em off the first day.

You're not playing with a several thousand dollar HDTV in front of you, are you?

chrisih8u
12-15-06, 06:10 AM
Not several thousand, but I did spend over $1500 for it a few years ago.

Demontooth
12-15-06, 06:15 AM
If you have any kids playing with your wii -eek- you might as well take a hammer to that TV.

chrisih8u
12-15-06, 06:16 AM
No kids (yet), just me and my wife. I have never even come close to letting of the remote. :shrug:

Demontooth
12-15-06, 08:02 AM
I haven't either, but it only takes once.

steebo777
12-15-06, 08:04 AM
I never used the straps either as it is a nuissance. I have a 110" front projection home theater that I'm playing my Wii on, and I wouldn't think twice about using a strap. I honestly don't get why so many people are throwing the Wiimote through screens. Just hold on to it, it's not that hard. :)

KurrptSenate
12-15-06, 08:10 AM
i know the strap saved my fiancee once...

PixyJunket
12-15-06, 08:11 AM
I haven't had and don't think I'd ever have any problems with the remotes or straps (even playing several rounds of drunken bowling and golf) but I'll go ahead and score some replacements anyway.. better safe than sorry I suppose. Props to Nintendo for taking care of the "problem."

Josh H
12-15-06, 08:12 AM
I haven't had and don't think I'd ever have any problems with the remotes or straps (even playing several rounds of drunken bowling and golf) but I'll go ahead and score some replacements anyway.. better safe than sorry I suppose. Props to Nintendo for taking care of the "problem."

Yep, will get them myself. Never know how people will be swinging them around when drunk.

KurrptSenate
12-15-06, 08:19 AM
if they are replacing straps on the Wii gloves, will they give you the same color to go with it?

PixyJunket
12-15-06, 08:21 AM
if they are replacing straps on the Wii gloves, will they give you the same color to go with it?The gloves aren't Nintendo products, they're replacing the stock straps that came with the initial shipments of remotes.

Michael Corvin
12-15-06, 08:24 AM
Well damn. I was going to go ahead and submit but I need my serial number(I'm at work). I registered on Nintendo.com but wouldn't you know they don't let you see that number once you input it. :ohbfrank:

I guess I wait until later.

Daryl
12-15-06, 08:24 AM
If you have any kids playing with your wii -eek- you might as well take a hammer to that TV.
no doubt. I have a 3 and a 5 year old. The strap has saved my TV at least 10-15 times playing Wii Bowling (of course it didn't save my TV when my 3 year old threw his sippy cup at it, which tore the screen a little, but I digress...)

KurrptSenate
12-15-06, 08:25 AM
actually, the gloves are nintendo, first party products. what are you talking about?

jeffdsmith
12-15-06, 08:29 AM
I'm not going to bother asking for a replacement, the straps I have now work fine. That and I don't play like a crazed money on crack. Hell my five and three year old nephews handle the wiimotes with no problem, I personally feel as though replacing the straps is a waste of my time and of our money.

Michael Corvin
12-15-06, 08:32 AM
actually, the gloves are nintendo, first party products. what are you talking about?

They have the Nintendo Quality seal, but they are not official Nintendo products, they are made by a different company.

Josh H
12-15-06, 08:34 AM

I don't think so. I think the are 3rd party and just licensed by Nintendo so they can use the logo.

KurrptSenate
12-15-06, 08:37 AM
you may be right, but why license a product, then not support it with the same offer?

Josh H
12-15-06, 08:39 AM
you may be right, but why license a product, then not support it with the same offer?

Because they don't make it, it's the third party's responsibility to license it as they see fit.

That and it's not as much of a risk as the whole point of the glove is that they are rubbery making it unlikely to fly out of your hand anyway.

KurrptSenate
12-15-06, 08:42 AM
i was just wondering because I bought my girl a pink one yesterday...

PixyJunket
12-15-06, 08:42 AM
you may be right, but why license a product, then not support it with the same offer?Um, because Nintendo didn't make them..? Would you expect Sony to replace a third party memory card that goes bad? No. If you need new straps for the gloves contact the company that actually made them.

Demontooth
12-15-06, 09:31 AM
Hands get sweaty, people get drunk, some people are just stupid. I had 4 kids under the age of 11 playing the other night. I was reminding them to tighten the wrist strap after every round of bowling.

PixyJunket
12-15-06, 10:05 AM
Cool! The store I have some credit in has Super Swing Golf! I'm on my way to pick it up in 30.

fujishig
12-15-06, 11:10 AM
The wii glove straps are pretty useless anyway, since there's no way to tighten them at all...

The Bus
12-15-06, 11:33 AM
Just use the replacement strap.

The gloves are hand-down awesome. A bit of a pain to change batteries but anyone used to quickly taking on and off spandex pleather stockings shouldn't have a problem.

I mean, er...

argh923
12-15-06, 11:37 AM
I've never even used the strap, and don't plan to. Don't have kids, so that's not an issue...and this is despite playing in front of my 37" LCD.

KurrptSenate
12-15-06, 11:57 AM
my local EB Games just got some Wiimotes and nunchuks, so i picked up a second nunchuk to complete that set, + another one when Wiiplay finally hits the states

fujishig
12-15-06, 12:40 PM
Just use the replacement strap.

The gloves are hand-down awesome. A bit of a pain to change batteries but anyone used to quickly taking on and off spandex pleather stockings shouldn't have a problem.

I mean, er...

I agree, the gloves are a perfect fit, and it's not like I need two straps anyway... though I haven't needed to change batteries yet, or played a game where I needed to access the small buttons quickly.

slop101
12-15-06, 12:44 PM
Before I set out looking for one, how easy/hard is it to find the classic controller in a store? Should I try a place like Best Buy or Gamestop? Or online?

tanman
12-15-06, 12:44 PM
I ordered replacement straps. I think it is great that Nintendo took care of it right away.

I finally got my Wii online so add me please :)

l
l
l
v

Josh H
12-15-06, 12:45 PM
Before I set out looking for one, how easy/hard is it to find the classic controller in a store? Should I try a place like Best Buy or Gamestop? Or online?

Very hard to find.

Just watch online, they've been popping up every few days on gamestop.com (where I got mine) and I saw on CAG that Circuit City had some online last night so you might want to check there as well.

KurrptSenate
12-15-06, 12:47 PM
my local store has a bunch of classic controllers. They seem to be the easiest for me to find, anyway

Josh H
12-15-06, 12:49 PM
Yeah, stock will always vary by area. I still haven't seen a CC in store around here.

KurrptSenate
12-15-06, 12:50 PM
i see...

they probably came down a TON on ebay, if you need one that bad.

KurrptSenate
12-15-06, 12:51 PM
yea man, they are all going for about 20-22 on ebay, after shipping

slop101
12-15-06, 01:04 PM
But I want one NOW!

God, I'm such a spoiled bitch...

KurrptSenate
12-15-06, 01:05 PM
hahaha

thats the american way bro

NiCK Crush
12-15-06, 01:05 PM
I had that problem, I had to change my wireless routers channel setting to 11 and it worked magically. Try it. I have a DI-642+

ive tried every channel setting :(

-NiCK

jdpatri
12-15-06, 01:13 PM
Very hard to find.

Just watch online, they've been popping up every few days on gamestop.com (where I got mine) and I saw on CAG that Circuit City had some online last night so you might want to check there as well.

Ordered mine with a nunchuk from TRU online with the 10 off 30 google coupon. Should arrive any day. Great success.

Talzin
12-15-06, 01:14 PM
I went ahead and filled out the form for replacement straps as a few of those who come over to play can be a bit energetic in their arm motions. To be honest though, the closest problem of this sort we had was when I took the system over to someone's apartment and more people sat on their couch than is safe for tennis leading to one or two bumped arms before they rearranged.

NiCK Crush
12-15-06, 01:24 PM
im also using Comcast wireless.... have anyone had troubles with them while trying to connect their Wii?

-NiCK

KurrptSenate
12-15-06, 01:26 PM
nah, and I do the comcast wireless thing too. I use a linksys wrt54g router, and have had no problems at all

Supermallet
12-15-06, 01:46 PM
I'm not getting the replacement straps. No need.

The Bus
12-15-06, 02:01 PM
I went ahead and filled out the form for replacement straps as a few of those who come over to play can be a bit energetic in their arm motions. To be honest though, the closest problem of this sort we had was when I took the system over to someone's apartment and more people sat on their couch than is safe for tennis leading to one or two bumped arms before they rearranged.

That's probably my only complaint. For city dwellers (especially Tokyo and Manhattan) the Wii is by far the most expensive console ever, more than the PS3. Why? Simply because if you're going to play a 4-player game of tennis, you need some massive conference-room sized square footage to be able to get everyone to see the TV without a problem. I mean it works in regularly sized rooms but you need a lot of space to be able to play without knocking into someone or something.

slop101
12-15-06, 02:17 PM
People still can't seem to understant that you don't need to move anything but your wrist. How are you going to fling the controller or bump into someone with just a fling of a wrist?

Demontooth
12-15-06, 02:24 PM
People still can't seem to understant that you don't need to move anything but your wrist. How are you going to fling the controller or bump into someone with just a fling of a wrist?

Kids and drunk people

Josh H
12-15-06, 02:30 PM
It's not much fun to play wii sports without doing the full motions IMO.

So that does require some space for multiple players. People still shouldn't be breaking straps though as their is no need to swing super hard nor to let go of the controller.

PixyJunket
12-15-06, 03:08 PM
Okay, here are some quick Super Swing Golf impressions.

Super Short and Sweet Version:
Do you like Hot Shots Golf or Mario Golf?
If you answered yes, then you'll like this game too!

In comparison to Wii Sports Golf, this one controls with the Wii remote much more like a real golf club. In Wii Sports, you can basically flick your wrist to make a swing. Here, you actually have to aim the remote down, pull back and swing forward in a circular motion. Unlike Wii Sports, the power of your shot is still "clickable," for lack of a better term. Basically, you pull back the remote until you land on your desired power and then hit A, that "locks" in your power though there is still variance in how slow or fast you swing forward. SSG also detects your left and right angle.. so for a straight shot you have to swing forward straight. The rest of the controls are basically as simple as Wii Sports, up and down to select a club, left and right to aim. B for free camera, 1 for full map.

The game has a lot of arcade style stuff. You earn money as you play, clean shots, nice approaches, etc. all earn bonus bling, and bling is used to buy characters, outfits, customizations, balls, etc. I only played two quick match games, so I can't go into the story modes and all that..

I do have a few complaints though.. there's a full roster of characters but you start with one boy and one girl character, I guess the rest are unlocked; this is a bummer in my opinion as it leaves little variety in multi-player until you unlock other characters (well, this is another assumption as I haven't played a multi-player game yet). Secondly, I actually prefer how Wii Sports handles the power.. what I liked is that it added a level of unpredictability to your shots, unlike Hot Shots and Mario where you can "click" the perfect shot each and every time. Now, that doesn't mean you can make perfect shots left and right here.. but there does seem to be a bit of a "comfort zone" in clicking the power of your shot before making the actual swing. Finally, putting. Putting is Wii Sports handled a little like actual putting in that you have to make a tapping motion with the remote. Is SSG it acts identically to a regular swing.. not major, but the difference in remote usage on Wii Sports really added a nice level to it.

So far, so good. It's basically Mario Golf before Mario Golf actually comes out, in my opinion.. so if you like that, this is good bet for you. If you want real golf.. I'm sure EA will have a few coming out every year, so I'd say pass if you want Tiger Woods. The swinging controls are much more immersive than Wii SPorts (minus putting) and there's something like 99 holes here as opposed to 9. Plus, once everything is unlocked, creating custom characters should add a little flair to multi-player games.

KurrptSenate
12-15-06, 03:39 PM
definitely seems like an interesting game. I would probably trade off some games to get it, but I think my brother will probably pick it up before I have the chance. Ill probably check it out when he comes over, and make a final decision then

CRM114
12-15-06, 03:53 PM
Just FYI. Don't know whether its an issue anymore or not.

I ordered a Wii Component cable on Dec 3 from Nintendo and received it today, Dec. 15.

Josh H
12-15-06, 04:28 PM
Damn, Prince of Persia Wii is just a remake of The Two Thrones with Wii controls added in. :(

I've not played TTT so I may still check it out, but Ubisoft is being pretty lazy lately with Wiimakes and halfassed games.

aktick
12-15-06, 04:42 PM
Nunchucks - anywhere? Can't find a 2nd at all. Boooooo.

Component cables - saw they had some of the React brand ones at BB today, so picked them up. $25. Just as good as any others?

Talzin
12-15-06, 04:49 PM
That's probably my only complaint. For city dwellers (especially Tokyo and Manhattan) the Wii is by far the most expensive console ever, more than the PS3. Why? Simply because if you're going to play a 4-player game of tennis, you need some massive conference-room sized square footage to be able to get everyone to see the TV without a problem. I mean it works in regularly sized rooms but you need a lot of space to be able to play without knocking into someone or something.
The specific couch I was mentioning was a two-seater that four people were trying to sit on but your point can still be valid. A lot of the people that play my system have done so in a rather limited amount so there really has not been sufficient time for all of them to get a strong feel on when a wrist flick would be suited. Beyond that, the point that has been brought up previously is that half the fun for those not playing is watching enthusiastic players enjoying themselves.

Anyway, the problem of playing four-person tennis on a two-person couch was resolved by rearranging how people were sitting, though those involved were close enough that being a bit crowded on the seat was not a concern.

It did sound like earlier someone was operating under the impression that taking advantage of the cord recall required some sort of money & time on the user's end but to be honest I do not believe that to be the case. The form itself took less than a minute to fill out and submit and I saw no wording suggesting a responsibility for shipping. Granted, I may have been mistaken if the comment was concerning the time and money Nintendo will be putting into the recall in which case I have to say for the goodwill it will foster it will most likely be worth it to them.

jeffdsmith
12-15-06, 05:01 PM
It did sound like earlier someone was operating under the impression that taking advantage of the cord recall required some sort of money & time on the user's end but to be honest I do not believe that to be the case. The form itself took less than a minute to fill out and submit and I saw no wording suggesting a responsibility for shipping. Granted, I may have been mistaken if the comment was concerning the time and money Nintendo will be putting into the recall in which case I have to say for the goodwill it will foster it will most likely be worth it to them.

That was me, and I was referring to the fact that even though the recall may be "free" for users, we still have to pay for it some other way over time. ie higher VC costs, longer time to game price drops, etc. I did not mean to imply that users have to pay money today.

Talzin
12-15-06, 05:06 PM
That was me, and I was referring to the fact that even though the recall may be "free" for users, we still have to pay for it some other way over time. ie higher VC costs, longer time to game price drops, etc. I did not mean to imply that users have to pay money today.
Ah, a fair enough concern. Hopefully they will view bringing a near end to "Wiimote broke my tv" complaints as enough to balance the scales. Though all things considered if the article is indeed correct their cost is less than I would have expected.

blakader
12-15-06, 07:17 PM
One week before Wii launch I asked costco when the wii was coming in, the guy said they are getting bundles next sunday(launch day)

This was my first time getting a console at launch and I was the first person there launch morning. When the line was forming I got out of my car(it was raining) to wait the last hour.

The store opened we rushed in and, "sorry we don't have any Wii's in" One of the employees said, AARRRGGGGHHHHH

That realy ticked me off as they had to know we were waiting outside

I called Costco every day and found out that the wednesday after launch they were getting a shipment in.

I couldn't get away from work untill 10am and so I got there to see the last few walk out with there Wii console D'oh!!!!!!!

All the time a new gamestop is going into the mall, i was looking forword to it opening.

A week and a day later I was at work on my day off and was walking to the store for supplies and I see a guy in there, he tells me they are opening that afternoon, so I figure I would check out the store after work.

Around 3pm I am walking to gamestop and see a crowd waiting for them to open, the people tell me they are waiting for PS3 and Wii's, I ask the guy up front, how many Wii''s left?.........One

That sucker is mine, he says wait here as they are out of tickets so after a second I realise, I HAVE NO MONEY

My wife handles the money(she is a bookeeper accountant). I called her cell and she rushes down to pay for it. So I am waiting as they take the customers one at a time, I hope they don't change their mind and give it to someone with the cash on hand. just as I walk in and they get my Wii they say that they will start the transaction and wait for the money. Whew.

Then my wife shows up pays for it and Oh man finally! I feel so good taking it home

I later picked up Zelda and Excite truck and enjoy both games

CRM114
12-15-06, 10:28 PM
Seems to me that if you don't have a debit/credit card you shouldn't be dropping $375 on video games.

:shrug:

blakader
12-16-06, 12:17 AM
Seems to me that if you don't have a debit/credit card you shouldn't be dropping $375 on video games.

:shrug:

Thanks but it was 250 for the wii and I bought the games with trade-in credit.
Also the 250 was from a bonus check that was not planned for, but thanks for being so intersted in my finances :lol:

so I see your :shrug: and raise a :D2:

mrpayroll
12-16-06, 12:52 AM
http://dpad.gotfrag.com/wii/story/35840/

Nintendo Wii: Wii For $200? More Colors?By: David Light - Published December 14, 2006 at 4:00 PM EST - Writer ArchiveWhat's Nintendo's gameplan post-launch? A local Toys-R-Us may have let slip some yet-to-be-confirmed details for the Wii come Spring '07.Upon looking for a Wii at a regional Toys-R-Us store (which has been a constant effort), we happened by a very friendly, very chatty undisclosed manager. After talking to him a bit, the manager revealed a few things in light of the Wii consumer frenzy. He would go on to state that if they [the customers] would "just listen," they could get a "better system" in a few months.

A "better system?" As he would soon explain, Nintendo will be "relaunching" the Wii console sometime before or at the beginning of Spring 2007. The launch, which is said to see many different colors for the Wii system (as seen at E3), will also be accompanied by a hefty price drop from $250 to $200. For those that believe such a drop would be too radical, keep in mind Miyamoto's own statements that the original plan was to develop a system under $100. Also note that it is undetermined if the "better system" statement includes technical upgrades to the Wii, as recent rumors have suggested.

Currently, this is just word of mouth as it has yet to be confirmed by Nintendo, and no one should realistically expect any sort of confirmation until after the Holiday season (which was said to be the reason behind the original $250 tag). Though it does indeed deserve further investigation, especially considering we have yet to see the black, red and green Wiis shown off at E3, making the absence of color diversity very conspicuous during the Holidays; begging one to ask: "Why else would Nintendo hold them back?"

Many have speculated how well the Wii would do post-Holiday launch, and the idea of relaunching the system with more colors and an even cheaper price tag sounds like Nintendo's game. Coincidentally, this also coincides with Nintendo's already confirmed plan to kick-start WiiConnect24, the Wii's online service, with the release of several multi-player online games around Spring. Also coincidental (this one perhaps more unintentional), is the fact that the Halo 3 public beta test will also start around the same time.

We're not exactly chalking this one up as farce, but we've definitely called the rumor patrol in. These are still unsubstantiated claims by a source that is only human, thus not immune to misinterpretation and bad information... and even greed amidst the Holiday rush. Though as if it had to be said, the prospect of a $200 Wii and expanded color selection would be more cause for celebration among Nintendo fans.

Nintendo was unable to be reached for comment by press time.

Update: Wii Dissected; $158 Unit Cost - As it has been pointed out in light of recent discoveries, Nintendo could theoretically drop the price of the Wii to $200 and unbundle Wii Sports to make a profit margin for each unit that is relatively the same, albeit with more units sold, leading to the possibility of more games and accessories purchased. An interesting thought, for sure. But merely a thought.

Chris

tanman
12-16-06, 01:13 AM
Very interesting. I wonder how acurate that $158 figure is. I knew they were cheap to make and that they were actually making money on the console but I wasn't sure if it was that much. That has to be the biggest profit margin of any console. Haven't most consoles taken a bath at launch, at least until production costs lowers. Most people did think it would debut for $200 but I'm not sure a price reduction is necessary. Perhaps in an year when they can do a second launch with different colors. Doing it in spring I think would be too early and might cheapen the image of the system.

Whatever the case it is clear all three are running their own races instead of the neck and neck race of last year. None of this everyone has a price drop within days of each other. I truly believe this is the generation that will do the most good for the industry as each company have their own unique strengths. Nintendo being the most unique of course.

I can definately see the arguement that the PS3 is a better deal as you are getting an $800 system for $600 rather then a $150 system for $250.

I would still rather have the Wii.

edytwinky
12-16-06, 02:14 AM
Finally had my first unofficial Wii multiplayer night. We spent the entire night playing wii Sports. Now we're discussing getting another multiplayer game to play.

What would be better? Super Monkey Ball or Rayman?

Michael Corvin
12-16-06, 08:15 AM
Monkeyball garnered an hour of our time at my WiiParty before we moved on. Finding a decent minigame is a pain in the ass as it appears 80% of them are crap.

We booted up Rayman after that and spent a good 3 hours with it. Hands down, the winner. It should be noted though that not all the mini-games are simultaneous though, but some of the solo ones are just as hysterical watching others play. Also beware that you have to unlock EVERY multiplayer game by playing through the single player mode FIRST. So plan on spending some time on it about a week before your party if you want to use it as a multiplayer title. It only takes about 6 hours to beat the entire game though, so it isn't as bad as it sounds.

As for Nintendo dropping the price, I don't see it happening unless MS takes the first step with the 360. There is no need to. They can't keep them on the shelves and they are making a bundle on each one sold. I can see them doing new colors in the spring and price drop in the fall. UNLESS they are dropping WiiSports from the bundle, then I can see the $200 price. I think that would be a bad move though as it is a great title that has proven to get new people interested in the system. It also sets up a nice selling point/interest for WiiSports 2.

I also highly doubt Nintendo is losing millions on the strap replacement. They've only sold 1 million systems. That would mean it costs them $1 per strap. Sure there are the extra wiimotes but they were hardly 1:1. Lastly it probably costs them pennies to make them. I doubt they are even out a dime for four of them, and then $.75 cents to pack and ship.

Demontooth
12-16-06, 08:16 AM
I can definately see the arguement that the PS3 is a better deal as you are getting an $800 system for $600 rather then a $150 system for $250.

This statement doesn't make sense to me.

Michael Corvin
12-16-06, 08:17 AM
If you value Blu Ray then you are getting a deal. That is the only way I can figure. stand alone BR players are $1000. So right off the bat you save $400.

As a game console though, that argument doesn't hold.

taffer
12-16-06, 08:39 AM
Very interesting. I wonder how acurate that $158 figure is. I knew they were cheap to make and that they were actually making money on the console but I wasn't sure if it was that much.

I wouldn't be surprised if the production cost was $158 per console. The actual hardware isn't really any more powerful than the 5 year old Xbox console. The wiimote is the only thing that is really new and revolutionary.

jeffdsmith
12-16-06, 09:27 AM

I would still rather have the Wii.

As you point out in your final line, your former point only makes sense if there is actual games you want to play on the device.

Another interesting way of looking at it is how much money are you paying per game you play?

Anyway, I do expect a price rather early on, say summer 2007 to keep the volume high. Right now nintendo is capitalizing on demand at a "reasonable" level and making money up front. Later sales price wil align closer with cost and nintendo will pull in the cash from the software end. The only thing left they have to do this generation is provide compelling software for the system and they are guaranteed success. The controller, the lack of HD, weaker power, etc have all pretty much passed muster, people love the damn thing. If the games come, Nintendo is going to make lots of money. And that is why I bought Nintendo stock 6 months ago. :)

The Bus
12-16-06, 10:22 AM
I don't care what a system costs the manufacturer. The value is how much fun I am getting out of it, not how much XYZ Corp. paid to build it. The PS3 could cost $50,000 to Sony and if it was in its current state (to me) it's still nothing more than a Blu-Ray player with one good exclusive game and a reasonably exciting future library.

edytwinky
12-16-06, 10:31 AM
I don't care what a system costs the manufacturer. The value is how much fun I am getting out of it, not how much XYZ Corp. paid to build it. The PS3 could cost $50,000 to Sony and if it was in its current state (to me) it's still nothing more than a Blu-Ray player with one good exclusive game and a reasonably exciting future library.

Well put Bus. Value is all in the eye of the beholder.

Josh H
12-16-06, 10:36 AM

Exactly.

Though it does bother me a bit that Nintendo is possibly making nearly $100 on each console, as it seems like selling it at $200 and making nearly $50 would have been more than sufficient and I'd also apply the one good exclusive game and a reasonably exciting future library tag to the Wii as well right now.

lordwow
12-16-06, 11:10 AM

:thumbsup:

Liver&Onions
12-16-06, 11:24 AM
Thread getting too long. Time for a new one.