Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

AETV Daily Deals, Multi-Item Discounts & $1 Shipping!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a heads up, A&E/Biography/History Channel store has a promotion going called Countdown to Christmas, where they issue a new one-day-only deal every day. You can sign up for the daily deal e-mail or simply check the website each day to find out what that day's deal is (unless some VERY nice person were to make the effort necessary to post it here). For instance, today's daily deal is the WWII Collector's DVD Set for $71.98.

Now, they're also running a special promotion (that updates automatically as you add items to your cart) whereby you get an extra 20% off if you buy two items, or an extra 30% off if you buy three or more items! And yes, this works on clearance items!! (Offer ends 12/19/06).

Finally, they're offering $1 super saver shipping on your entire order!! All in all, not too shabby if you've got a history buff or two on your list!

My first order:

71010 The History Channel Presents: The Alamo 1 $6.29
71354 The Execution of Jesus DVD 1 $2.09
70289 The Great Escapes of WWII DVD ... 1 $10.46

-----------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total $18.84
Method of Shipping: SuperSaver
Shipping & Handling $1.00
Tax $0.00
Total $19.84

(According to their calculations, I saved $41.xx!!! Also, if you're a MyPoints shopper, be sure to get your 3 points per dollar!) Enjoy!!
Old 11-29-06, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Band of Brothers is 45 with this, Tommorow People Sets 1-2 are 16.79 each.

Also, if anyone is a big Da Vinci Code fan, you can get the movie and a box set of related dvds for just under 35$.
the Included dvds are:
Beyond The Da Vinci Code DVD
Templar Code (Part 1 & 2) DVD
The Da Vinci Code: Bloodlines DVD
Opus Dei: Unveiled DVD
Mary Magdalene: The Hidden Apostle DVD
The Holy Grail DVD

Last edited by starman9000; 11-29-06 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-30-06, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Today's deal:
The American Revolution DVD Collection
9 dvd set for 49.98

It is 34.29 if you get 3 items to get the additional 30% off.
Old 11-30-06, 09:20 AM

My Order

76779 American Revolution DVD Collection 34.29
71354 The Execution of Jesus 2.09
71943 Beyond the Da Vinci Code 2.79
74525 Da Vinci and the Code He Lived By 3.49
71457 Wilbur and Orville Wright 3.49
70688 The White House 5.24
Shipping 1.00
Total 52.39
Savings 148.00
Old 11-30-06, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

you can get FREE shipping ... EPRDAY
it still works
Old 12-01-06, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Todays deal:

A&E Network Studios: Romance Classics Collection 1 & 2 DVD Set
174.98 122.49 with addition 30% off.

This 28-volume DVD set includes:
Pride and Prejudice
Emma
Jane Eyre
Ivanhoe
Tom Jones
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Lorna Doone
Victoria and Albert
Horatio Hornblower: The Duel & The Fire Ships
Vanity Fair
Nicholas Nickleby
The Flame Trees of Thika
The Mayor of Casterbridge
Catherine The Great
Tess of the D'Urbervilles
The Great Gatsby

DVD Features:
Horatio Hornblower: About C.S. Forester; Nautical Terms and Definitions
Nicholas Nickleby: Charles Dickens episode of BIOGRAPHY
The Flame Trees of Thika: Elspeth Huxley Biography and Bibliography; Cast Biographies
The Mayor of Casterbridge: Thomas Hardy Biography and Bibliography
Catherine The Great: Cast Filmographies
The Great Gatsby: F. Scott Fitzgerald episode of Biography® from A&E®; Cast Filmographies

Ive got the first set and it is great. (also have a sealed one if anyone would like to buy it or trade for it)
Old 12-01-06, 09:07 AM

this should be a good deal. The Romance Classics Collection set 2 only is selling at $199.95 at PBS shop.
Old 12-01-06, 07:41 PM
Banned

There actually are some pretty good deals here if you order 3 or more. Here are a few others that you might use with (or without) the Romance Classics deal:

(Prices shown are after 30% off...shipping is $1)

Hornblower (complete 8-disc set...great!!) $29.37
Band of Brothers $38.46
Pride & Prejudice special collector's set $22.37
24 Season 5 (good price) $31.50
Look! Up in the Sky! (Superman story) $ 9.07
Pride & Prejudice (regular edition) $15.36

I am very tempted to order some of these. They have always had good packaging & quick shipping in my experience with them.
Old 12-02-06, 08:06 AM

After 30% discount (automatic) I bought ... Not bad for 160 bucks total.

1 71374 The World At War: Collector's Edition DVD set In Stock None $55.95 $39.17
1 72952 The 16-Ton Monty Python DVD Megaset 12/18/06 None $59.95 $41.96
1 71849 The French Revolution DVD In Stock None $15.95 $11.17
1 71081 Sapphire And Steel: The Complete Series DVD set In Stock None $99.95 $27.99
1 72051 Motorcycles DVD In Stock None $24.95 $5.24
1 71343 The Best of Thunderbirds DVD set In Stock None $19.95 $4.19
1 70067 The Unreal Story of Pro Wrestling DVD In Stock None $19.95 $3.49
1 70922 Terrahawks: The Complete DVD set In Stock None $99.95 $24.49

I am not a fan of A&E. Most of their dvds are chopped 4:3 versions, no subtitles, poor picture quality...

In case you are interested in tracking prices, I ordered following dvds in oct 06
71761 The History Channel Presents: The American Revolution DVD set 10/23/06 $79.95 1 No $31.98
74072 Horatio Hornblower Collector's Edition DVD Set 10/23/06 $79.95 1 No $31.98

Last edited by bohemian1; 12-02-06 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-02-06, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That Python price is great. I wish I didn't have the 14 disc fat one. If I though I could sell it for a reasonable price I would probably make the upgrade.
Old 12-02-06, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Today's deal is The Presidential Collection for $44.98.

This set includes:

The Presidents DVD set
Great Monuments of Washington D.C.
The Presidential Memorials DVD

THE PRESIDENTS is based on the acclaimed book (To the Best of My Ability).

Gain unprecedented access to some of the most secure and meaningful structures in the country.

A full dozen DVDs make up this comprehensive collection.

The President of the United States is arguably the most powerful person in the world. THE PRESIDENTS is an epic examination of the history of the office - and the wide variety of men who have occupied it - that breaks new ground in political documentary. This exclusive set, both scholastically rigorous and dramatically entertaining, includes a beautiful behind-the-scenes survey of the magnificent stone and steel memorials erected in tribute to American history.

THE PRESIDENTIAL COLLECTION includes:

The Presidents - This ambitious, 8-part series traces the history of America's highest office from the Revolution to the 2004 campaign.

Great Monuments of Washington, DC - THE WHITE HOUSE, THE PRESIDENTIAL MEMORIALS, and WAR MEMORIALS are collected here, creating the ultimate viewing experience of the grand architecture and rich history of the nation?s capital.

Washington Monument - See why it took a century for the famous obelisk to rise over Washington, D.C.
Old 12-03-06, 07:48 PM
Defunct Account

Hmmmph. They carried the same deal over from yesterday. I was hoping for something new.
Old 12-04-06, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Today's deal:

Icons of Faith DVD Collection for $39.98.

Examine the latest evidence, discoveries and theories surrounding the Bible’s holiest objects.

Features flawless dramatic reenactments filmed on location where biblical events really occurred.

Travel around the world and back in time to find the truth in four revealing documentaries.

Take a journey through time and faith in this powerful 4-DVD collection of enlightening documentaries from THE HISTORY CHANNEL. Unlock the miraculous, mysterious reliquary of Judeo-Christian tradition and delve deep into the history and traditions of the world's largest religion.

To believers of every faith, there is no more powerful physical object than that touched by a god. To possess such an artifact - and to prove its divine provenance - has been the obsession of everyone from kings to madmen, from the humble faithful to Indiana Jones. Refuted by skeptics and shrouded by millennia of hearsay, the mysteries of the great ICONS OF FAITH form one of the most compelling issues in religion today.

With trademark meticulousness and ground-breaking scholarship, THE HISTORY CHANNEL unearths the stories of these fantastic objects: the spear that pierced Jesus' side on the cross; the cup he used at the Last Supper and that collected his blood at his crucifixion; the length of cloth thought to have covered him after his death; and the magical case containing the tablets Moses brought down from the mountain.

Discover in this mesmerizing DVD four-pack how everyday things - a spear, a cup, a cloth, a box - could become the most important objects in the world.

The ICONS OF FAITH COLLECTION includes:

The Holy Lance - Journey through 2000 years in search of the Holy Lance, the spear that pierced Jesus' side as he hung on the cross and which some say grants the holder godlike powers.

The Holy Grail - It has formed the basis of countless legends most notably the quest of King Arthur and his legendary knights but is it possible that the Holy Grail exists today?

Unraveling the Shroud - Experts debate the origins and significance of the shroud that some believe wrapped the body of Christ when he was cut from the Cross. Many believe it is the primary evidence of the way Jesus Christ died on the cross. But is it real or a clever forgery?

Ark of the Covenant - From the pages of the Old Testament to the latest investigations, here is the complete story of the legendary ARK OF THE COVENANT.
Old 12-05-06, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Today's deal: The Planets DVD Set - $39.98.

DVD Features: Weblinks to A&E websites; Animated Visual Eclipse Calendar; Interactive Menus; Scene Selection.

Eight episodes explore the worlds, past and future of the solar system.

Features incredible archival footage from both United States and Soviet space programs.

From the first faltering attempts to magnify the sky with crude lenses to the probes which blazed billion-mile trails to even the most distant planets, THE PLANETS relives the gripping stories of adventure and discovery through the eyes of those who saw it happen. Witness the initial glimpse of the dark side of the moon, share the tension of the first perilous dash through the rings of Saturn and search for oceans of hot water and life beneath Europa's icy crust.

Using a unique blend of state-of-the-art computer graphics, unseen archival footage from the zenith of the Space Race and firsthand testimony from scientists worldwide, THE PLANETS is the most comprehensive account of space exploration and discovery ever compiled. The DVD format allows viewers to freeze the spellbinding images and explore some of the graphics with crystal clarity not possible on video.

It's an epic journey of cosmic discovery, amazement and adventure... like nothing on earth.
Old 12-05-06, 10:27 AM

I am waiting and hoping the "A&E Romance Collection 2" becomes deal of the day. I already have the "A&E Romance Collection 1.
Old 12-05-06, 10:48 AM
Defunct Account

I'd love for the Ken Burns Baseball series to get put on sale. I'm tempted by today's deal though. I might get this and 2 other items to get the 30% off and save the rest of my order in case something else good pops up on their daily sale. Shipping is only a buck (or free if the coupon is reusable) so it's not a big deal.
Old 12-06-06, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Today's deal: The Freemasons: The Total Story DVD Set for $39.98.

Mysteries of the Freemasons: The Beginning / America DVD
Secrets of the Dollar Bill DVD
Secret Societies DVD
Secret Brotherhood of Freemasons DVD

Are conspiracy theorists just paranoid, or are they onto something?

Secret society members break their vows to bring you inside.

Explore the millennia long history of the Freemasons, as well as Yale’s Skull and Bones.

Take a look behind the formerly impenetrable curtain surrounding one of the least understood "clubs" in the world, the Freemasons. Through groundbreaking investigation, riveting dramatizations, and extensive interviews, this collection of DVDs brings to full light for the first time the dark mysteries of the group that some suspect has the power to shape history to its will.

With their mysterious influence seemingly everywhere - even the face of US currency - it's chilling to imagine the role ancient societies might still play in modern life. Discover where the myth ends and reality begins in this informative and entertaining DVD collection.

The Freemasons: The Total Story includes:

Mysteries of the Freemasons - From King Solomon's Temple to Washington's halls of power, trace the history of one of the world's most mysterious and misunderstood organizations.

Secrets of the Dollar Bill - Discover the secret symbols and unlikely past of the humble one-dollar bill.

Secret Brotherhood of Freemasons - From Ancient Egypt to the lodges that dot America today, this is a probing look at the world's most famous secret organization.

Secret Societies - From the Freemasons to Yale's exclusive Skull and Bones, this is a penetrating look at the enigmatic world of SECRET SOCIETIES.
Old 12-07-06, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Todays deal is the Complete Nero Wolfe Megaset for 49.98 before the 30% discount:
This received a Highly Recommended from dvdtalk.

The Complete Nero Wolfe DVD Megaset Set
".... a, witty, beguiling, colorful, pulse-pounding hoot of a weekly series." -- Los Angeles Times
All 20 episodes plus the bonus feature-length series pilot, The Golden Spiders.
Includes high-profile guest stars like George Plimpton (When We Were Kings, Little Man Tate), Penelope Anne Miller (Chaplin, Carlito's Way), Carrie Fisher (Shampoo, Star Wars, When Harry Met Sally) and Griffin Dunne (Quiz Show, Johnny Dangerously).
Starring Maury Chaykin (The Sweet Hereafter) and Oscar Winner Timothy Hutton (Sunshine State, Ordinary People).

Experience every single episode of NERO WOLFE, one of fiction's greatest sleuthing partnerships and an original A&E whodunit classic, in this complete 9-DVD collector's edition.

Like Sherlock Holmes and Watson before them, the brilliant but curmudgeonly Nero Wolfe and his dapper sidekick Archie Goodwin are crime's greatest nemeses. Snappy dialogue, clever intuition and good old-fashioned legwork are their tools of trade. Murder, deception, blackmail and more are the crimes they solve. Along the way, gourmet feasts are brilliantly prepared, prized orchids are lovingly tended, and so many femme fatales come and go they seem to be falling out of the sky. It all adds up to an unforgettable confection of mystery, suspense and style.
Old 12-07-06, 08:56 AM

These deals need to stop. I am spending beyond my paychecks.
Old 12-07-06, 09:04 AM

I bought the Nero Wolf Set several months ago at the DDD B1G1 sale it price is cheeper then.

I have only watched half of the first episode and no more since. I don't enjoy it as much as Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot, or Miss marple. I find the actors not particularly attractive and the production set of indoor sceens drab and unappealing. The costumes also not very attractive IMHO. The scenes of 1930's New York is drab and boring. I miss the beautiful scenes of the large manor houses and English countryside in the other series.
Old 12-07-06, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

amazon has it for 49.97 free shipping also 8 discs set
Old 12-07-06, 09:22 AM

Well, if you get it to 30% off, it would be $35 (plus tax for me). I did not know about this show when DDD was selling it. It's actually a blind buy for me. But all the reviews look great and I love mystery series.
Old 12-07-06, 01:20 PM

I wish they put Jeremy Brett - Sherlock Holmes (all 3 sets together as one deal) on sale.
Old 12-07-06, 11:20 PM

I took the plunge and ordered Nero Wolfe, Horatio Hornblower and Quatermass, and the total came to around $74. The 8-disc Hornblower is selling for $42 before any discounts are applied.

Bohemian1: if you can play R2 discs, both Amazon UK and HMV UK have the complete run of the Brett Holmes series in one box (it's five box sets in R1) for around $100.
Old 12-07-06, 11:51 PM

I really like the Horatio Hornblower series. Thrilling adventure along with beautiful scenes and beautiful costumes.

The Horatio Hornblower set was selling for $32 with free shipping at the A&E website about a month ago so if you bought it with the 30% discount then you got it cheaper.

I am considering getting the "World At War Series". Has anyone watched this and do you like it?? How does it compare to the World War II series put out by the BBC?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.