Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Don't buy the Porky's Collection from Maple!!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-06, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey guys,

The Canadian release of "Porky's" 1-3 is a sham. Stick with the Fox versions of the 1st 2 films. These are not widescreen and among the worst transfers in recent memory. This copy of "Porky's" is dark as hell and looks worse than any VHS version I owned. Again, it's full frame and that is not a 5.1 mix to my ears.

The "Porky's Revenge" transfer is even worse. I swear it looks like it were taped off of television. Only only if you're really desperate to own this one.

I can't stress this highly enough. No features of any kind. They even have the same menu screen for all 3 films (as if they are all the same film...the original). It's just the most shoddy release you can imagine.

Hope this save someone from making the mistake I did.
Old 11-28-06, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought it today and thinking about it later, I realized this wasn't the artwork from the set I had seen on other sites. That and the fucker is fullscreen. I didn't unwrap it yet...it's going back tomorrow...thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-28-06, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by freshticles
I bought it today and thinking about it later, I realized this wasn't the artwork from the set I had seen on other sites. That and the fucker is fullscreen. I didn't unwrap it yet...it's going back tomorrow...thanks for the heads up!
No prob. This site has saved me money before, so I'm happy to provide the service this time around. Trust me...you don't want to see this image.
Old 11-29-06, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. I actually considered importing this from Canada. I'm glad I held off. I wish Fox would just release all three in special editions already. They're popular enough films, I'd think. I watched them many times in the '80s.
Old 11-29-06, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When i saw it in store, I knew it was shit and rightfully passed on it.
Old 11-29-06, 05:08 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's a huge disappointment. This sounds like one of those bootlegs from Ebay. Is Maple related to Lionsgate somehow? That's the impression I got based on their other titles.
Old 11-29-06, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
That's a huge disappointment. This sounds like one of those bootlegs from Ebay. Is Maple related to Lionsgate somehow? That's the impression I got based on their other titles.
Yes, I believe it is.