Dexter - "Father Knows Best" - 11/26/06

Old 11-26-06, 01:13 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Dexter - "Father Knows Best" - 11/26/06

"Father Knows Best"
Spoiler:
Dexter learns that his biological father has passed away.
Old 11-27-06, 02:46 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Probably the weakest episode of the series.

It just seemed like a filler episode and a way to get Dexter and the killer to interact.

Dexter at least has a reason to kill Paul now.

Last edited by MrX; 11-27-06 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-27-06, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was a great episode... how is it filler when we learn Harry was lying to Dexter all along? We see how much Deb can flip out for hardly any reason. How can she blame Dex for wanting to know the truth? It doesn't mean he has forgotten everything Harry did for him...hell, Harry is the reason Dexter is still alive and not in prison....

so is the cold one Dr. Ice Truck Killer and Dexter share gonna be Deb?
Old 11-27-06, 06:20 PM

i wonder how the ITK found out about Dexter in the first place... maybe the hospital nurse he took out? Though that has to be 12 years ago or so.
Old 11-27-06, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah exactly...there is so much more to unravel...I cannot wait.

plus, I wanna see more episode with "BN" or "N" in the ratings disclaimer. this one certainly didn't have it...although Deb artfully displayed on ITK's bed was pretty hot.
Old 11-27-06, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent_MN
plus, I wanna see more episode with "BN" or "N" in the ratings disclaimer. this one certainly didn't have it...although Deb artfully displayed on ITK's bed was pretty hot.
Face it ... Deb or Rita ain't stripping for this show Our only hope for full-blown "N" is Sgt Doakes and/or Batista going to nudie-bars or prostitutes.

I thought this was a good ep. I didn't see it as filler when you got: ITK and Dex getting together, escapades with ashes, reveal of Dexter's past about his real father, reveal of a grand scheme for Dex by ITK with the murder of the biological father, Paul going over the edge (and getting set-up for intervention by Dex), side-plot involving police coverups and Haitian death-squads ... and a little old lady presumably getting offed by ITK in the end. Next week looks to be more explosive. I just hope there's a satisfying wrap-up to the ITK storyline in the works, and this isn't something they're just going to drag out forever.
Old 11-27-06, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Rudy is doing what Dexter does to his prey, it's fun as hell to watch. LOL at the first line Rudy said to Dexter: "I've waited a long time to meet you."
Old 11-27-06, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
season finale is gonna be crazy.
Old 11-28-06, 12:30 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee
Face it ... Deb or Rita ain't stripping for this show Our only hope for full-blown "N" is Sgt Doakes and/or Batista going to nudie-bars or prostitutes.
I think 95% of the nudity on this show is and will be naked corpses.
Old 11-28-06, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
I think 95% of the nudity on this show is and will be naked corpses.
Old 11-28-06, 08:25 AM

I liked this episode. I like how Dex was pushed out of the shower. Its true thinking time in the shower is where a lot of thoughts happen, plus it set up the scar. How many episodes are left? So far Showtimes shows have been medicore, Huff, Weeds, but Dexter I look forward to seeing this show. Three characters from HBO are now on Sho. I wonder if which company they like better. The one thing I dont like about Sho is the ads they put on the screen, even though they seem to be smaller after some of you complained, but also they way they do their previews of the next show. They give away so much, I try not to watch them. On HBO they mix the events up so much that you never know what happens.
Old 11-28-06, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by VitiminJ
The one thing I dont like about Sho is the ads they put on the screen, even though they seem to be smaller after some of you complained, but also they way they do their previews of the next show.
Amen about the dislike for the onscreen ads. This is a premium channel ... there's no place for that crap here. Especially annoying is their pimping of "Sleeper Cell: American Terror". Did you know it's coming December 10? I sure do ... because they scroll it onscreen about 3 times an hour for the last month.

Last edited by brainee; 11-28-06 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-28-06, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

the season is 12 eps long; this ep was # 9
Old 11-28-06, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by brainee
Face it ... Deb or Rita ain't stripping for this show
Look more closely at last week's episode.

Nothing much to say - great episode, great show. Continued greatness all around. Solidly locked in as my favorite new show of the season.

Wonder if the ITK is going to be a season long story thread or if there's going to be a resolution in the next couple of weeks.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. Just saw squidget post that the season is only 12 episodes long, so I guess there probably will be a resolution in the next couple of weeks.
Old 11-28-06, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hahn
Look more closely at last week's episode.
Let me rephrase then ... strip and actually show you something beyond a "PG-13" level. And I'm not talking about a flash of something you need to freeze-frame the screen to even catch either
Old 11-30-06, 10:10 AM

Anyone else think the ITK is going to end up being Dexter's long lost brother?
Old 11-30-06, 10:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ugabuga
Anyone else think the ITK is going to end up being Dexter's long lost brother?
Yes I also think so...How did he know where Dexter's father lived? He does he know Dexter so well? Yep, I think they are brothers...
I absolutely LOVE the show and I personally think Showtime is kicking HBO's ASS! The hell with the Soprano's, I'll take Brotherhood, Dexter and Sleeper Cell anyday!
Old 11-30-06, 10:51 AM

that would make alot of sense... has the show referred to dexter having a long lost brother yet?

no wonder their parents didn't want them lol
Old 12-02-06, 10:51 AM

Anyone notice how the ITK was putting the string around the records when they were packing up the house. I'm thinking dexter might notice one day that the knots on the records and the barbie dolls are the same?