Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

ebay question

Old 11-25-06, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ebay question

i was looking up books on ebay and found originally 5 i wanted to buy, all from the same guy. so i emailed him and asked him if he would combined shipping (they were all priced at $1.60 for the shipping). he said yes he would, and that with my zipcode it would be no higher than $2.75. so i went ahead and placed my bid, and i ended up only winning 2. no biggie.

so when my winning confirmation came, i clicked on the "request total from seller" button and then added the message reminding him that we had agreed on the combined shipping. this was last sunday. i didn't hear anything at all for the next 6 days.

then just an hour ago i checked my ebay page and now it appears that it says on both books that "This item cannot be combined with other items from this seller." there was no message from the guy though telling me this, just the standard ebay message.

should i message him again asking about this? should i just go ahead and pay? should i just not pay? this is my first time dealing with something like this and i'm not sure what to do.
Old 11-25-06, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Is $0.45 difference going to kill you? Pay it and move on.
Old 11-26-06, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, now the seller is pissed because you haven't paid in over a week.

Just send him payment - the cost of the books plus $2.75.