Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

huge target sales ad screw up!!!

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-06, 12:00 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my wife just caught this today, so only one day to get in the savings. In target stores they have coupons books to go with there toy catalog. Such $5, $10,$20 and "free" when you buy coupons. Right now during there hot deals these "coupon" toys are basically free. Save $10.00 on ANY transformer primus.....and they are sale for $5.99 so you get a $4.00 credit. There are about 25 different deals like this to where the toy is cheaper than the coupon. And the register gives you the full coupon price. My wife bought $2798.38 before coupons, and bonus savers, and paid .60 cents total after it was said and done!!! I am not kidding, I have the reciept and can post it if anyone likes. Make sure you go to target and use these coupons before Nov. 22 before store closing to get the great deals!!! Cranium board games for 25 cents!!! Tons of deals...you can also download the coupons on the web under there toy catalog section on target.com
happy shopping!
Old 11-22-06, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you buy $2000+ worth of Cranium and Transformer products? Nearly every other item that has a coupon available (usually $5-$10) is priced between $20-$100.
Old 11-22-06, 01:03 AM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP, could you post a list of products priced less than the coupon?

I might give this a try tomorrow, but looking on their web site... I'm guessing the in-store prices are different? Because I didn't find one item that had an online price lower than the coupon.

If this does work, it would be a cool way to get a free item or something (like a 360 game). Thanks for posting this, could be interesting.
Old 11-22-06, 01:14 AM

I'd love to see a scan of the receipt if it isn't too much trouble. Also, where in the store can we pick up these coupon books?
Old 11-22-06, 01:22 AM
mbs

Originally Posted by yourlocalcinema
I'd love to see a scan of the receipt if it isn't too much trouble. Also, where in the store can we pick up these coupon books?
I agree, a scan would be most helpful in figuring out what is priced under coupon discount.

To get the coupons (as a PDF), start here. Then scroll down some and click on the box on the right side of the page. You'll get a pop-up with the coupons.

EDIT: Direct link to PDF coupons is here.

Last edited by mbs; 11-22-06 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-22-06, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm confused .. the coupon says "$10 off Transformers CYBERTRON primus" and not "ANY" Primus. I'm not sure this is going to work.
Old 11-22-06, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
<---- skeptical

IISTGTBTIUI
Old 11-22-06, 09:15 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by achau9598
I'm confused .. the coupon says "$10 off Transformers CYBERTRON primus" and not "ANY" Primus. I'm not sure this is going to work.
yes it does, BUT you do not have to buy the most expensive ones./....the smaller ones are on sale for 4.99 at this store,(and are still CYBERTRON PRIMUS) hence...the almost $5.00 credit.....and for you skeptics...out there......I will be scanning my receipt and posting later on after I get back from another big buy at target. ALSO I used stackable coupons, for $ 10.00 any $100.00 purchase, $25.00 off any 250.00 purchase and $100.00 off any purchase over 600.00 and they let me stack all these since my original total was over 3 thousand. So with all the discounts from the book, (I did buy lots of duplicates because I have 2 boys and 2 girls) and all of the $$ off total purchase coupons.......I paid .60 CENTS
Old 11-22-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It worked for me. The cheapest items were 6.99 and 7.99 and weren't on sale, but its still pretty crazy. I only bought four though. I can't believe they would let you take over 2k worth of stuff. (I believe they did, I just can't believe they did, if that makes sense) I imagine that employee will not be working there long.
Old 11-22-06, 10:32 AM

What the heck did the clerk ringing you up say when you only had to pay 60 cents?
Old 11-22-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Harold Wazzu
What the heck did the clerk ringing you up say when you only had to pay 60 cents?

Thats what I was thinking. Mine went WOW thats a good deal, when mine only dropped from 65 to 13$. Im surprised that target even had 3 grand worth of those toys.

I remember a sale on video games at TRU where you could use a coupon that was worth more than cheaper games, people showed picks of cart fulls of games that they paid like a dollar for.
Old 11-22-06, 11:01 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Harold Wazzu
well first they called the manager to make sure I could use so many coupons at once. Once I got the go ahead from the manager, they knew it was going to be low, but figured we a few hundred or close to at least a thousand. When it came down to 60 cents, the checkout girl was just grinning from ear to ear, and again called the manager to make sure it was ok before I paid. Manager checked and ok'd it. AND let me grab a few more things that I am taking to toys for tots later today. Funny, that cost me 57 dollars, but still a good deal for a couple hundred dollars of stuff.
Old 11-22-06, 11:14 AM
mbs

Originally Posted by starman9000
It worked for me. The cheapest items were 6.99 and 7.99 and weren't on sale, but its still pretty crazy. I only bought four though.
Can you buy multiple of the same item? Or did you just find multiple items priced under the coupon discount (if so, which were they)?

I'd just like to try and get a 360 game for free (after all the credits from the coupons), assuming that would be possible. I don't know what I'd do with the toys otherwise (well, I'll probably donate them), so don't want to end up with $2,000 worth of toys.
Old 11-22-06, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by mbs
Can you buy multiple of the same item? Or did you just find multiple items priced under the coupon discount (if so, which were they)?

I'd just like to try and get a 360 game for free (after all the credits from the coupons), assuming that would be possible. I don't know what I'd do with the toys otherwise (well, I'll probably donate them), so don't want to end up with $2,000 worth of toys.
From what I can tell the coupons are product specific (sort of) so you would have to buy the same items over and over.

But it works.

If you buy 100 of the same item at $5.99 = $599.00.
Use 100 coupons for $10.00 credit each = $1000.00 Credit.
Then buy a $400.00 DVD Player = $400.00
Total owing = $1.00

James
Old 11-22-06, 11:27 AM
mbs

Okay, thanks James. So I just need one coupon per item then.

I'm going to stop by Target tonight after work and get 10 of the transformers and get $50 off something. Will be a sweet deal.

Thanks again for posting, OP.
Old 11-22-06, 11:31 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by mbs

with the credit I had from coupons and such I bought 4 nintendo ds lite and 15 games to go with them.......so I really cleaned up. I just got lucky, most of what my kids wanted I get on a coupon and on sale with credit to boot!
Old 11-22-06, 11:35 AM
Cool New Member

If you do go and round up some of these great sales.....please pick out a few of the freebies and donate them. I went back for more after I checked out, then called toys for tot's . they stopped by to pick them up for me (toys for tots) I was very happy and enjoyed the feeling of giving a ton of presents to that agency. Made my holidays!!
Old 11-22-06, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by intothevoid2004
I was very happy and enjoyed the feeling of stealing from the rich and giving to the poor!

Made me feel like Kevin Costner In Tights!!

Fixed.
Old 11-22-06, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you do go and round up some of these great sales.....please pick out a few of the freebies and donate them. I went back for more after I checked out, then called toys for tot's . they stopped by to pick them up for me (toys for tots) I was very happy and enjoyed the feeling of giving a ton of presents to that agency. Made my holidays!!
thats a great idea.

i will work up some credit, buy a dvd (something small to test out the waters), then donate the toys
Old 11-22-06, 11:55 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by clappj
Fixed.
kevin costner didn't wear tights in that movie. Maybe that's you that enjoys the feeling of dancing around in nut huggers looking like an ass clown. and do you honestly think kids care if I used a coupon to get a freebie? or just grate full to get a nice toy? Gobble Gobble! Happy turkey day!
Old 11-22-06, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

kevin costner didn't wear tights in that movie. Maybe that's you that enjoys the feeling of dancing around in nut huggers looking like an ass clown. and do you honestly think kids care if I used a coupon to get a freebie? or just grate full to get a nice toy? Gobble Gobble! Happy turkey day!

Old 11-22-06, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Has anyone else gotten this to work?!?!

Will they let you use mutliple coupons during the same checkout from the SAME person?!?
Old 11-22-06, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i called up,..they will let you use as many coupons as you want...BUT...you need a coupon for every toy
Old 11-22-06, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
i called up,..they will let you use as many coupons as you want...BUT...you need a coupon for every toy

OK, I printed out 60 coupons directly from their website.

I am going now. I'll let you all know how it goes!
Old 11-22-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sominex
OK, I printed out 60 coupons directly from their website.

I am going now. I'll let you all know how it goes!
please doo!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.