Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Upcoming PayPal discount: $20 off $50

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-06, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://paypal.promotionexpert.com/holiday/

The fine print:

Receive free shipping when you make a purchase using your PayPal account from a participating merchant. Participating PayPal merchants will be displayed on the PayPal Holiday landing page starting 11/23/06. Offers may be limited to shipments within the 48 contiguous United States. See merchants' websites for additional terms & conditions.
Receive a $20 USD Cash Rebate by registering for this Cash Rebate offer on http://paypal.promotionexpert.com/holiday and purchasing items in a single online payment of $50 USD or more using your PayPal account.
Old 11-21-06, 12:47 AM

Is that for anyone or only those that receive the email?
Old 11-21-06, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Would this include purchases at Yesasia? With a $50 purchase you get a $5 coupon, if you add the $20, you end up getting half off!
Old 11-21-06, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
Terms & Conditions:

FREE SHIPPING OFFER: Receive free shipping when you make a purchase using your PayPal account from a participating merchant. Participating PayPal merchants will be displayed on the PayPal Holiday landing page starting 11/23/06. Offers may be limited to shipments within the 48 contiguous United States. See merchants' websites for additional terms & conditions.

$20 REBATE OFFER: Receive a $20 USD Cash Rebate by registering for this Cash Rebate offer on http://paypal.promotionexpert.com/holiday and purchasing items in a single online payment of $50 USD or more using your PayPal account. To qualify for this offer, purchases must meet the following requirements: 1. Purchases must be made on eBay.com, eBay.ca or on merchants' sites in the US or Canada. 2. eBay.com and eBay.ca purchases must be made through the eBay checkout flow via the eBay website and must not be made through the PayPal send money tab. 3. Purchases must be made between 11/23/06 12:01 PST and 12/31/06 11:59 PST. The following transactions are excluded from this Cash Rebate offer: Send Money transactions, payments to Personal Accounts, eBay payments made to Personal accounts, donations, Text to Buy and payments for services. The Cash Rebate will be deposited into the participants' PayPal accounts within 6 to 8 weeks after 12/31/06. Limit one registration and one $20 rebate per person and/or PayPal Account.

Offer available for a limited time. Offer is limited to US and Canada registered users. PayPal conversion rates apply. PayPal account must be in good standing prior to and throughout the offer period to qualify.
Old 11-21-06, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
Terms & Conditions:

FREE SHIPPING OFFER: Receive free shipping when you make a purchase using your PayPal account from a participating merchant. Participating PayPal merchants will be displayed on the PayPal Holiday landing page starting 11/23/06. Offers may be limited to shipments within the 48 contiguous United States. See merchants' websites for additional terms & conditions.

$20 REBATE OFFER: Receive a $20 USD Cash Rebate by registering for this Cash Rebate offer on http://paypal.promotionexpert.com/holiday and purchasing items in a single online payment of $50 USD or more using your PayPal account. To qualify for this offer, purchases must meet the following requirements: 1. Purchases must be made on eBay.com, eBay.ca or on merchants' sites in the US or Canada. 2. eBay.com and eBay.ca purchases must be made through the eBay checkout flow via the eBay website and must not be made through the PayPal send money tab. 3. Purchases must be made between 11/23/06 12:01 PST and 12/31/06 11:59 PST. The following transactions are excluded from this Cash Rebate offer: Send Money transactions, payments to Personal Accounts, eBay payments made to Personal accounts, donations, Text to Buy and payments for services. The Cash Rebate will be deposited into the participants' PayPal accounts within 6 to 8 weeks after 12/31/06. Limit one registration and one $20 rebate per person and/or PayPal Account.

Offer available for a limited time. Offer is limited to US and Canada registered users. PayPal conversion rates apply. PayPal account must be in good standing prior to and throughout the offer period to qualify.
I swear I read this, but I missed the date at the top. Yesasia north america does business from san francisco. I wonder if that counts.
Old 11-21-06, 09:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by zombeaner
I swear I read this, but I missed the date at the top. Yesasia north america does business from san francisco. I wonder if that counts.
It doesn't matter where they are if they're not participating.
Old 11-22-06, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,192 Likes on 1,497 Posts
The free shipping offer is participating merchants only. The rebate offer is good for any US/Canadian merchant (or ebay) I think, as it is Paypal themselves handling the rebate. You have to register for the program through Paypal first though, and it will take time to get the rebate (6 to 8 weeks after the end of the year).
Old 11-23-06, 12:43 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can someone please explain to me how are you suppose to pay for items purchased from a single seller, it specifically say that you cannot use the paypal tab or go to the paypal website directly to pay. If i pay for the items separately, they are less than $50, thanks.
Old 11-23-06, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
is there a specific link for ebay (I didn't see it on the shopping page) or do I just go buy something and hope that paypal comes through with the $20 in a few months?
Old 11-23-06, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbuzz

The following transactions are excluded from this Cash Rebate offer: ... payments to Personal Accounts, eBay payments made to Personal accounts
i want to buy a tent on ebay just from a normal seller. so does that not qualify? i don't get it.
Old 11-23-06, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
That means you can't just paypal your buddy $50 and get $20 back, you have to actually buy something.
Old 11-23-06, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ahh, gotcha. good sense.
Old 11-23-06, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Do you have to use their link at PayPal (I registered for the rebate the other day) or can you just go directly to the merchant's site and pay using PayPal? When you combine that with the 25% off that is a sweet deal.
Old 11-23-06, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i have read the rebate description, but for some reason,... just a lot of vagueness. here's two more questions:

1) i signed up on the 20th, but don't believe i got any confirmation or anything. starting today, i can just order (over $50, participating merchant, pay with paypal, etc.), and then i just hope a rebate for $20 shows up?

2) if i use my $20 off $50 rebate buying something at ebay, can i then use another one at b&n?

thanks again. i'm really not sure why i'm so confused by this one...

Last edited by cgray; 11-24-06 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-23-06, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by cgray
i have read the rebate description, but for some reason,... just a lot of vagueness. here's two more questions:

i signed up on the 20th, but don't believe i got any confirmation or anything.
I didn't get a confirmation email either...
Old 11-24-06, 06:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it too late to sign up for this deal? Clicked on the link but didn't see any offer on the site. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-25-06, 09:12 PM

Hey guys, it's starting to look like Paypal screwed up yet again. I was going to use this discount, but since I never recieved a confirmation or further instructions I decided to do a little research and found this thread: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...363763&page=25

In the words of David Lo Pan, "this really pisses me off to no end!" I thought the whole point of this promotion was to counter Google Checkout and improve their image. However this only makes Paypal look even more untrustworthy and shady when compared to the smoothness of their competition.

Last edited by BenboC; 11-25-06 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-27-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Just cancelled my Sharper Image order, assuming that this rebate is pure vaporware.

Frell PayPal. Frell eBay. I'm giving up on both of 'em.

Anybody care to suggest a good eBay alternative?