Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ghost In The Shell 2nd GIG - Complete Season Set?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-06, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that all the individual DVDs for season 2 are out does anyone have any idea as to when they will put out a complete season 2 box set?

The first season box set was released in October of this year so is it a safe bet that the second season will probably come out in October 2007?

Thanks,

James
Old 11-16-06, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It'll probably be awhile, yeah. Specifically, nobody but Bandai would know at this pint.
Old 11-16-06, 11:04 AM

Thanks!

I was playing around in Amazon too and noticed that there are 2 versions of Vol.7 of the 2nd GIG. One comes with (I think, as it's difficult to understand exactly what you get) I believe an extra "box" that will hold all the individial volumes.

Will have to check DDD to see if they have that version as well.

James
Old 11-16-06, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by JamesDFarrow
I was playing around in Amazon too and noticed that there are 2 versions of Vol.7 of the 2nd GIG. One comes with (I think, as it's difficult to understand exactly what you get) I believe an extra "box" that will hold all the individial volumes.
Yes, the "Deluxe" version of Vol. 7 comes in a box that can store all of the previous volumes. Bandai did the same for the first season.
Old 11-16-06, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Z
Yes, the "Deluxe" version of Vol. 7 comes in a box that can store all of the previous volumes. Bandai did the same for the first season.
And it comes with a few other things as well. CD, Figure?, Metal Tin, ... And all I want in the dang box to hold all season 2.

Anyway, I think I will wait for the release of a complete season 2 just in a box. It will probably take me a year to watch the 1st season I just ordered anyway.

James
Old 11-17-06, 08:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There's no guarantee that when they do release a complete box, that it will be a metal box.

The complete Season 1 set I saw last week was just in a cardboard box instead of the metal box the original volume 7 had come in.
Old 11-17-06, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JamesDFarrow
And it comes with a few other things as well. CD, Figure?, Metal Tin, ...
Yes, and unfortunately those periperhal items won't fit in the box once you fill it with the season's DVDs. Poor planning on Bandai's part.
Old 11-17-06, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not really....who keeps their CDs in their dvd box sets? Has there ever been a box set that holds figures as well as all the dvds that belong inside?

GiTS:SAC Season 1 tin came with a t-shirt, but you weren't expected to store that in the tin.

The box is to hold the dvds, and it comes with extra stuff to make it even more special. Bandai didn't do anything that hasn't been done a million times before.

Last edited by canaryfarmer; 11-17-06 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-17-06, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
Not really....who keeps their CDs in their dvd box sets?
Many people prefer to keep everything that came with the DVD box inside the DVD box, myself included.

Has there ever been a box set that holds figures as well as all the dvds that belong inside?
That's par for the course with anime box sets in Japan, for example.
Old 11-17-06, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess I like to keep my separate types of media together. All of my CDs go into my CD binders so they're all in one place (plus I hate jewel cases). I keep a large amount of soundtrack cds in them, so keeping "GiTS:SAC OST #3" in the dvd closet away from everything else (especially the other SAC OSTs) doesn't make a lot sense for me. Based on prior R1 boxes, I never expected Bandai to provide anything but a case to hold the discs. I didn't know that Japanese boxes held other things + all the discs.
Old 11-17-06, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
I guess I like to keep my separate types of media together. All of my CDs go into my CD binders so they're all in one place (plus I hate jewel cases).
That's understandable from your perspective. Personally, I'm not a music guy and my CD collection is laughably small. I consider a nice DVD box set a collectible item, so I prefer to keep everything all together as it came.
Old 01-26-07, 02:20 AM
Cool New Member

Hope this isn't a threadjack, but did anyone pick up the first season box set? I can't find anything regarding whether it collects the regular or limited (with DTS) editions as well as anything on extras. I didn't realize till now that it came out this October.
Old 01-26-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by randall
Hope this isn't a threadjack, but did anyone pick up the first season box set? I can't find anything regarding whether it collects the regular or limited (with DTS) editions as well as anything on extras. I didn't realize till now that it came out this October.
IIRC, the tin boxset has the regular releases in it. The tin is limited, but the DVD's inside are the standard ones. The limited ones came in different packaging then the standard ones.