Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Cook Islands - 11/16/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team is sending someone home??
Aitu
11.11%
Raro
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-06, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

edited photo stolen from devilshalo

Episode 9:

Title:
Spoiler:
People That You Like Want to See You Suffer

Spoiler:
Some tribe members are concerned by Adam and Candice's flirtation; one survivor is betrayed by friends and banished to Exile Island; the defeated tribe is given a sealed message to be opened after a castaway is sent home.

Last edited by auto; 11-15-06 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-16-06, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lots of interest in tonight's show....NOT!

BTW, Brad is gay:

Brad Virata has come out.

That is, he's sharing his thoughts on why Survivor editors opted to cut a scene in which he reveals his homosexuality to fellow castaways.

It's a subject the show has broached before, so why shy away from it now?

"I think they wanted to potentially appeal to a larger demographic.

"Mainly the female audience just in terms of thinking I was single or on the market," says Virata, the most recent contestant booted off Survivor: Cook Islands.

"I'm not mad, it is what it is. I guess they felt that some things are better left unsaid."

The 29-year-old L.A. fashion designer -- who came out to his family years before appearing on the hit reality series -- believes he received even less airtime due to his mild nature.

"I didn't want to cause a lot of controversy and I pretty much got along with everyone from what I could see and that's why you really didn't get a chance to see my character as much."

But that's not what bothers him the most.

A new plan was sparked on last week's show.

The members of the former Caucasian tribe are plotting to possibly rekindle their alliance.

It's a move which irritates Virata.

"I don't get it. You know what, it's 2006. We're just a melting pot of human beings and I don't understand why other people don't think along those same lines," says Virata, who is Filipino-Hawaiian and started off the show in the Asian tribe.

He adds he's not surprised in the least at tribemate Jonathan Penner's efforts to create an all-white final four.

"I mean to me it's just stupid because you would think that after the merge, they would want to be seen as human beings rather than being put in these little boxes.

"I think (Jonathan's) conniving. He's the good guy off the island, so it seems.

"But is he ... going to play a manipulative, backstabbing game? Probably. Is that OK? Yeah, it's OK, it's Survivor, but that's just something that's not going to get my good grades."

Getting good grades from Virata is important, as he's the first member of this season's jury which will decide who takes home Survivor's million dollar prize.

As a jury member, Virata says he would never vote for Nate Gonzalez to win if he made the final two.

"I think your true colours do shine when you're on that island.

"He was part of my original alliance and he went behind my back. He just went out of his way to make me believe that it was going to be Jonathan (to go) and it really wasn't."
Old 11-16-06, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You must have your gaydar broken if you didnt know that!
And I'm surprised he is allowed to say as much as he has...dont remember hearing from the jury with so much more game to play.
Old 11-16-06, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
BTW, Brad is gay
No way ... I'd have never guessed

I'd vote in these polls, but for some reason this season I just can't match the tribe names to the people. I know one side has Yul and Ozzy, and the other has a bunch of slackers (with newly defected Alan Alda). I'll go with the Yul-Ozzy team again, especially if the other group is dumb enough to play their strongest team for the reward challenge gimping them for immunity. And I'll pick Alda to go home this week.
Old 11-16-06, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
No way ... I'd have never guessed

I'd vote in these polls, but for some reason this season I just can't match the tribe names to the people. I know one side has Yul and Ozzy, and the other has a bunch of slackers (with newly defected Alan Alda). I'll go with the Yul-Ozzy team again, especially if the other group is dumb enough to play their strongest team for the reward challenge gimping them for immunity. And I'll pick Alda to go home this week.
Well, they have to play the strongest in the reward challenge, because they cant sit out the same people in back to back challenges.
Old 11-16-06, 03:04 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The poll doesn't have the option I was looking for.
Old 11-16-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts

What is in the green bottle!
Old 11-16-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Good stuff with the bottle. I think it would have played out better earlier in the game, though.
Old 11-16-06, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nate just needs to get to the merge and go to the other side, if they lose another before then, then welp nice to know ya. White Power! Yeeeeecccccccchhhhhh. Seriously? Can't stand any of them.
Old 11-16-06, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
What happened my DVR recorded right up to the end of the reward challenge!
Old 11-16-06, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts
Raro playing stupid.. always thinking of the moment instead of the overall. They now have 3 jury votes against them.

Now will they keep Hawkeye around to have the 4 strong alliance and get rid of Nate?

For auto next week.
Old 11-16-06, 11:09 PM

Received 774 Likes on 504 Posts
Here's TC in a nut shell...

Originally Posted by from somwhere else
The usual issues. Who's performing? Can anyone trust Jonathan? Why is a tribe of four kicking your collective rears? Tonight's answer to that last question is 'Rebecca', so out she goes. We move to the note, which Parvati is carrying. What does Raro think the note says? Easy: merge! Merge feast! Feast and merge and wine and roses! What does the note actually say? Let's watch Nate's jaw drop as he reads over Parvati's shoulder: 'Vote out someone else, losers!' And who is that someone, without that much (edited) time to plan it out? This time it's Jenny, with Jonathan receiving two votes.
Next week:
Spoiler:
Yul tells Ozzy he has the idol, Jonathan gets fed up with the tribe he switched to, plus Adam & Candice waste even more of our time.

Did you see Jenny flip off her tribe!? Hilarious!
Old 11-16-06, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
BTW, TiVo guide for next week has a spoiler, so don't read it if you don't want spoilers. Note: it was not mentioned in the preview.

For those interested:

Spoiler:
The merge is next week.

My theory:
I'm guessing that Raro will vote for Ozzy, but Yul will have given the hidden idol to Ozzy, thus forcing the Raro member with four votes to go home.

Last edited by Jeremy517; 11-16-06 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-16-06, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Did you see Jenny flip off her tribe!? Hilarious!

I was thinking she went Ami Cusack on them, just wasn't sure and wasn't recording it to replay. You could tell she was beyond pissed when the votes were read.

I really liked that twist...one of the few times I've been surprised lately watching this show. Once it was read I knew Jenny was gone and was glad to see her go. Nate better hope they win the next immunity else I don't see him making thru another tribal.

Going to be interesting now if the 4 remaining white players end up sticking together for a while....can just imagine the cries of racism that will spark.
Old 11-16-06, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Hopefully Nate will join the Aitu 4 and pick off the white folk. I loved the bitchy expression on that bitch Jenny's face when she was sent home. HAHAHA. If those morons would have taken care of business and voted off Candace and Jonathan first, like they should have, they wouldn't be in this predicament and she would probably still be there. Good riddance.
Old 11-17-06, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I missed tonight's episode. Does anybody know where I can watch it online or download it (legally)? The CBS website only has up to last week's episode. Plus they seem to be highlight clips, not the full episode.
Old 11-17-06, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by joliom
I missed tonight's episode. Does anybody know where I can watch it online or download it (legally)? The CBS website only has up to last week's episode. Plus they seem to be highlight clips, not the full episode.
CBS does have full episodes online to watch, although the recent one is not up as of yet http://www.cbs.com/innertube/player....format=&auto=1
Old 11-17-06, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts
Brad the fashion designer is gay? I'm shocked, completely shocked!

The immunity challenge!

The note in the bottle!

Jonathan not voted off.

Nate catching a clue and teaming up with Aitu?
Old 11-17-06, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I sure hope that Yul and Ozzy can get to the final two.

Yul dancing with the natives
Old 11-17-06, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
Brad the fashion designer is gay? I'm shocked, completely shocked!

The immunity challenge!

The note in the bottle!

Jonathan not voted off.

Nate catching a clue and teaming up with Aitu?

well said
Old 11-17-06, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
That was so uncomfortably funny to watch.
Old 11-17-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I cannot stand Ken and Barbie and their cheesy island romance. I would love to see them get the boot.
Old 11-17-06, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
At this point, I'm pretty much rooting for any of the Aitu Four. There isn't anyone in the other tribe that is even slightly deserving.
Old 11-17-06, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Agree totally. I would be happy with anybody off that tribe winning almost.

Ozzy really looked like one of the natives, that guy is unstoppable at challenges.

I can't stand the super skinny girl, but love her getting sent to the island time after time Even the dude she likes, doesn't do very well on challenges so not sure why he's so cocky.
Old 11-17-06, 11:53 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts
I agree the Aitu tribe who are remaining are awesome, I didn't like ozzy at first, but the boy can swim.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.