Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Disney Box Sets 2 for $40 Best Buy

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 11-13-06, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found THIS. It is just like the last deal with Darkwing Duck and Tailspin. Unfortunately you'll have to pay full price for the third....

Do you think this sale will be available in store tomorrow also? I hope so... I am guessing it is one of those sales that is not mentioned in the ad but is for real, like the previous La Femme Nikita sale.
Old 11-13-06, 01:38 PM

I don't see any indication that this would be an online exclusive so it'll probably be good in stores tomorrow. However, you could save a little more by getting them from DDD with 20% off. Each would be about $19.35 afterwards. I know that's what I'm doing tomorrow.
Old 11-13-06, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by baliztik
I don't see any indication that this would be an online exclusive so it'll probably be good in stores tomorrow. However, you could save a little more by getting them from DDD with 20% off. Each would be about $19.35 afterwards. I know that's what I'm doing tomorrow.
Same here, but good find OP for those who want to get them B&M.
Old 11-13-06, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
All of these were out at my local Sam's this weekend and they were selling for a bit more than 22 dollars plus tax. This is an alternative if you only want one of the three sets or to get the 2 for 40 and the third for the cheapest price.
Old 11-13-06, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 910 Likes on 645 Posts
I can't find Duck Tales at DDD. Anyone else?
Old 11-13-06, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I can't find Duck Tales at DDD. Anyone else?
Both DUCKTALES sets are there. They have it as 1 word.
Old 11-13-06, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Thanks.
Old 11-14-06, 01:28 PM

Our Best Buy (Chicago, IL - North & Clybourn) did not honor the 2 for 40 price - the cashier said its not advertised in the circular or on the shelf. I ended up walking over to a kiosk and ordering them at Bestbuy.com - a friend only wanted Chip n Dale v2 - so I lucked out and did two purchases online - note: you can only purchase 2 at a time for the $40 deal - looks like BB.com doesnt like multiples of a 2 for $XX sale.
Old 11-14-06, 04:09 PM

hmm thanks for letting me know... I was just about to head out to go get them... I would hate to have problems... I printed out the page from best buy.com just incase I get hassled...
Old 11-14-06, 06:36 PM

Just got back from my best buy. They totally should have given them to you for the $40 deal. Mine had TONS of copies of Ducktales and Gummi Bears. Not so much Chip and Dale... But anyway they had little tags where they were located promoting the sale. Which to my surprise apparently also includes some Mickey Christmas dvd... Which I couldn't find on the shelf... The sale also came up when they were scanned. Sorry for your bad luck.
Old 11-14-06, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My Best Buy had plenty of all three of these sets, and each one was advertised with signage on the shelves for the 2 for $40. I went ahead and got these because I had a reward zone certificate to use and no planning on getting my other DVD's from them soon as this was the last big release date for me and there's only 1 or 2 more I'll be getting before Christmas.
Old 11-14-06, 07:20 PM

Well - I just picked up my order from BB.com in Chicago (North/Clybourn) - each dvd set for $15.00 - I bought two Rescue Rangers, 1 Gummi Bears and 1 Ducktales - for about $60.00 + tax. I dont know if this is a problem - like I stated earlier - with BB.com on not honoring multiple 2 for $XX but I got them for $15.00 each!
Old 11-14-06, 09:38 PM

At my Best Buy in Los Angeles they did honor the 2 for $40 deal.
I got all three for about $66ish which is a good deal compare to Amazon.
Old 11-15-06, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 953 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by ramivic
Well - I just picked up my order from BB.com in Chicago (North/Clybourn) - each dvd set for $15.00 - I bought two Rescue Rangers, 1 Gummi Bears and 1 Ducktales - for about $60.00 + tax. I dont know if this is a problem - like I stated earlier - with BB.com on not honoring multiple 2 for $XX but I got them for $15.00 each!

How did you pull off $15.00?
Old 11-16-06, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by tanman
How did you pull off $15.00?
I dont know - after the cashier said that she didnt know about the 2 for $40 special (mind you she didnt ring it up - I asked her). I just took the dvds, put them back on the shelf and went to an in-store kiosk. Ordered them online and walked over to Circuit City and picked up Da Vinci Code and Family Guy v4. About 30 minutes later, my order was ready. Went to Customer Service to pickup and both receipts I signed showed $15.00 each for each title on both receipts.

Like I said before, BB.com would not allow me to purchase 4 for $80. So I did two individual transactions. No coupons, I did do my Reward Zone card number, no McD Best Buy Bucks or anything else.

I would try it - even if you are going to a B&M to buy the new Disney's - just try it and see.
Old 11-16-06, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by TM63975
Just got back from my best buy. They totally should have given them to you for the $40 deal. Mine had TONS of copies of Ducktales and Gummi Bears. Not so much Chip and Dale... But anyway they had little tags where they were located promoting the sale. Which to my surprise apparently also includes some Mickey Christmas dvd... Which I couldn't find on the shelf... The sale also came up when they were scanned. Sorry for your bad luck.

It was good luck though - if I wasnt turned away by the cashier - I wouldnt have gotten this great deal then. Fine time. These little mistakes start to make up for the years of hardship on trying to price match and correct mistakes with the dumb seasonal help (always happens in November-December) these new trainee cashiers either don't know or don't care).Another rant for another thread!
Old 11-16-06, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Snagged them on Tuesday. Got $10 credit for two preorders (Gears of War & FEAR)* I decided not to get. So $15 each for me as well.

*sold them on ebay so the $10 return was a bonus.