Reload this Page >

A Question About EB Games Trade In's

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-12-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I've never traded in anything to EB Games / Game Stop, can I trade in a game with no box?

Also, does anyone know how much I can get for my Nintendo DS?

Also, if I have a Wii pre-ordered there and I trade stuff in can I use it toward the system? Can it be used directly towards it now, even though it comes out next week?
Old 11-12-06, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure you can trade in a game without the box, but they'll give you a lot less credit (not like they give you a whole lot to begin with...). The trade in credit you receive can be applied to preorders.
Old 11-12-06, 04:18 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It used to be that games without boxes got less credit, but now they get the exact same amount of credit.
Old 11-12-06, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by The Monkees
I've never traded in anything to EB Games / Game Stop, can I trade in a game with no box?
Yes.

Also, does anyone know how much I can get for my Nintendo DS?
It depends on whether it's a DSLite or a regular. The regulars, they sell for $79.99, so your trade-in value will be about $25-30 probably.

Also, if I have a Wii pre-ordered there and I trade stuff in can I use it toward the system? Can it be used directly towards it now, even though it comes out next week?
Yes.
Old 11-22-06, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
age?

what age do u have to be to trade in video games at eb games because i am wanting to trade in 5 psp games?
Old 11-22-06, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by joebrice
what age do u have to be to trade in video games at eb games because i am wanting to trade in 5 psp games?
Last time I was there a kid traded in a bunch of PS2 games for like $2 each.

Honestly, I don't know how they get people to trade in stuff at all. I just sold a bunch of games for $15-$25 and Gamestop wanted between $3 to $6 for them.
Old 11-22-06, 11:04 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They occasionally have decent trade in deals, like the trade 3 get an extra $10 deal a while back. That was pretty good if you had a lot of old common games that are tough to sell (i.e. MGS2, GTAIII, yearly games like Ratchet and Clank etc.).

Still probably not as good as ebay, but was worthwhile for me since my time lately is more valuable than getting a bit more money out of some old games I'd never play again since I"m so swamped with work and grad school. I was able to trade some games and a couple of consoles and pay for the Wii and Zelda in full so I was happy with it despite probably coming out $50-100 what I could have got on Ebay. A free wii was my goal, and it took 15 minutes of time compared to much more time wasted on listing them on ebay, shipping them out etc.