Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Day Break Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-06, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day Break Anyone?

Taye Diggs' new show is taking the spot of Lost. I know that there may be some people not too happy about Lost going away, but me being a viewer who has (now don't freak out) never watched Lost regularly, am excited to see what this new show is all about. Especially bc Diggs is so easy on the eyes...is anyone else looking forward to this?
Old 11-08-06, 02:19 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'll give it a try, but I'm bummed they didn't get Bill Murray to reprise his role from the film.
Old 11-08-06, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll watch it in the hope that Diggs' wife makes an appearance.
Old 11-08-06, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Isn't somebody around here working on the show? I seem to recall reading that in a LOST thread or something.

If I hear good things about it, I'll sample it. I was freaked out by how similar the commercials are to the commercials for the film Deja Vu, though. I was watching something featuring commercials for both, and it was hard for me to figure out which was which when I was not looking at the screen and half paying attention.
Old 11-08-06, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I'll give it a try, but I'm bummed they didn't get Bill Murray to reprise his role from the film.

* "You should get your RDA of Vit C per day and thats not a laughing matter." -- Save Ferris
* Join your fellow Otters in the United Otter Emirates!

Last edited by Pointyskull; 11-08-06 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-08-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I'll be checking it out.

Am I the only who is bummed at the lack of Bill Murray? Taye Diggs is sexy, but he's no Bill.
Old 11-08-06, 03:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Groucho

I missed you!

Chris
Old 11-08-06, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Isn't somebody around here working on the show? I seem to recall reading that in a LOST thread or something.

If I hear good things about it, I'll sample it. I was freaked out by how similar the commercials are to the commercials for the film Deja Vu, though. I was watching something featuring commercials for both, and it was hard for me to figure out which was which when I was not looking at the screen and half paying attention.
This shows you how few original ideas Hollywood has at this time.

But I will give this show a try. It is something different (for tv) and hopefully it doesn't start out good and then have trouble keeping the quality up (i.e. Jericho).

Chris
Old 11-08-06, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
who wouldn't miss bill. he's hilarious.
Old 11-08-06, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm bummed there's no Eliza Dushku.
Old 11-08-06, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 11-08-06, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jimmy James

Yeah, I'm working on the show (can't say how, don't wanna get in trouble). I don't wanna give anything away, but they make some really cool choices in how Hopper (Taye Digg's character) deals with solving some of his problems. I think (hope) people will like it.

Day Break is closer to Groundhog Day, in the sense that it is never explained why or how he is reliving the same day; he just is. Think The Fugitive meets Groundhog Day. I think Deja Vu goes into the actual science of being able to relive certain moments again. Some people were worried when the ads came out for Deja Vu, because it had a similar premise and a similar cast.
Old 11-08-06, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
It sort of reminds me of Run, Lola Run. They never explain how she was able to keep going back to try and fix things.
Old 11-08-06, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
I'm actually looking forward to the 2 hour premiere next week. Taye Diggs has alot of charm and I'm glad he's getting another shot at a lead role after getting shafted by UPN 2 years ago on Kevin Hill.

I think it has a pretty decent shot of doing well since Criminal Minds will be in repeats for most of December.
Old 11-08-06, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

saw the trailer for this before Borat the other night...I thought it was for a movie at first. Looks WAY cool!! Can't wait.
Old 11-08-06, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm looking foward to it as well. While I dont' foresee it becoming one of the shows I cannot wait to watch every week, something about the premise gives me hope...

Oh, and I'll be happy so long as Ned Ryerson makes an appearance. Bing! I mean, am I right? Or am I right? Or am I right?
Old 11-08-06, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Looking forward to checking this out as well.
Old 11-08-06, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by FinkPish
Yeah, I'm working on the show (can't say how, don't wanna get in trouble).
It's good you're watching yourself. I've gotten in trouble at work before over things I have written online. It's no fun at all.

I don't wanna give anything away, but they make some really cool choices in how Hopper (Taye Digg's character) deals with solving some of his problems. I think (hope) people will like it.
Heck, I'll go ahead and DVR the first episode just on that. Good luck with it.
Old 11-08-06, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm out.

This show looks like rat droppings.
Old 11-09-06, 08:07 AM

Yeah, I'm working on the show (can't say how, don't wanna get in trouble). I don't wanna give anything away, but they make some really cool choices in how Hopper (Taye Digg's character) deals with solving some of his problems. I think (hope) people will like it.

Day Break is closer to Groundhog Day, in the sense that it is never explained why or how he is reliving the same day; he just is. Think The Fugitive meets Groundhog Day. I think Deja Vu goes into the actual science of being able to relive certain moments again. Some people were worried when the ads came out for Deja Vu, because it had a similar premise and a similar cast.
Interesting...I thought that we were going to understand how/why he was getting to relive all of these moments. Guess not...but we will learn what happens in his case right? Cool to have an insider here! Loved the Fugitive...interesting combination between a comedy & an action film. I am definitely going to catch the premiere!
Old 11-09-06, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This has got to be the best gig in Hollywood... You shoot the main plot and then you only have to shoot one or two new scenes for each episode. Can't beat that!

I'm just wondering how many times we can watch it over and over and over.
Old 11-09-06, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I'm working on the show (can't say how, don't wanna get in trouble).
So how is ABC handling this show? Is it a full-fledged "series" that runs 22-24 episodes during the LOST hiatus? I guess what I'm getting at is, will this have a 2nd season if it gets good ratings?

I'm tempted to watch it even with an already overloaded Tivo schedule, but I'd prefer something that I know is going to end. If it were a simple one season series, I'd be right there. The premise here just doesn't reassure me that I won't get hooked only to get halfway through S2 when the plug gets pulled. Of course with the premise wearing thin by then, I'll be begging for an ending (like I was starting to feel for ALIAS last season).
Old 11-09-06, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the commercials last night during Lost said something to the effect that everything would be wrapped up in 13 episodes? Perhaps this is a "limited series" that will fill in the hiatus and then be done - which makes sense, given the show's premise.
Old 11-09-06, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was reading the Matt Roush review in TV Guide and he said the show's concept has some strange rules: like if he gets injured he is still hurt the next day but if someone dies they are Ok the next day. That could be annoying.
Old 11-09-06, 09:13 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Tru dat.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.