Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart DVD Prices (November 12-19)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 11-08-06, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a Wal-Mart flyer in today's mail.

***New Releases***

The Da Vinci Code (With exclusive Bonus DVD "The Creation of the Da Vinci Code") = Low Price
John Tucker Must Die (With exclusive CD) = No Price listed
Ice Age: The Meltdown (With exclusive Bonus DVD "Chillin' with Scrat") = No Price listed
An Inconvienent Truth = No Price listed

2-packs (One Time Offer) $10 each
Antwone Fisher/ Men of Honor
Flight of the Phoenix (remake)/ Behind Enemy Lines
Ever After/ Never Been Kissed
There's Something About Mary/ Dodgeball
Fat Albert/ Dr. Dolittle (Eddie Murphy)
Jingle All the Way/ Home Alone 3
Stuck on You/ Me, Myself & Irene
Super Troopers/ Clud Dread
Just Married/ Dude, Where's My Car
Master & Commander/ The Last of the Mohicans
Mission: Impossible (SCE)/ Mission: Impossible II (SCE)
Clueless/ Mean Girls

TV Season Sets = $14.88 each
Friends: Season 1
Friends: Season 2
Friends: Season 3
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Four
The Mind of the Married Man: Complete First Season
Robot Chicken: Season 1
One Tree Hill: First Season
One Tree Hill: Second Season
Smallville: First Season
Smallville: Second Season
Smallville: Third Season
Smallville: Fourth Season
Gilmore Girls: First Season
Gilmore Girls: Second Season
Gilmore Girls: Third Season
Oz: First Season

Below Friends sets it says the following:
"Other sets also available"
So more season sets should be on sale as well.

Does anyone know if this sale will be available on-line?
Old 11-08-06, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If the sale were online also, that would add a shipping charge along with the sales tax. Seems B&M would be the way to go.

EDIT: Some locations already had the S4 of Smallville at that price a few weeks ago. I recall seeing a thread with that title.

Last edited by Xbox69; 11-08-06 at 04:39 AM.
Old 11-08-06, 08:09 AM

Is Smallville any good, at that price I may pick them up. I've heard good things just never watched it.
Old 11-08-06, 10:31 AM

Awesome prices on those DVD sets. Might get One Tree Hill: Second Season and Gilmore Girls: Third Season. Can't wait to see what other sets they'll have.
Old 11-08-06, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by VitiminJ
Is Smallville any good, at that price I may pick them up. I've heard good things just never watched it.
Smallville I recently bought them through familyvideo as a Blind buy also and I couldn't stop watching I had to get all the seasons 1-5 so i would say it was a great buy at a great price
Old 11-08-06, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good, and definitley worth picking up at that price! Think it may just be the cheapest I've ever seen them.
Old 11-08-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is ICE AGE 2 coming out a week early? I thought it was scheduled for 11/21 and not 11/14...

Edit: Saw the ad today and they are showing it a week early, its not out until 11/21 in store.

Last edited by Rammsteinfan; 11-12-06 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-08-06, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That OZ is a good price!
Old 11-08-06, 01:15 PM

wow those are some good prices! I think I may have to blind buy One Tree Hill's first 2 seasons.. Ofcourse I think I'll try and pricematch at Best Buy before heading to walmart...

Does anyone know if Walmart would have this ad available and what section I could find it in? I'll definitely need the ad for the people at best buy to believe me.
Old 11-08-06, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by TM63975
wow those are some good prices! I think I may have to blind buy One Tree Hill's first 2 seasons.. Ofcourse I think I'll try and pricematch at Best Buy before heading to walmart...

Does anyone know if Walmart would have this ad available and what section I could find it in? I'll definitely need the ad for the people at best buy to believe me.
yeah, i have about $500 worth of bestbuy gift cards... i'm gonna do the same thing... except for with smallville
Old 11-08-06, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got the very same sales circular yesterday. I notice that the Magnavox 8.5-inch Portable DVD Player*, MPD845 is $149.82. That's $10 higher than the current online price of $139.xx. You can choose "site to store" and save on shipping charges and pick up in-store. Sales tax still applies.

*page 3
Old 11-08-06, 01:40 PM

Going to have to grab the MI 2 pack for that price.
Old 11-08-06, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

For those of us who didn't get this Walmart flyer, can it be found at the local store?

I'd like to get an original of it for the purposes of PM'ing at BBY because my nearby WMT is almost always out of stock of everything I want, such as the Smallville sets.
Old 11-08-06, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
For those of us who didn't get this Walmart flyer, can it be found at the local store?

I'd like to get an original of it for the purposes of PM'ing at BBY because my nearby WMT is almost always out of stock of everything I want, such as the Smallville sets.
I received it in the mail. You may be able to find it in-store as well.

Tip: If you're ever at your local post office you might try rummaging thru the trash. I know it's not everyone's thing, lol but people tend to just throw out all this "junk mail" when they empty out their P.O. boxes. Often times you'll find some valuable coupons (Blockbuster, fast food, grocery specials), sales circulars -- magazines. I'm certain I could come away with a stack of these Wal-Mart ads if I was to go search tonight.
Old 11-08-06, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Amazon had Smallville season 5 for $30. Also, i'll look forward Gilmore Girls Season 1/2/3
Old 11-08-06, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts
Depends on your taste. I watched most of the 1st season but never cared for it. It's not very faithful to the Superman Mythos (hits and misses with more misses than hits) with rewrites/changes to large portions of the comic continuity. However if you're not a reader of the comics you'll never notice. IMHO it comes off like a 90210 type show (lots of teen angst) where one of the players has super powers.
Old 11-08-06, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Depends on your taste. I watched most of the 1st season but never cared for it. It's not very faithful to the Superman Mythos (hits and misses with more misses than hits) with rewrites/changes to large portions of the comic continuity. However if you're not a reader of the comics you'll never notice. IMHO it comes off like a 90210 type show (lots of teen angst) where one of the players has super powers.
I disagree.

Smallville pretty much reboots the Superman legend for a new and younger audience but still stays pretty close to mythos. It shows how Superman came to be and why he is who he is. Alot of good and bad times are shown throughout the seasons. Some episodes are corny but some are simply awesome. I think Clarks parents play a more important role sometimes than Clark himself.

Either way, you can't go wrong at $14.88 each.
Old 11-09-06, 03:32 PM

Does anybody know if these Smallville seasons are stripped down? I was telling a freind about the deal and he claims that the earlier seasons that are out now are missing features that were on the seasons when they first came out. Has anybody heard of this? I'm not really believing it. I think he's just jealous because he paid triple of what they sale for now and can't enjoy the fact there cheaper.
Old 11-09-06, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LoPan5705
Does anybody know if these Smallville seasons are stripped down? I was telling a freind about the deal and he claims that the earlier seasons that are out now are missing features that were on the seasons when they first came out. Has anybody heard of this? I'm not really believing it. I think he's just jealous because he paid triple of what they sale for now and can't enjoy the fact there cheaper.
never heard that they still have featurettes ... etc .
Old 11-09-06, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have tried to watch it twice but have never been able to get through a whole episode. To me, it's incredibly silly and stupid with horrible acting. I don't know a single person that likes the show. But that's me. It's apparent other people, and a lot of them, do like it. I think this is a show where you probably should try to catch an episode or two if it's syndicated where you live to see if it's something you might like. If so, go ahead.

On another note, the Friends seasons are just under $15 each, but DDD's 20% off sale starts tomorrow and the newer collector's edition series set comes out next week, and comes in at I think $15.xx per episode if you'd rather do that.
Old 11-10-06, 05:50 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I think Smallville is a good addition to the Superman myth and the first few seasons are worth purchasing. However, I think the series really jumped the shark last season when Lana joined a sorority filled with hot vampire chicks. After that it's been hunky, second-rate superheroes (Aquaman? Green Arrow?) and a lot of cheesecake.
Old 11-11-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Really hoping some back seasons of Lois & CLark will be included...
Old 11-11-06, 05:36 PM

Any suggestions on One tree Hill and Oz sets? Thanks
Old 11-11-06, 11:54 PM

Got the ad in the mail a couple days ago....just went and picked up OZ at the local Wally World. They were fully stocked on all titles.
Old 11-12-06, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I wish they were selling the South Park's for this cheap....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.