Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

James Bond Ultimate Edition problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-06, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
James Bond Ultimate Edition problem

I opened up my copy of Volume 1 today and found a booklet for "Licence to Kill" instead of "Goldfinger". Since I also bought Volume 2, I now have two "Licence to Kill" booklets and zero "Goldfinger" booklets.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Are all of your booklets accounted for? What should I do to get a copy of the "Goldfinger" booklet?
Old 11-07-06, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Just exchange the set and say one of the discs will not play.

or

Contact MGM, they send me a booklet for Platoon Special Edition in a week when I called and said I didn't get one in my dvd even thought it had a sticker advertising it.
Old 11-07-06, 04:36 PM

Hmm, someone on HTF had a similar problem only he had two "Die Another Day" booklets and no "Licence To Kill" booklet. Either way is fine, but personally I'd do what Willh51 said and just return it saying it didn't play.
Old 11-07-06, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the tips, guys. I took it back to Circuit City and said the disc wouldn't play. They let me swap it out for another copy with no hassle. Upon returning to my car I immediately opened it and found a "Goldfinger" booklet with no other duplicates.

Let's hope there are only a few isolated cases of this and the problem doesn't occur when volumes 3 & 4 come out.
Old 11-07-06, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Heres my problem: Every bonus disc in set 1 and 2, has Japanese characters/words on the menus. English is on the feature disk menus, but not the bonus features.

If you play one the bonus features, it plays in regular English audio, but auto starts Japanese subtitles.

But I just put a disk into my computer for screen caps, and it showed English text, then somehow switched to Spanish.

I dont know, I have a setting somewhere that has changed or what. Anyone else have this problem?

From DVD Player:

From PC Power DVD:
Old 11-07-06, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
strange that it would happen on your computer as well...
Old 11-07-06, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Both of my sets had 2 crumpled inserts in them, so I exchanged them.
Old 11-22-06, 11:24 AM

We've been told use this thread to complain about the James Bond DVDs, as opposed to starting new threads, so here goes.

Basically I got 2 "Live and Let Die" booklets and no "Living Daylights" booklet.

I can't bring them back to a store because I got them from Deep Discount DVD.

And I highly doubt they're going to allow me to return the discs for a replacement, nor do I want to wait the 4 weeks that would take, etc.

An email to MGM customer service resulted in an "email failed to send" notice.

Three times, actuallly.

Anyone got any thoughts on how to rectify this?

It's not a huge deal but I'd kinda like to have that booklet.

Help?
Old 11-22-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by stingermck
From PC Power DVD:
I didn't watch it on my puter, but a similiar thing happened to my set. I had one of the bonus menus on. Got up to go do something. Came back and all the options (Like in the above pic) had turned into spanish. I just figured that if you leave the menu on long enough, this will happen.
Old 11-22-06, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For me, maybe its overscan on my tv/dvd player, but on Goldfinger, some of the opening credits are cut off at the top of the screen (oppo player)
Old 11-22-06, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I received 2 booklets for the Man With a Golden Gun in my volume 1 set. It was missing the Living Daylights booklet. I hate to go through the hassle of exchanging the whole set since it took about 10 days to get it from DDD. Has anyone had luck getting the booklets directly from MGM?
Old 11-23-06, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by stingermck
Heres my problem: Every bonus disc in set 1 and 2, has Japanese characters/words on the menus. English is on the feature disk menus, but not the bonus features.

If you play one the bonus features, it plays in regular English audio, but auto starts Japanese subtitles.
Is your DVD player "all-region" by any chance? The DVD spec allows the DVD authors to set different settings based on region. If your DVD player is telling the disc that it's region 2, and since the DVD is NTSC video format, it might be assuming you're in Japan.

Alternatively, DVD players also have settings for the default menu and subtitle options for a film. Yours might be set to Japanese menu/subtitles. Since these settings won't affect a DVD unless the DVD actually has the menus and subtitles in question, that might be why it's not affecting other DVDs that you play.
Old 11-23-06, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i have a bit of a problem

when the dvd is stopped on "TWINE", the logo is a quarter of the way off the screen..is that happening to anyone else??
Old 11-23-06, 02:10 PM

Lasermovies, I had the exact same problem.

Emails sent to MGM customer service get bounced back immediately, which isn't a good sign.

But still I would imagine they'd rectify this error. IF one can ever actually reach them.
Old 11-23-06, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by IG80Nate
Lasermovies, I had the exact same problem.

Emails sent to MGM customer service get bounced back immediately, which isn't a good sign.

But still I would imagine they'd rectify this error. IF one can ever actually reach them.
Thanks for the information. I will try calling the 800 number next week to see if anyone can help.
Old 11-24-06, 01:39 PM

Hey can you possibly post the 800 number? I didn't see that on the site. I'll call 'em too and of course will report back with my findings.

Seeing as this is their error and not the error of the people who sell their stuff- I'm sure they'll make good on replacing those missing booklets.

Not sure WHEN they'll do it, but i'm sure they will, eventually.
Old 11-24-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Since MGM went through several mergers it took multiple calls to get the new customer service number (see below). However the customer service rep I spoke with (Erica) said they do not have any booklets. She said it would be easier if I exchanged it with the retailer I purchased it from instead. She did say she would look into it to see if they could obtain booklets, but it may take a while if they ever get any. If they got a flood of calls it may put pressure on them to get the booklets.

I really don't want to risk sending the set back to DDD only to have the same thing happen again, or run across more problems trying to get a set with the correct booklets. I would rather keep the set I have now as long as the DVDs are not defective.

1-888-223-2369
Old 11-24-06, 07:29 PM

I must have your set. I received 2 copies of Living Daylights booklets and no Man with the Golden Gun. How about we exchange.

I can send you a copy of the Living Daylights and you can send me Man with the Golden Gun.
I must have your set. I received 2 copies of Living Daylights booklets and no Man with the Golden Gun. How about we exchange.

I can send you a copy of the Living Daylights and you can send me Man with the Golden Gun.

I just sent you a PM. Send me a PM with your info

Thanks

dwien
Old 11-28-06, 10:57 AM

dwien, was that private message for me, or for lasermovies?

I'm assuming it was for lasermovies, because I never got a private, etc.

Just curious.

In any case deepdiscountdvd just emailed me back and said I can exchange the set for another one, at their expense.

Not sure I wanna do that tho, considering how long it took the first set to show up.

Decisions, decisions...
Old 11-28-06, 11:03 AM

Actually wait a sec- dvdtalk says I can't access private messages, for some reason.

Anyone have idea why this might be?

Seems that function is disabled for me.
Old 11-28-06, 11:36 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Geoff has disabled on-site private messages for all users. However, you can send someone an email by clicking on their public profile and selecting "Send a message via email."
Old 11-28-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by IG80Nate
dwien, was that private message for me, or for lasermovies?

I'm assuming it was for lasermovies, because I never got a private, etc.

Just curious.

In any case deepdiscountdvd just emailed me back and said I can exchange the set for another one, at their expense.

Not sure I wanna do that tho, considering how long it took the first set to show up.

Decisions, decisions...
The message was for me. We arranged to do a trade since we received duplicate booklets of what the other was missing. Saves the trouble of returning the whole set to DDD for another one.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Fox is willing to help with the booklet problems at this time, and the only solution is to either exchange the set, live with the duplicate, or trade booklets. I know that I personally didn't want to wait 2 to 3 weeks exchanging the set with DDD for a booklet.
Old 11-28-06, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

we should set up a forum here saying what you have and what you need..im sure this will increase with V 3 and 4 coming in two weeks. i am good, so there is no need for me to try to trade, but i feel for you, cuz i, too, am very anal about my dvds
Old 11-28-06, 11:54 AM

excellent idea paulringodaman.

Surely there are others who are stuck with extra booklets and yet lacking a booklet, etc.

Maybe we can make it easier for those folks to meet?
Old 11-28-06, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmm, looks like I'll have to make sure I have all the right inserts in my sets.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.