Search this Thread

Old 10-29-06, 11:35 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts
Brothers & Sisters - "For the Children" - 10/29/06

"For the Children"
Spoiler:
A very public and embarrassing forum exposes the Walker family's most personal business.
Old 10-29-06, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This episode was funny and snarky at times, and poignant for the wrap-up. So, maybe there is something more to Amber than her bubbliness. Kevin just can't get it right with Scotty, it seems. Tommy shooting blanks and married to a hottie, life's not fair. Nice ending scene between Nora and Sarah.

I find it funny that Saul is needing to come up with the password to get into the account that might have the $15 million that was embezzeled, but if Rifkin was still Sloane, he'd just have Marshall crack the code in lickety-split. It's pretty obvious that Saul thinks the password is either "rebecca" or "becca" and the other thing to draw from Holly's revelation that she has a daughter is that it's the love child between her and William Walker. I keep hoping the daughter shows up and that they cast
Spoiler:
Emily VanCamp
in the role (as it would appear that Berlanti is using some of the cast from his former show).

Nice Six Feet Under cameo with Robert Foxworth playing the lech who tries to feel up Nora.
Old 10-29-06, 10:41 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts
I liked it a lot.

The scenes with Nora and Kitty are always good and I loved Amber quoting Freud.

The party scenes were fun with Kevin getting drunk and the public sex jokes.
Old 10-30-06, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand why Saul needs to crack a password to get into this account. If his brotherinlaw is dead, couldn't his wife access the funds? Why hasn't he told the family about this account? Is he aiming to keep the money for himself, and screw the family over?
Old 10-30-06, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 756 Likes on 492 Posts
So, we are now totally to believe that Saul is innocent and all the signs that he was the crook weren't true? I'm just trying to make absolute sure about this. He still feels guilty to me, but maybe I watched too Alias in my life.

And why was it necessary to put a spoiler tag for someone you would like to see cast on the show? I think those spoiler tags have been getting WAY out of hand lately.

But anyway, I thought this was a pretty good ep, all in all. I think the show has really begun to find its footing and is developing very well.
Old 10-31-06, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ANDREMIKE
I don't understand why Saul needs to crack a password to get into this account.
Because he is trying desperately to shield Nora from how badly off the company is. It sounds silly, but I think he's genuinely that overprotective of her.

This was a strong episode except for the ending. The family outside the building just milling around was little to no closure except for Sarah.