Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Men in Trees 10/27/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-06, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Men in Trees 10/27/06

Another good episode following the aftermath of Patrick piecing his paternity together with Buzz's sneezes. Patrick is shocked and angry at his mother about the coverup, but it took being stuck in Buzz's cabin after an avalanche to accept the situation and continue to look forward, not backward.

Jack and Marin continue their dance of companionship and friendship as they pair up in the Buddy System to look for Patrick and Buzz after the avalanche (we all know it should lead to a full-on romance, it's like the futility of rolling a boulder uphill, there's too much chemistry between them to fight it).

Sarah makes a decision that impacts her relationship with Ben for the time being after her attempts to move forward are contantly thwarted by those who only expect what she provided in the past.

Last edited by Patman; 10-28-06 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-28-06, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn... I fully expected to loathe and detest this show when it premiered, but I constantly find myself being surprised by just how much I care about the characters and what is going on within the show.

And when Patrick told his mother that she was a "terrible mother," I will readily admit that I teared up at that.
Old 10-29-06, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
This show, for me, has been the surprise of the season - funny, fully realized characters and true to life relationships. It never (well, almost never) becomes treacly or too "cute", and the dialogue sounds like it's coming from real people. It's a great way to end the week; I'm a little sad that it's being moved, but I hope it translates into more viewers.

Last edited by mike7162; 10-29-06 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-29-06, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What day/time is it being moved to?
Old 10-29-06, 11:28 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
There was talk it may take Six Degrees spot, but I haven't read anything official. I believe the next new episode in Nov 10 and that's still a Friday.

I enjoyed this ep a lot.

I felt bad for Ben.

The stuff in the bar was great as were the scenes with Patrick.
Old 10-29-06, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Again, one of the ten shows we make time in our schedule never to miss. This ep was very touching. Sorry for Ben, he should have been asking her before presenting those changes. Buzz and Patrick are gonna have alot of catching up to do. Patrick's mom is starting to warm to Annie (finally). And the ranger was a dog groomer in a former life! Ha!