Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

How do you rank the upcoming James Bond Ultimate volumes?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-06, 10:10 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious how others rank the collection of DVDs in the upcoming James Bond Ultimate volumes. This isn't meant to be a review of the individual movies, but rather which of the seemingly arbitrary collections of DVDs (volumes 1, 2, 3, or 4) you're more interested in. Here's the list of volumes to refresh your memory:

Volume 1: Goldfinger, The Man With The Golden Gun, Diamonds Are Forever, The Living Daylights, The World Is Not Enough

Volume 2: Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Licence To Kill, Die Another Day

Volume 3: From Russia With Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Live And Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, Goldeneye

Volume 4: Dr. No, You Only Live Twice, Moonraker, Octopussy, Tomorrow Never Dies

My ranking (best to worst):
Volume 4 - I enjoy all 5 of these DVDs. The only volume where I won't have at least one DVD on the shelf that I feel I have to watch just because it is there.

Volume 3 - I could do without Live And Let Die, just don't feel the need to see that one again. The 2 early Bonds are arguably stronger than the 2 in volume 4.

Volume 1 - TMWTGG and Diamonds Are Forever bring this one down for me. The Living Daylights has some parts I really like, but I'm just not a Dalton fan. If the DVDs are sold individually later on, Goldfinger is the only one I think I'd buy from this set.

Volume 2 - The Spy Who Loved Me is the only one I want out of this volume. Three of the DVDs are among my least favorite in the Bond series. A View To A Kill is one that I grew up with, so that is probably the only reason I don't mind it.