Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

90210 Question about Brandon/Kelly

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90210 Question about Brandon/Kelly

i have been watching the 90210 reruns on soapnet and they just got done with the brandon/kelly called off wedding thing. IIRC, it was near the end of the season and in the next season, jason priestley left not too long into it. the whole 'almost' wedding seemed really abrupt and i was wondering if it was broken up because priestley already knew he would be leaving the next fall?
Old 10-24-06, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
--
Old 10-24-06, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Wow!
That episode probably aired 8-9 years ago. I recall Priestly did annouce he was leaving the show and had agreed to star in a very limited number of episodes the season he was leaving. Then, the show dragged on for 3-4 more seasons.
Old 10-24-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Wow!
That episode probably aired 8-9 years ago. I recall Priestly did annouce he was leaving the show and had agreed to star in a very limited number of episodes the season he was leaving. Then, the show dragged on for 3-4 more seasons.

He left early in S9. Luke Perry came back soon after Brandon left (he actually came back the same episode Val left). The series lasted about another season and a half after that (10 full seasons).
Old 10-24-06, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
They should have stopped the show once the kids left college.
Old 10-24-06, 01:48 PM

Either that, or they should have gone back to West Beverly for 90210: The New Class.
Old 10-25-06, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is it sad that I'm actually going to buy this series on DVD?

I hope I don't hate it now that I'm older.
Old 10-25-06, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
They should have stopped the show once the kids left college.

I agree, particularly since things ended pretty well tied-up at the end of S7.
Old 10-25-06, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still miss Screech and the gang. Did he ever bang Lisa? How about Mario doing so well on that dance show?
Old 10-25-06, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
He left early in S9. Luke Perry came back soon after Brandon left (he actually came back the same episode Val left). The series lasted about another season and a half after that (10 full seasons).
Yeah, Dylan showed up the episode after Brandon left. (I'm thinking it was based around Thanksgiving as Val was going to Buffalo to visit her mom for the holiday and at the last minute - decided that she would stay there for good.)

I thought it would have been cool to have Brandon leave/Dylan returned not only in the same episode but also the same scene. (They could have had Brandon leaving in his car-going down the street in one direction. We then pan to see a car coming up the street in the other direction but before we see who is in the car, we then cut to the party at Casa Walsh. The doorbell rings a few minutes later, Steve answers it and its Dylan at the door.)

Val could have left the episode before and even after-maybe having one last time with Dylan.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 10-25-06 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-25-06, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923
Is it sad that I'm actually going to buy this series on DVD?

I hope I don't hate it now that I'm older.

yes
Old 10-25-06, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was always annoyed that Shannon Dorhety didn't come back for at least the wedding episode. You'd think that Brenda would want to come to her TWIN brother & former best friend's wedding. She was on Charmed by that point so Spelling and her were at least working together.

I also seem to remember Brandon's parents weren't even there. I think his parents would be the type that would be there no matter what.
Old 10-25-06, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
you're thinking too much
Old 10-26-06, 05:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by resinrats
I was always annoyed that Shannon Dorhety didn't come back for at least the wedding episode. You'd think that Brenda would want to come to her TWIN brother & former best friend's wedding. She was on Charmed by that point so Spelling and her were at least working together.

I also seem to remember Brandon's parents weren't even there. I think his parents would be the type that would be there no matter what.

Jim and Cindy were there for the wedding. They gave a toast at the rehearsal dinner.

Also, there was one episode that seperated Brandon leaving and Dylan returning. Val left on Thanksgiving night and Dylan showed up minutes later, which means shouldn't have they ran into each other in the driveway?? lol