DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best deal on Bond sets?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 11:34 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best deal on Bond sets?

Hi,

I know we are all eager to see if the Bond DVDs will be available individually or not (my guess is that they will not be, but hopefully I am wrong), so I am trying to find the best price on the collections. So far, the best deal I've found is around $56-58 per set through amazon.com (price depends on whether it's volumes 1/2 or 3/4). Has anyone found anything better than that? Also, does anyone know if they are going to be slimpacks, thus discouraging us from selling off those we do not want to keep?

Thanks as always!
Old 10-24-06, 11:44 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Assuming DDD has their 20% off sale, they will be the best price for volumes 1 & 2. They're at $61.05 last I checked. So that would make them around $49. You just won't be able to get them on release day, you'll have to wait a week or two for the sale. Buy.com has volume 1 for $58.xx, so you could use Google Checkout to get $10 off that price. Use an American Express card at DDD to get 10% off orders over $50 and get volumes 3 & 4 for about $55 each. The Amex code is 'DVD' and expires Oct. 31.
Old 10-24-06, 11:47 AM

The 20% off deepdiscountdvd sale usually comes around thanksgiving, so if the current prices held, that would put v1/v2 at around $48. It probably wont be going on when v3/v4 hit.

Also, there is a fox mail in rebate that atleast applies to v1/v2(it came in the xmen 3 dvd). I think its $5 if you buy two of the qualified dvds, 3-$10, 5-$20. They don't show v3/v4 in there, but there will probably be an updated form with v3/v4 that includes them.
Old 10-24-06, 12:27 PM

Buy.com does not offer free-shipping with preorders (or backorders), so you'll want to place order on or after release day.
Old 10-24-06, 01:09 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Google Checkout deal at buy.com ends 10/31 so you'd have to pre-order and pay shipping to get that deal.
Old 10-24-06, 02:16 PM
Banned

I don't think pre-orders work with the google checkout deal on buy.com.