Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Need help remembering a few movies.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only really remember just a single scene from the first one. Set in the jungle, the star of the movie has a woman in his arms running towards the border line (and safety) as a marksmen is shooting from his tower trying to stop him. Eventually the sniper gets him in the knee and the two trying to escape collapse to the ground mere feet from the border. I'm pretty sure this came out sometime in the late 80's, early 90's and I think it had some big stars as the leads too.

The second movie was an older Italian movie (70's?), or maybe set in Italy can't remember, basically it was the story of two brothers who somehow get placed on opposite sides of a war and eventually meet on the battlefield and kill each other.

The last one was I believe a WWII movie made in the 60's probably. The only scene I can recall was the very end where an American GI is searching for his Japanese antagonist in some bombed out buildings that must of been set in Japan. He finally finds him and as they are about to fight an air raid kills them both.

I know all these scenes are very specific but I trust in your guys movie knowledge. Any help would be appreciated as anytime someone starts a thread like this, my mind goes back to these fragments and it kills me that I can't remember. TIA.
Old 10-24-06, 12:15 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Mano
I only really remember just a single scene from the first one. Set in the jungle, the star of the movie has a woman in his arms running towards the border line (and safety) as a marksmen is shooting from his tower trying to stop him. Eventually the sniper gets him in the knee and the two trying to escape collapse to the ground mere feet from the border. I'm pretty sure this came out sometime in the late 80's, early 90's and I think it had some big stars as the leads too.
Are you sure it's a jungle? sounds like the scene from Shining Through
Old 10-24-06, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by HN
Are you sure it's a jungle? sounds like the scene from Shining Through
I wasn't 100% on the jungle, no, and looking through the description on IMDB I think we have a winner, Thanks HN!

So that's one down two to go.
Old 10-24-06, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mano
The last one was I believe a WWII movie made in the 60's probably. The only scene I can recall was the very end where an American GI is searching for his Japanese antagonist in some bombed out buildings that must of been set in Japan. He finally finds him and as they are about to fight an air raid kills them both.
Out of the context of the plot you described, this one sounds like the end of Hell in the Pacific.
Old 10-24-06, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FinkPish
Out of the context of the plot you described, this one sounds like the end of Hell in the Pacific.
Wow, you guys are great, 2 for 2. Thanks FinkPish!
Old 10-24-06, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
And the Italian one you described sounds justs like Brotherhood of War, except that was set in Korea, and isn't as old as you described. That might be a good jumping off point in searching for the one you are thinking of.
Old 10-24-06, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FinkPish
And the Italian one you described sounds justs like Brotherhood of War, except that was set in Korea, and isn't as old as you described. That might be a good jumping off point in searching for the one you are thinking of.
I've actually seen Tae Guk Gi, and while similar it's not the one I was thinking of, a good movie in it's own right though. Thanks for the effort!