Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 10 -- "Maybe Steven Segal Will See Me..." -- 10/22/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will be eliminated tonight?
David and Mary (Married Couple)
21.05%
Dustin & Kandice (Beauty Contestants)
0%
Lyn and Karlyn (Single Moms)
31.58%
Peter & Sarah (Dating)
31.58%
Rob & Kimberly (Dating)
0%
Tyler and James (Models)
5.26%
Erwin and Godwin (Brothers)
10.53%
Non Elimination
0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-06, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

"Maybe Steven Segal Will See Me and Want Me to Be in One of His Movies"
Spoiler:
One team gets lost while searching for a clue in Kuwait, allowing three other teams to pass them before they get back on track; a new twist to the game gives a penalty to every team that does not finish first on this leg.

Producer(s): Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram Van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Hayma Screech Washington.

Original Airdate: October 22, 2006.
Old 10-22-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
DVR Alert for those receiving the Denver/Cleveland game at 4:05 ET (although I don't know how it works for MT folks) - this includes parts of FL and LA, the Charlotte viewing area, NYC, NJ and Philly viewing areas, and most of Ohio, Wisconsin and Michigan. There will likely be a runover so pad accordingly.
Old 10-22-06, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Huh? If what is posted about the new twist in the spoiler is correct, then

Spoiler:
it doesn't just apply to David and Mary? Last week their penalty for coming last wasn't losing their money and belongings, but being penalized 30 minutes if they didn't finish first this leg. So this is going to apply all teams (although we don't know the times, I can't see it being different than 30 minutes)? Or am I reading this wrong?
Old 10-22-06, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice fast forward
Old 10-22-06, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Let's see if helping Dave and Mary will come back to bite the Cho brothers in the butt.
Old 10-22-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes!!!!
Old 10-22-06, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Wait...so the three-legged team didn't even complete the last task?
Old 10-22-06, 08:06 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by skatefan20
Wait...so the three-legged team didn't even complete the last task?
No -- when a team is in last place on an elimination leg, at a certain point, the producers will just send them straight to the pit stop. Usually, they do it the way they did it with Team Tripod (by changing the clue in the next clue box), although one time they sent Phil out to where one team was working on a challenge and had Phil send them home from there.
Old 10-22-06, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Any idea how far behind they were?

And who said that line about Steven Segal? I must have missed it.
Old 10-22-06, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It was like Sarah pretty much called Peter a jackass to his face. Haha.
Old 10-22-06, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movieking
And who said that line about Steven Segal? I must have missed it.
Mary from team Kentucky just before they were doing the fast forward with the oil fire.
Old 10-22-06, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
It was like Sarah pretty much called Peter a jackass to his face. Haha.
well she said he wasn't caring and compassionate....kind of harsh to say in front of him, especially cause he still needs to fix the leak in her running thing. I felt bad for him sorta cause he was pretty nice about what he said to Phil...

Overall, great episode... KY's "Friends in Low Places" shirts crack me up. It was Mary who said, as she was suiting up, "maybe Steven Segal will see me and put me in his next movie!" haha

I am starting to really like Dustin and Kandice...I thought they were good lookin before, but didn't really root for them. But they are pretty stinkin good...and looked hotter than they ever have on this leg...ooooh baby!
Old 10-22-06, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am so glad annoying Peter and Sarah is gone. Pretty dumb of the Cho brothers though to let David and Mary get the fast forward. Also, that fast forward was way too easily.
Old 10-22-06, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't get me wrong, Sarah ain't all sweetness and light, either, but Peter simply has little self-awareness when he should have expressed empathy instead of staying on auto-pilot in the "encouragement" department.
Old 10-22-06, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Worst fast forward ever. I really hope the Cho's, "sistahs," or rednecks do not win. I want a team who understands that this is a race, and not a mixer, to win.
Old 10-22-06, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
at how late the losing team was - pitch black and the local greeter wasn't even there.

The Asian guys are pretty cool. I'll be rooting for them to win. The blondes are okay. Don't care for any of the other teams.

As for that one dumb broad who called a mosque a 'mask' and then a 'church,' all hail the carbon blob.

I think it was kind of lame to put the FF after a non-elimination leg with the new penalty they have. I really do miss the old TAR where there were FFs on every leg but the last one.
Old 10-22-06, 10:57 PM
Banned

Woo hoo Peter and Sarah are gone!
Old 10-22-06, 11:11 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Peter came last and got dumped
Old 10-23-06, 12:10 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
So happy to see them go home
Old 10-23-06, 12:48 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Did you all notice that they had the Disabilty placard in the car at one point, when the guy took them to the supermarket. That's pretty lame, they brought a US (California) disability placard on the race with them.

Glad they are gone the race will be a happier place now.
Old 10-23-06, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone else feel older than dirt when that blonde chick said her dad was in the Gulf War?

I am glad that Sarah and Peter lost. Watching their relationship unravel during the race was pretty depressing. Some couples you can kind of predict it happening once they get home, but it was pretty uncomfortable to watch all the asides with Sarah talking about how she doesn't like him anymore.
Old 10-23-06, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Quite the "funny" image week after week with Peter kicking back while Sarah does all the hard work.
Old 10-23-06, 09:35 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Did anyone else feel older than dirt when that blonde chick said her dad was in the Gulf War?

It wasn't just that her Dad fought in the Gulf War. It was that she was eight when he was over there. Now I feel dirty for all the times I've thought about how attractive she is.
Old 10-23-06, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Did you all notice that they had the Disabilty placard in the car at one point, when the guy took them to the supermarket. That's pretty lame, they brought a US (California) disability placard on the race with them.

Glad they are gone the race will be a happier place now.

I noticed that too... this chick participates in triathlons, does her best to make sure we don't forget that.... and yet uses a handicap parking card?
Before anyone gets all pc on me.. I understand that there are probably plenty of times when she should use it.. but I think when you're in the Amazing Race... with all that comes with... it's a little unfair.
Didn't the Kentucky lady sprain her ankle? I don't think she was given any special treatment.
Why are we surprised? Didn't she use the handicap excuse in order to board the plane before everyone else?
Good riddance!

I'm rooting for Erwin and Goodwin. They may not be the most competitive but they're good sportsmen.
Old 10-23-06, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF

It wasn't just that her Dad fought in the Gulf War. It was that she was eight when he was over there. Now I feel dirty for all the times I've thought about how attractive she is.
Heh... well I was nine, old people, so she's perfect for me! If only I wasn't average-looking and introverted... meh.

Not sure how Peter could have been a bigger ass for most of that trip. Seems like he had to pour salt (battery acid?) in Sarah's wounds every time she made a mistake of some sort.

Definitely cheering for Erwin/Godwin (even if their niceness is bound to get the best of them), Tyler/James, and Dustin/Kandace, but KY are damn likeable as well. Just not the moms at this point...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.