Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Who's playing Lumines Live?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-06, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's playing Lumines Live?

It was the only game I had when I had a PSP and it was awesome on that so naturally I had to get the 360 version.

All of M$'s Tom Foolery with the pricing scheme aside, it's still an incredible game and a hell of a gaming experience. No game has ever drawn my attention like Lumines and in HD with full 5.1 on the 360 it's only gotten better. All the music from the PSP version has been replaced with sub-par stuff but the core gameplay and visuals are still intact. Apparently they're going to be adding music videos in the future, for a price of course. Finally, an XBLA game worth the cash (for me at least).
Old 10-21-06, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dnt know if its 'worth the cash' , but I think the way they're going about it, saying up front "hey listen, we know you all want this game...and we COULD just release it for $60 in stores, but we'll do it over XBLA and make you pay about that much in add on packs and what not.

That being said. My current opinion is its awesome, and I wish I wouuld have had the PSP version to compare it to.
Old 10-21-06, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's still a great game for this price. If it was on a disc, people would be getting it without question. But, because is an XBLA title people assume it must be cheap. The biggest downside to the games on XBLA is you can't sell the game after you finish it. I haven't got the advance pack yet but I'm probably get that soon.
Old 10-21-06, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

oh no doubt. I'm glad to see a "retail" game on Arcade. I hope its the wave of the future.

I would love to be able to see EA release Madden 08 for 2000 points, and then add on stadiums/unis/stuff like that for the "hardcore" amongst us.
Old 10-21-06, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm loving it, which is what I expected since I enjoyed the PSP version. I just hope they get the lag in online play sorted out soon.
Old 10-21-06, 08:28 AM

My wife and I are loving this game as well. We've been playing against each other and are having a blast.
Old 10-21-06, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I like it, but it's far harder than my cell phone version.
Old 10-21-06, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have it too but I'm pretty bad at it right now.
Old 10-21-06, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The trick is, apparently to just zone out while playing it. ANd get in the "zone".

Not sure if anyone of you are Burnout guys, but there was a point playing Burnout where you get "in the zone" and you're playing more by twitch then by thought. When you start realizing what you're doing, you usually fuck up. Kind of the same thing here. Just go with the flow.
Turn the lights off, turn the HUD all the way down as dark as it can go, so its just you and the board, and go for it.
Old 10-22-06, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does anyone else find that certain block patterns are easier to clear than others? The color doesn't seem to matter too much but, I think the true square shapes are easier than the circles, paw prints, etc.
Old 10-22-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Thunderball
The trick is, apparently to just zone out while playing it. ANd get in the "zone".

Not sure if anyone of you are Burnout guys, but there was a point playing Burnout where you get "in the zone" and you're playing more by twitch then by thought. When you start realizing what you're doing, you usually fuck up. Kind of the same thing here. Just go with the flow.
Turn the lights off, turn the HUD all the way down as dark as it can go, so its just you and the board, and go for it.
You forgot the part about the 3 foot bong sitting next to your chair.
Old 10-22-06, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by edstein
Does anyone else find that certain block patterns are easier to clear than others? The color doesn't seem to matter too much but, I think the true square shapes are easier than the circles, paw prints, etc.
Agreed. I can do fine in skins like Cirles and Morning Beats, while JUST is a pain.

Last edited by alxreys; 10-22-06 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-22-06, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

once I get to that trippy hippy one with the brown & green I shit the bed.
Old 10-22-06, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

before anyone else buys this, check my post in the sticky xbox360 thread. Looks like a pricing change due to the negative backlash.
Old 10-23-06, 12:55 AM

For anyone who needs help completing the single-lap-quarter-million achievement...

I've created a Skin Play List that I found to be the easiest route possible. There aren't enough easy skins to fill the whole playlist, so I chose the most point-giving skins as well. Here's the list (advance pack needed):

Aoi
So that someone may visit you.
HIKARU frame work
The mission to The moon
HOLIDAY IN SUMMER
Shadow of Grand Father
TINTOY
DARKSIDE BESIDE THE RIVER
Big Elpaso
Mysterious travel to Asia

The beginning half is incredibly easy, especially for combos. It gets tougher later on, but I threw in possibly the best comboing skin "Big Elpaso" there as a savior for those having trouble. I found myself passing 250k at around TINTOY, using this method, so there was plenty of time to spare.

Now go out there and get that achievement!
Old 10-23-06, 06:49 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by s}{ammer
before anyone else buys this, check my post in the sticky xbox360 thread. Looks like a pricing change due to the negative backlash.
That would be great, and if the price does drop, I'll most likely get it.

But I'm skeptical about it actually happening. What would they do for those people that already bought it at the inflated price? Either say fu and thats it, or refund them points?
Old 10-23-06, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

how the hell do you guys get those sweet scores I had a tough time breaking through 30k! It's a great puzzler, I just need to figure out the best method
Old 10-23-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
how the hell do you guys get those sweet scores I had a tough time breaking through 30k! It's a great puzzler, I just need to figure out the best method
Tell me about it. As soon as I get to that leopard print skin, it's all over. I feel like I'm failing an IQ test or something.
Old 10-23-06, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
The best way I've found is to wait for those special blocks that clear all of the same color and build around them till you've nearly covered the screen then use them. You get a good bonus and another good one when the other color clears on the next pass.
Old 10-23-06, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
Tell me about it. As soon as I get to that leopard print skin, it's all over. I feel like I'm failing an IQ test or something.
They have a leopard print!??!
Old 10-23-06, 02:08 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Man.. you guys need to stop talking about this game..

Reading it all makes me want to jump on Live and buy it.

But I'm sticking to my guns and not supporting the method and mess I feel this release was.

As I said in another thread, It's a shame too. I was really excited about this game when I first heard it was announced. I never played the PSP version and was really looking forward to playing it on my 360.
Old 10-23-06, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Vryce
Man.. you guys need to stop talking about this game..

Reading it all makes me want to jump on Live and buy it.

But I'm sticking to my guns and not supporting the method and mess I feel this release was.

As I said in another thread, It's a shame too. I was really excited about this game when I first heard it was announced. I never played the PSP version and was really looking forward to playing it on my 360.
Amen brother. On every single point. Was looking forward to it, but the nickle & diming pricing scheme(the only correct term to discribe it) is pushing me away. I'm sticking to my guns as well, despite how fun it sounds.

I have no problem with the total price, I'd pay that for a retail release with a disc/case/manual, but this whole thing is a mess and the only way to make these companies come to their senses is for people to stop blindly buying into the madness.

You are all sheep.
Old 10-25-06, 03:34 PM

I still like the game a lot but Im disappointed by the crappy music. PSP version was way better in that regard.
Old 10-25-06, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK - broke through my roadblock last night and "died" on the dancing coffee bean level. Stupid game, it's too addicting. I forsee 600 points draining from my account soon to get the advance pack
Old 03-08-07, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

does anyone still play this game? It's impossible to find a match online now :-(

I hope they would price drop it a tad just to rekindle some interest

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.