Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Halloween Repeat Viewings

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-06, 09:41 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What movies is everyone going to rewatch to get into the mood for Halloween?

I traditionally rewatch Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow. It fits the Halloween mood and Tim Burton seems like a Halloween Director.

I generally watch a Batman movie around Halloween either Burton's Batman or Batman Returns but I think this year I'll go with Batman Begins. I love Burton but Batman Begins is more the Batman movie I wanted. Batman with his mask and villians always seems very Halloween to me.

I always like a traditional charcters movie like Van Helsing, Bram Stroker's Dracula or Frank Langella's Dracula movie. I'll probably watch Coppola's Dracula since I recently saw Van Helsing.

Then you need to watch to slasher film. I'm not a friday the 13th fan and Nightmare doesn't feel halloween to me. I think I'll probably see Scream or Scream 2 or the original Halloween. I hated scream 3 and almost all of the Halloween sequels.

I probably won't get a chance to watch all these films but I'll try over the course of the next week and half.

Last edited by sabre; 10-20-06 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-20-06, 11:00 AM

For me, Disney's Headless Horseman cartoon is a must. I've watched the Great Pumpkin several times -a day- with my nieces (2 & 4 yrs old) for the past two weekends. Halloween and Pumpkinhead are also my list of must sees'. . .
Old 10-20-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Watched Halloween and The Thing recently... will probably throw in Sleepy Hollow, Van Helsing and some Treehouse of Horror eps at some point.

Renting Monster House next wk as well.
Old 10-20-06, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
I usually try to watch "Halloween" around this time of year. The last two years I haven't had time to actually sit down and watch it, but at the very least I've been able to have it on in the background while I'm cleaning or doing homework or something along those lines.

And I always, always, always watch at least ten minutes of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" when it's on this time of year. VH1 used to play it on Halloween night although I'm not sure if they still do, but they usually play it at least a couple of times throughout the month, I think. I've never been able to watch the whole thing all the way through, but ten minutes here and there seems to be sufficient for me.
Old 10-20-06, 01:22 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HALLOWEEN 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, H2O or RESURRECTION, one of them randomly every year.
Old 10-20-06, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Not sure what I'll repeat this Halloween, but I'll have Sundance on for the Jess Franco triple-feature (Double-feature, actually, since I'm not gonna check out Vampryes Lesbos again. But I haven't seen the other 2,The Devil Came from Akasava and She killed in esctacy)
Old 10-20-06, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey all,

Like Lopper stated, I rarely have time to sit and watch entire movies as well, but i'll put them on when going to bed, cleaning, etc.... Here are my top flicks to watch around Hallowe'en...

1) Any of Romero's Dead Films
2) NOTLD '90
3) Any of the Re-Animator films
4) Boogymen: Killer Compilation (i know, i know)
5) The Fog (original)
6) The Guardian (you know, with Camilla!)
7) Milo & Otis
8) There are more, but no point in listing them

But, even thinking about these films puts me in the mood for Hallowe'en

Later,

Matt!
Old 10-20-06, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Last year it was Blair Witch Project for me...

This year I'm checking out my HD DVD versions of Corpse Bride and The Thing.