Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best option for Over The Hedge bonus disc?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-06, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't see any posts about this already, but I was wondering what's the general consensus on who has the best bonus item? Best Buy has the comic strip collection. Circuit City has the 48 page hardcover guide. Target has the music cd. I think Walmart has a bonus dvd or something. What do you guys think? Pricing isn't really an issue because I can pricematch for the most part (except at Target).
Old 10-17-06, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Personally I'd go with the WM bonus DVD if it is a decent length (at least 30 mins) and of good quality (like the one they had with Wallace and Grommit TCotWR)
Old 10-17-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts
WM usually won't PM when they have a bonus disc, because they consider that a 2-pack item and will only offer to PM the single disc version instead.

Similarly, the Target version with the CD is considered a 2-pack item and is listed at $23 or so..

I got it from Family Video yesterday. The hardcover book at CC looks pretty nice for the kids.
Old 10-17-06, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say CC since they won't charge you extra for a bonus offer like WalMart.
Old 10-17-06, 02:21 PM

lol, somebody changed the title of my thread. It doesn't totally work though because it's not just a bonus discs.
Old 10-17-06, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went with the CC deal..Since it was still the cheapest. And I can put the book away to give my son for the holidays.
Old 10-17-06, 05:08 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Sadly, I bought them all.

I'll give one extra movie to my neice, not sure what to do with the other 2 yet.
Old 10-17-06, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Came back.

Bought two copies, Wal-Mart and Circuit City, the extra going on Ebay tonight.

The Wal-Mart bonus DVD appears decent enough. The Circuit City hardcover book looks nice, slick graphics and images; solid bonus.

The Best Buy bonus book is NOT an exclusive, it's a freebie. The book itself can be bought at any book store. The CD from Target is what my opposite would label, "fake exclusive". It's just a mix CD with songs sung by their original artist. NOT a soundtrack. I'm not sure that to make of it. Seems pretty poor of an effort. The Target DVD comes in a fold-out foil slip cover. It appears to be nicer than the actual CD.

Oh. Circuit City screwed up. The price with the hardcover book is twenty bucks. It rang for $14.99. Sway!

Last edited by JohnIan; 10-17-06 at 07:58 PM.