Search this Thread

Old 10-12-06, 10:54 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
ER - "Parenthood" - 10/12/06

"Parenthood"
Spoiler:
Gates is stuck in a complicated living situation; Abby and Kovac consider hiring help as they juggle work and the new baby; Neela is disappointed when Dr. Crenshaw (J.P. Manoux) assigns menial jobs instead of surgical procedures.
Old 10-12-06, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Morris has absolutely no subtlety in his psychological makeup. Good scrap at the soccer game.

Abby finds some enlightening stories while posing as a nanny among nannies. Definitely need to bump up the number of nanny-cams if you employ them.

Gates is hounded by Pratt, but manages to bring some innovation to the ER. His homelife is a bit complicated, being the live-in boyfriend, and also on the make with Neelah.

Neelah finds out how much Gallant was worth to the army. She also manages to impress with a trach in spite being relegated to scrub duty for surgeons. Her friend Kate was cute, perhaps Ray will hit it soon.

Anyhow a decent balance of the ER cases and the revolving subplots of the doctors and interns.
Old 10-12-06, 11:19 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Good episode

The stuff with Morris was hilarious as was Abby with the nannies.

They toned down Gates level of annoyance which was good.
Old 10-13-06, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Edith Bunker?
Old 10-13-06, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Do they have enough doctors sniffing after Neelah?
Old 10-14-06, 03:09 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm confused on the Morris subplot, I missed the 1st episode this year. How is he the father of that kid and how did he find out?
Old 10-14-06, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blairwitchfan
I'm confused on the Morris subplot, I missed the 1st episode this year. How is he the father of that kid and how did he find out?
This was from an episode lasty ear.
He was a sperm doner.
Old 10-14-06, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
In his college days, he was a sperm donor, and he finds out that his sperm fathered, I think, 5 kids who finds him at the ER after they do some research to find their biological father. All the kids have the redheaded gene prominent in their appearance.
Old 10-14-06, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Gates is hounded by Pratt, but manages to bring some innovation to the ER. His homelife is a bit complicated, being the live-in boyfriend, and also on the make with Neelah.
So what's the deal with Gates - it seems like the writers are heading towards him having some kind of reading disability or something. It seems implausible that he could be a paramedic and get through med school if he was completely illiterate. Pratt is always on him about being slow with his charts, he was dictating his notes in this episode and he was also listening to that lecture (or textbook) on tape. Kovac also mentioned to Pratt about people learning differently. However, I did like that they made his character a little less annoying this episode.

Also, wasn't that Lourdes Benedicto as one of the nannies? Didn't she play a med student that Carter went out with for a few eps back in season 7 or 8?
Old 10-15-06, 03:24 AM
Banned

Gates looks to be their new "Doug Ross" after they took Kovach in a different direction and failed miserably with Malucci.
Old 10-15-06, 07:35 PM

Missed the first half of the ep--was that Busy Phillips playing the Christian intern? Good to see her working with Linda Cardellini again. Maybe they can bring Bill Haverchuck (Martin Starr) onto the cast too!