Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Jericho - "Walls of Jericho" - 10/11/06

lordwow
10-11-06, 02:24 PM
Jericho - Episode 104 - Walls of Jericho - 10/11/06

Jake finds a stranger who is sick with radiation poisoning and he must make a decision whether or not to help him. The hospital’s generator is running out of gas and the residents find that their supplies are also running low.

phantom_azazel
10-11-06, 08:37 PM
my local cbs bumped it till 2am

yohansen5b
10-11-06, 08:39 PM
the episode isn't finished airing for me yet and i'm becoming annoyed with how many leaps they make for even basic things. for example, i do not understand how people are just relaxing around town. if there was an apparent nuclear attack in several major cities in America, wouldn't people be seriously shell shocked? i remember the days after september 11 where people were glued to tv news, too lethargic and depressed to do anything else. i mean -- if denver was completely destroyed and my town was within line of site of the blast, i don't think i'd really be in the right mind to be flirting with women or making time for an affair. maybe it's just me.

lotsofdvds
10-11-06, 08:39 PM
Can they find some way to kill every child on this show? Seriously, all of them. Dead. Please.

Mopower
10-11-06, 08:41 PM
Too bad the stuck up chick didn't die with her parents.

Mopower
10-11-06, 08:50 PM
We'll here is what I think happened...

The black guy and Victor are part of the same group that set off the nukes in an attempt to overthrow the government. I think the tanks are part of the same group as well. I think it is a splinter cell of the military and government officials wanting to take over. But I don't know why the black guy is in Jericho whit his fake family.

aktick
10-11-06, 09:04 PM
We'll here is what I think happened...

The black guy and Victor are part of the same group that set off the nukes in an attempt to overthrow the government. I think the tanks are part of the same group as well. I think it is a splinter cell of the military and government officials wanting to take over. But I don't know why the black guy is in Jericho whit his fake family.
Wait, why would the family be fake?

bboisvert
10-11-06, 09:13 PM
And, with the 4th episode, I think I might be throwing in the towel on this one. I don't see this headed in any directions I consider interesting...

Mopower
10-11-06, 09:20 PM
Wait, why would the family be fake?

Well the family as in the mom and kids are real relatives but he is not the real father. And the whole conversation about getting their stories straight incase they talk to someone from town.

JasonF
10-11-06, 10:39 PM
Well the family as in the mom and kids are real relatives but he is not the real father. And the whole conversation about getting their stories straight incase they talk to someone from town.

:hscratch: He's the real father. Everything else is a lie, but he's the real father. If you're refering to the pointed comments his kids made, that's just because the was never "there for them."

Patman
10-11-06, 10:41 PM
The people in this town partying it up have got to be the worst written segments of this show. I mean, WTF?

Now, the fake black family does seems to have more to do with the bad events that just happened, rather than just being on the run for something before the nuke events.

aktick
10-11-06, 10:47 PM
The people in this town partying it up have got to be the worst written segments of this show. I mean, WTF?
Yep, that's the worst part of the show for me. I could see people sitting around getting plastered if they knew there was nothing else they could do, but the way it's happening is just dumb.

MFRONE
10-11-06, 11:10 PM
the episode isn't finished airing for me yet and i'm becoming annoyed with how many leaps they make for even basic things. for example, i do not understand how people are just relaxing around town. if there was an apparent nuclear attack in several major cities in America, wouldn't people be seriously shell shocked? i remember the days after september 11 where people were glued to tv news, too lethargic and depressed to do anything else. i mean -- if denver was completely destroyed and my town was within line of site of the blast, i don't think i'd really be in the right mind to be flirting with women or making time for an affair. maybe it's just me.
Who says they are relaxing? The townspeople can't do anything else but go to this bar because it has power (for the time being). When Skeet came to round up people to help him find that group from Denver everyone was just stairing at the TV in shock.

As for Payton Manning and his affair, I will agree that it's stupid.

lordwow
10-11-06, 11:25 PM
This show was painful.

MrX
10-11-06, 11:29 PM
I had to laugh at the deputy talking about the tanks being from China, Iran, or Noth Korea:lol:

Jaguyver save the day again

Mopower
10-11-06, 11:31 PM
:hscratch: He's the real father. Everything else is a lie, but he's the real father. If you're refering to the pointed comments his kids made, that's just because the was never "there for them."

I just watched that scene again and your right. It threw me off at first when the wife was saying what happened to her mother to him.

Josh-da-man
10-11-06, 11:41 PM
"Fake black family?"

They're not really black?

This is getting boring. Someone from another board described the series like a bunch of supporting characters sitting around waiting for the leads to show up.

And I disagree that all of the people sitting around on their asses at the bar is inaccurate. I grew up in small-town Kansas, and this is pretty much what I would expect under such circumstances. Most of the people would head for the bars and bemoan the lack of football or NASCAR on the TV, and the rest would start stockpiling guns for the when the Communist troops in black UN helicopters show up.

bigsoos
10-11-06, 11:48 PM
I had to laugh at the deputy talking about the tanks being from China, Iran, or Noth Korea:lol:

Jaguyver save the day again
the tanks could be from Al-Qaeda, omg

Patman
10-12-06, 12:02 AM
I sort of wished the tank would have blown up when the guy just knocked the retaining cover on the tank.

agent2099
10-12-06, 12:17 AM
This episode moved extremely slow. I can't believe they took up an hour of television with how much they "advanced" the plot.

Scorpio
10-12-06, 12:40 AM
True, I find some of the people too relaxed for what is going on, but I'm really into this show.

lordwow
10-12-06, 01:11 AM
I sort of wished the tank would have blown up when the guy just knocked the retaining cover on the tank.

I think this scene is a metaphor for the entire series. A lot of action with a result that is not what anyone is interested in.

My goodness... best line from the previews: "THIS IS HOMELAND SECURITY STAY WHERE YOU ARE!"

DvdGene
10-12-06, 02:35 AM
Sup with the African-American? He's up to something...

Did the rest of the Four Horsemen return to Jericho after Jake found the planes? I thought they were gonna look for the tanks that were spotted earlier.

Finisher
10-12-06, 03:26 AM
Did the rest of the Four Horsemen return to Jericho after Jake found the planes? I thought they were gonna look for the tanks that were spotted earlier.
They stopped at a bar.

cdollaz
10-12-06, 08:13 AM
I can't imagine in a real nuclear attack, parents would just let kids run all around town, especially since they still do not know what is going on.

Red Dog
10-12-06, 08:39 AM
I can't imagine in a real nuclear attack, parents would just let kids run all around town, especially since they still do not know what is going on.

Yeah - this is the hardest part of the story for me.

This was a very boring episode.

CPA-ESQ.
10-12-06, 09:02 AM
This is the Police:

We are here to stop this raging party

"why"

For starters, you are using too much power... and second, you are hanging out with a total loser guy.

"Oh my God"

Can't you see that ever since that nerd got here, it totaly killed the party. Your friend would rather go home and sit in the dark than hang out here drink soda and eat chips.

Patman
10-12-06, 09:05 AM
$20 bags of chips!

lordwow
10-12-06, 09:15 AM
I could understand things getting very desperate as supplies get low, supply and demand and all of that. But seriously... $20 for a bag of chips for your party?

Groucho
10-12-06, 09:29 AM
The writers for this show sure hate teenagers. :lol:

Mopower
10-12-06, 09:31 AM
The writers for this show sure hate teenagers. :lol:

They also apparently hate the show's viewers.

SteelWill
10-12-06, 09:59 AM
One manual respirator in an entire hospital?

Geofferson
10-12-06, 10:01 AM
Weak episode...if this continues, I'm going to bail.

boogieman03
10-12-06, 11:02 AM
Glad to see I wasn't the only one hating the episode. Ugh.

And to the creepy kid with no social skills. They call you creepy cause you just stand there and stare at people like you're plotting their death. Either get on with it, or get teh f out.

Mopower
10-12-06, 11:16 AM
Glad to see I wasn't the only one hating the episode. Ugh.

And to the creepy kid with no social skills. They call you creepy cause you just stand there and stare at people like you're plotting their death. Either get on with it, or get teh f out.

I thought it was funny that the ugliest girl at the party was the friend that kept making jokes about him.

marty888
10-12-06, 12:06 PM
The basic premise still holds promise, but I have to agree with those who are getting impatient with the lack of any sense of direction, and the improbable behavior of so many people.

CitizenY
10-12-06, 12:15 PM
could a good use of the townspeople's time be to go to the parked railroad train and bring back ALL THE FRAKING food!!!

WTF.... they will be starving in a month and the boy and the store owner are worried about themselves!....all of that produce and meat is going to ruined.....however, I suppose train could be contaminated... but them the dinty moore products would be too!!!

Come on...

Also the drama with the fuel truck, could they have taken a 2-3 gallon can to the generator then gotten a safer (plastic) tank to transport the bulk of the fuel.... even if they had to make three trips it would have been smarter and safer and the generator NEVER would have stopped. stupid fraks, did any of them graduate from high school?

I also loved the musical shift when they showed the gas truck, it reminded me of the 'dukes of hazard' a little.

Shannon Nutt
10-12-06, 12:26 PM
I'm still getting over how the bar keeps insisting on using its generator power to run those silly TV sets. What a waste.

"This isn't just a fight for our survival...it's a fight for our HUMANITY!"

Anyone else think that line was particularly silly? Then again, I shouldn't make fun...Gerald McRaney is about the ONLY thing this show has going for it. Still, I'll tune in...nothing else on, and it's one of those good "bad" shows. :)

Mopower
10-12-06, 12:30 PM
could a good use of the townspeople's time be to go to the parked railroad train and bring back ALL THE FRAKING food!!!

But that would be stealing! From a bunch of dead people. If half the nation got vaporized the last thing I would be bitching about is stealing food.

kvrdave
10-12-06, 01:21 PM
I still enjoy the show, but there are some insultingly stupid things. If the tanks came from some invader, they wouldn't already be in the middle of the country this soon after a surprise attack. That's just stupid.

I'm sticking around, but I want some apocalyptic stuff going on, not just this boring crap.

Groucho
10-12-06, 01:23 PM
By the way, the long awaited "Denver Zombies" were very disappointing. They could have eaten a villager or two before dying, don't you think?

MadMark
10-12-06, 01:30 PM
How could a show about the aftermath of a nuclear attack be so f'n boring??

This show could have been great - a small town surviving and rebuilding a society after a nuclear attack. The writers and creators, unfortunately, seem to be obsessed with creating some "Lost"-like mythology surrounding the show instead of just telling a straight post apocalypse story. The whole Hawkins "Who is he? What does he know?" conspiracy BS is fanboy garbage and is not what got me interested it watching this show in the first place.

Other thoughts:

How many scenes is this show going to crib from "Lost"?

Is Jake supposed to be a superhero or something? Does he have to be involved in every rescue?

Wasn't Dale riding a bike? How did he get all that food from the train back to the store? Oh, he probably got Jake to pull the traincar into town.

Why didn't Jake grab a scalpel, perform emergency surgery, and try to save Victor's life instead of letting him die? ;)

lisadoris
10-12-06, 02:49 PM
The basic premise still holds promise, but I have to agree with those who are getting impatient with the lack of any sense of direction, and the improbable behavior of so many people.
I tried to like it, I wanted to like it, but this show is just not working for me. The only character I'm interested in is the "cop" but even his storyline doesn't outweigh the ridiculous behavior and plots the writers are putting out there. I think this was my last episode.

cdollaz
10-12-06, 03:03 PM
The Hawkins angle is the best thing about the show. Without that it would just be another lightweight family drama, like 7th Heaven.

Mopower
10-12-06, 03:17 PM
The Hawkins angle is the best thing about the show. Without that it would just be another lightweight family drama, like 7th Heaven.

I wonder how the Camdens would live after a nuclear holocaust. That would be a show I could get into.

Flave
10-12-06, 03:34 PM
This show just keeps sliding deeper and deeper into stupidity hell.

After all, it's only natural that in a post-apocalyptic world you would allow a bunch of teens to use up fuel for a party. And you would allow another bunch of drunks to use up tons more fuel keeping the local watering hole alive. And of course you allow all this while your hospital is running out of fuel. I mean, this is EXACTLY how I would expect people to act in a situation like this.

And WTF happened to all that radiation? Just went poof. Writers were too lazy to even bother explaining that one away.

This is what happens when you have Hollywood chimps running and writing your show. That's it, I'm out...

CPA-ESQ.
10-12-06, 04:35 PM
And WTF happened to all that radiation? Just went poof. Writers were too lazy to even bother explaining that one away.

Not true - They made sure that in the beginning of the show they had text on the screen that said something to the effect of:

"1 Day After the Blast - No Fallout"

so there- the monkeys wrote off a great story line... now back to Payton Manning and his Affair with the bar maid.

Mopower
10-12-06, 04:37 PM

Well do you want a TV drama or a realistic drama where everyone downwind dies a week after the bombs hit? That wouldn't make a very good show having everyone dead by the 3rd episode.

Mopower
10-12-06, 04:39 PM
now back to Payton Manning and his Affair with the bar maid.

Speaking of Payton's wife..

What small town has that many sick people? I don't know how many people are in Jericho but they have a huge hospital with many many patients but only ONE doctor? No wonder she's a bitch all the time.

Quatermass
10-12-06, 04:51 PM
Not true - They made sure that in the beginning of the show they had text on the screen that said something to the effect of:

"1 Day After the Blast - No Fallout"

so there- the monkeys wrote off a great story line... now back to Payton Manning and his Affair with the bar maid.

Actually the quote was more like:
"4 days after the bombs - 1 day after the fallout rain"

which implies there WAS fallout. I think the Geiger-counter thing in the previous episode was meant to dismiss the fallout problem. It magically went away.

Did anyone else notice the Doctor put the respirator mask on the irradiated guy upside down? The nose part was hanging off the guy's chin and the long side was across his nose. No wonder he died.

Still, I can't help liking this show. I'm in for at least one more.

Quake1028
10-12-06, 05:04 PM
Someone had a good theory in last week's thread about the rain: that Hawkins just used it as cover to go get that drum from the storage shed without being noticed.

MadMark
10-12-06, 05:12 PM
I'm willing to give them a pass on the fallout. With the writers this show has, do you really want to watch these characters sitting around in shelters doing nothing but talking to each other for several episodes?

chowderhead
10-12-06, 05:15 PM
Speaking of Payton's wife..

What small town has that many sick people? I don't know how many people are in Jericho but they have a huge hospital with many many patients but only ONE doctor? No wonder she's a bitch all the time.

I think they called the place the clinic so it isn't a full fledged hospital.
Peyton's wife said that one of the other doctors has worked 24 hours straight and the other doctor went to look for his daughter in Wichita (?) so that would make it three doctors.

I think the show would be even more boring if all the survivors stayed at home and stared at the walls all day. This is a television show so there has to be interaction no matter how insipid.

vududaddi
10-12-06, 07:20 PM
For the seemingly few who actually like this show, here's some good news:

October 12, 2006

CBS GIVES "JERICHO " A FULL-SEASON ORDER

Freshman Drama Has Boosted the Wednesday 8-9 PM Time Period in Viewers and Key Demographics

and Helped Kickoff CBS's Biggest Night of Ratings Growth

CBS has given JERICHO, its freshman hit drama about the aftermath of a nuclear explosion on a small, peaceful Kansas town, a full season order.

JERICHO, averaging 11.3 million viewers, 3.4/10 in adults 18-49 and 4.6/12 in adults 25-54, has boosted CBS's performance in the Wednesday, 8:00-9:00 PM time period by +48% in viewers, +36% in adults 18-49 and +48% in adults 25-54 compared to last year.

As part of a three-hour drama block that includes CRIMINAL MINDS and CSI: NY, CBS has seen its Wednesday ratings increase year-to-year by +34% in viewers, +22% in adults 18-49 and +30% in adults 25-54, the Network's biggest night of ratings growth. CBS is first on Wednesday in viewers and adults 25-54 and a close second in adults 18-49.

JERICHO stars Skeet Ulrich, Gerald McRaney, Ashley Scott, Pamela Reed, Kenneth Mitchell, Lennie James, Sprague Gradon, Michael Gaston, Erik Knudsen, Brad Beyer and Shoshannah Stern.

Jon Turtletaub, Stephen Chbosky and Carol Barbee are executive producers for CBS Paramount Network Television.

So at least we know that this show won't be this year's Surface.

Bronkster
10-12-06, 08:13 PM
That wouldn't make a very good show having everyone dead by the 3rd episode.
woulda saved from this one. :nopanic:

nemein
10-12-06, 09:35 PM
One manual respirator in an entire hospital?

Not to mention you wouldn't use the same one for a new born as an adult... not unless you wanted to kill the new born.

There's a couple of complaints I have about the show, the main one being, as mentioned, how lethargic people are about the whole thing. I also wish they hadn't given away that it was a "bomb". I mean the first eps or so noone was sure what happened, then once they started w/ the subtitle of how many days after the bomb everyone knew (or did they actually find out some other way? I mean there's enough evidence pointing to things but has it really been confirmed?). Overall though the main thing that's keeping me interested is the Hawkins/"fake family" story line.

bboisvert
10-12-06, 09:51 PM
Overall though the main thing that's keeping me interested is the Hawkins/"fake family" story line.

That's funny... that's the one thing that made me hesitate from deleting the season pass from my DVR. But I still did anyway. That whole thing just seems like a desparate attempt to appeal to 'Lost" afficianados. It's clear that their heart isn't in it, or in the survivalist aspect of the show. It's all just a backdrop to write trite relationship drama.

I'm officially done. I'll probably keep up with the threads going forward, just out of curiosity. But there's no fucking way I'm sitting through another episode of this. :)

Autotelik
10-12-06, 11:21 PM
For the seemingly few who actually like this show, here's some good news:

So at least we know that this show won't be this year's Surface.

??? Surface got one season as well (though it was 15 episodes rather than the full 22). Still, it had an ending. Threshold, on the other hand, ended abruptly.

Jadzia
10-13-06, 01:12 AM
I think I am going to quit this show. It is so boring, I am having a hard time paying attention to what's going on and then I feel like I am missing stuff, but realize nothing much happened.

I was initially interested in the premise but the execution is losing me and it just is not entertaining me at all. The only aspect I find interesting is what the deal is with the black family, but they are not giving me enough on that to make it worth it.

I need to make some cuts and was waiting for the network to do it for me. I can't believe this show was renewed and Smith was canceled.

das Monkey
10-13-06, 08:49 AM
• kvrdave •

If the tanks came from some invader, they wouldn't already be in the middle of the country this soon after a surprise attack. That's just stupid.
Maybe they're flying tanks ... that can teleport? See, it's just this type of limited thinking that allowed the <i>Enterprise</i> to get surprised by a Bird of Prey that could fire while cloaked.

das

kvrdave
10-13-06, 03:46 PM
Maybe they're flying tanks ... that can teleport? See, it's just this type of limited thinking that allowed the <i>Enterprise</i> to get surprised by a Bird of Prey that could fire while cloaked.

das

:lol: Why must you torment me.

movieking
10-13-06, 04:41 PM
I agree with the thoughts that the explosions are from a domestic terrorist group. I just don't know if that is enough to keep me tuning in without some further developments.

slop101
10-14-06, 12:07 AM
CBS GIVES "JERICHO " A FULL-SEASON ORDER
They better pickup the pace! Because at this rate, it'll take at least 10 seasons before it gets to a Road Warrior-level post-apocalyptic scenario I was hoping this show would be.

Josh-da-man
10-14-06, 01:28 AM
Who knew that the end of the world would be so boring?

chowderhead
10-14-06, 03:11 AM
Who knew that the end of the world would be so boring?

at least we know that Peyton Manning and Johnny Depp survived.

Pistol Pete
10-14-06, 10:51 AM
I agree with the thoughts that the explosions are from a domestic terrorist group. I just don't know if that is enough to keep me tuning in without some further developments.
Yep. And the responsible party will be white supremists, whacko christians, or some type of secular separatists. There is no way CBS has the balls to place Al Quaeda or radical muslims behind the bombs. Has any of the characters even speculated about the cause?

nemein
10-14-06, 10:58 AM
Yep. And the responsible party will be white supremists, whacko christians, or some type of secular separatists. There is no way CBS has the balls to place Al Quaeda or radical muslims behind the bombs. Has any of the characters even speculated about the cause?

Not beyond the line about the Chinese/NKs/AQ tanks ;) Since it's looking like Hawkins might be somehow involved I strongly suspect it's not white supremists. It'll probably end up being some type of secular separatists.

FrozenMetalHead
10-14-06, 12:22 PM
While I haven't given that much "critical" thought to Hawkins' story, my off-the-cuff guess is this:

He's an "important" figure that has been designated as a crucial survivor of an attack on the US. He could be a government/military insider, a scientist, trained crisis leader or someone that just poses a great skillset that would be needed to rebuild, lead, or just make decisions for the US in the event the government or military is displaced. Or, if there's an invasion, they lay low until it's time to begin building a resistance.

There are many of these individuals placed around the US. He was based in St Louis or Denver. This theory would assume that the attack was delivered by missles, thus the US knew of the attack prior to them detonating, so that Hawkins and others could get out of town in time.

As I type this, I'm beginning to shoot by own theory down by the following: 1) If the US knew it was going to be attacked, why didn't it launch a counter attack (though maybe they did); 2) Even if the US did know in advance, did Hawkins and others of his ilk already have the UHaul pre-packed, and housing picked out? He moved quick. 3) The fact that the rendevous point has been "comprimised" makes the theory seem week, unless they already know it's an invasion.

Quatermass
10-14-06, 01:47 PM

I'll bet you're right - an ethnically and culturally diverse network of survivalists.

LorenzoL
10-15-06, 12:21 AM
I think watching paint, dry, would have been more exciting than watching this episode. I don't know why I keep watching it since most of the main characters annoy me especially the freaking teenagers. Must be the timeslot. Also they need to end the storyline with Jake's brother and his wife/mistress storyline because that's getting tiresome.
The only thing that I'm mildly interested in is the Hawkins storyline.

Finisher
10-15-06, 01:04 AM
There is so much potential in the premise. This should be The Day After meets Mad Max. Instead we get this generic, uninvolving, phony small town Americana bullshit. Teenage girl's parents just died, cities have been destroyed .. and she's worried about looking cool in front of her friends? Are you effing kidding me?

I guess I'll keep watching in the faint hope of seeing these morons die gruesome, well deserved deaths.

Joe Molotov
10-15-06, 01:27 AM
They better pickup the pace! Because at this rate, it'll take at least 10 seasons before it gets to a Road Warrior-level post-apocalyptic scenario I was hoping this show would be.

Hell yeah, they should already be scavanging the countryside for fuel tankers and slapping together dune buggies and scrap metal fortifications by now. You can't just waste a perfectly good apocalypse moping around the local pub and worrying about family drama and small town politics.

mndtrp
10-15-06, 05:56 AM
I hadn't heard about this show until this weekend. I went home to visit my family, and my dad flipped over to Jericho, right when the bedridden fellow said "They're coming" (or something similar). Dad leaned over and asked me if I knew who "they" were.

Apparently, I am "they".

I live in Denver, and travelled to Oakley, where I grew up. I showed up pretty much when this episode was starting. Yay, I'm special, in my own way.

I'll probably not watch this show again, unless this website starts posting some glowing reviews. It was pretty boring, and if the fuel tank chick stressed out just a tad more, I think she might blow up. I was not-so-quietly hoping that half of the cast would blow up, and the other half would drink some poisoned punch.

Original Desmond
10-15-06, 06:23 AM
I have to admit, this show has disappointed a bit since i saw the preair pilot

It is still good but i hope it gets better.

Those teenagers are annoying, they all need a good bum rooting.

OldDude
10-15-06, 08:08 AM
Teenage girl's parents just died, cities have been destroyed .. and she's worried about looking cool in front of her friends? Are you effing kidding me?

Hey, they have to add notes of realism where they can. They're not doing so good on the science.

Boot
10-15-06, 11:38 PM
Go Black family!

Lost in Iowa
10-16-06, 04:52 PM
I grew up during the whole US-USSR/"Day After"/nuclear winter craziness that was the '80s, so I was intrigued by this show at first. Man, what a disappointment.

I'll try watching a couple more just to see who Hawkins is. I'm with those who think he's part of a separatist group that caused the blasts. I'm just curious to see whether CBS has the balls to make him, say, a rabid right-wing Christian or maybe an anti-immigration nativist (I don't think a homegrown Islamic terror network would have the military connections his group does, if those are indeed their tanks). I'm trying to figure out whether the list of cities had any particular relevance to an extreme political cause. They weren't all the biggest U.S. cities, as I recall.

Speaking of Hawkins, I just loved the warm-and-fuzzy music that played as he threatened his daughter after they got home from the party!

Joe Molotov
10-16-06, 05:16 PM
Speaking of Hawkins, I just loved the warm-and-fuzzy music that played as he threatened his daughter after they got home from the party!

Yeah, I thought it was going to be one of those "It's okay, I know it's hard for you, but we'll get through this together as a family" moments, and then he's like "You do that again, and you're going to know what fear is." Woah. :lol:

DVD Josh
10-16-06, 05:47 PM
I grew up during the whole US-USSR/"Day After"/nuclear winter craziness that was the '80s, so I was intrigued by this show at first. Man, what a disappointment.

I'll try watching a couple more just to see who Hawkins is. I'm with those who think he's part of a separatist group that caused the blasts. I'm just curious to see whether CBS has the balls to make him, say, a rabid right-wing Christian or maybe an anti-immigration nativist (I don't think a homegrown Islamic terror network would have the military connections his group does, if those are indeed their tanks). I'm trying to figure out whether the list of cities had any particular relevance to an extreme political cause. They weren't all the biggest U.S. cities, as I recall.

I think you are right about Hawkins. They probably sent families to inflitrate areas they wanted to build as the new examples of America's future.

argh923
10-16-06, 11:56 PM
Am I the only one that actually likes this show? I'm really enjoying it quite a bit. I know some are criticizing it because of the teenagers wanting to party and the people sitting around the bar, but I'd guarantee there'd be plenty of people doing that if something like this were to happen. They're simply trying to escape reality by pretending everything's normal, even though it's clearly not. Especially that shop owner, who has to be the most annoyingly selfish bitch in the history of television. A nuclear attack just occured - I don't think owning a store is going to matter too much for you financially in the months & years to come.

But overall, I'm really enjoying the show.

DVD Josh
10-17-06, 10:13 AM
I enjoy it, but it's really really stretching reality. There is so much stuff that is ridiculous and contrary to science and previous plot points. And every character is pretty much stupid.

Hopefully when the Zombies come it will get better. But I'll still watch it.

mllefoo
10-17-06, 10:29 AM
Am I the only one that actually likes this show? I'm really enjoying it quite a bit. I know some are criticizing it because of the teenagers wanting to party and the people sitting around the bar, but I'd guarantee there'd be plenty of people doing that if something like this were to happen. They're simply trying to escape reality by pretending everything's normal, even though it's clearly not. Especially that shop owner, who has to be the most annoyingly selfish bitch in the history of television. A nuclear attack just occured - I don't think owning a store is going to matter too much for you financially in the months & years to come.

But overall, I'm really enjoying the show.

I sometimes doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

mllefoo
10-17-06, 10:33 AM
at least we know that Peyton Manning and Johnny Depp survived.

Oh, please. Johnny should have Skeet murdered in his sleep for looking like Depp and being such an atrocious actor.

Still, Skeet is the best actor on the show. Damning praise, indeed.

argh923
10-17-06, 11:59 PM
I enjoy it, but it's really really stretching reality. There is so much stuff that is ridiculous and contrary to science and previous plot points. And every character is pretty much stupid.

Hopefully when the Zombies come it will get better. But I'll still watch it.

Zombies??

DVD Josh
10-18-06, 09:00 AM
Zombies??

I guess I should have spoilered that.

Jesus man, there are no zombies. I'm just making fun of the fact that this show bastardizes science and reality, so there might as well be frickin' zombies too

:D

Bandoman
10-18-06, 09:59 AM
I sometimes doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
rotfl

Exactly what I was going to post, damn you!

argh923
10-18-06, 04:57 PM
I guess I should have spoilered that.

Jesus man, there are no zombies. I'm just making fun of the fact that this show bastardizes science and reality, so there might as well be frickin' zombies too

:D

Thank god. I was about to quit watching if that were to happen. :)

mllefoo
10-18-06, 05:03 PM
I'd totally watch if zombies showed up.

Especially if they're like Omega Man zombies where they aren't quite really undead, but they still want to eat your brain. That would be awesome.

Goblincat
10-18-06, 11:56 PM
Yes, zombies... I told my wife a few weeks ago that I can't wait for the zombies. She almost stopped watching because I said that. I brought her back by telling her I made it up, but I secretly hope. :)