Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Paramont Cover Arts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-06, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paramont Cover Arts?

I just got a bunch of DVD's from DDD from the Paramount buy 1 get 1 free and to my surprise like 80% of the dvds had different cover arts than the ones pictured at DDD or DVDAFICIONADO covers. Why is this? it doesnt have the "WS Paramount Collection" thingy. are these bootlegs or something? thats why its $3 per dvd? did Paramount do this to all their dvds?
Old 10-10-06, 09:48 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They're probably not bootlegs; Paramount has, in fact, been changing the cover art on a vast number of their catalog releases with no change to the disc contents therein. ESCAPE FROM L.A., GREASE 2, Stephen King's GRAVEYARD SHIFT, and Stephen King's SILVER BULLET are just some of the recent ones I've noticed.
Old 10-10-06, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I was at Circuit City and noticed that the cover art for The Relic had been changed. A really bad change.
Old 10-10-06, 10:12 PM

Nick of Time, Graveyard Shift, My Bloody Valentine, Bringing out the Dead, Chinatown all different.

Only one I got that was the same as pictured was Marathon Man.
Old 10-10-06, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yea a lot of titles are just getting repackaged. There will be a bunch more coming. Some are just getting repackaged to coincide with movie releases.
Old 10-11-06, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paramount releasing new covers on old titles...

Comprehensive List of DVDs That Have Had Their Cover Art Changed
Old 10-11-06, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Most of these new Paramount covers just stink, especially the one for Nick Of Time when the previous cover was just so nice and perfect. However nothing can top Save The Last Dance's new artwork, that is a new low for stinky Paramount artwork. Most of the new artwork is worse than the original, can anybody point to any new improvements that Paramount has actually made with all these new covers.
Old 10-11-06, 06:30 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd_luver
can anybody point to any new improvements that Paramount has actually made with all these new covers.
As I mentioned in the "Comprehensive" thread Cameron linked above, I think the new covers for TERMS OF ENDEARMENT and TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE: THE MOVIE are improvements over their original incarnations.
Old 10-11-06, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think the new Chinatown cover is an improvement per se, but I think it's as good as the original.
Old 10-11-06, 12:09 PM

thanks loser
Old 10-11-06, 12:35 PM

Most of the new Paramount covers not only look bad but they also look cheap. Escape from LA and 48 hrs. are ones that come to mind.