Old 10-10-06, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
* New VERONICA MARS tonight * 10/10/06

Old 10-10-06, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My Big Fat Greek Rush Week
Spoiler:
The campus newspaper hires Veronica for an undercover expose on the Zeta Theta sorority sisters during rush week to investigate Parker’s rape. Veronica begins to realize though that not everything is as it appears in the sorority house. Logan and Wallace take part in a challenging Sociology class role-playing experiment as prisoner and prison guard.

So glad this show is back.
Old 10-10-06, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Veronica Mars--'My Big Fat Greek Rush Week'--10/10/2006

Spoiler:
The campus newspaper hires Veronica to do an undercover expose on the Zeta Theta sorority during rush week to investigate Parker's rape.

I thought this was much better than last week's episode. It felt more like a true Veronica Mars episode. Only downside was the prisoner/guard sideplot, which really didn't serve much purpose. But, Veronica dancing all up on other girls, and acting drunk was HAWT!

Lots of good dialogue, as usual, and I gotta add, Mac is so hot. B+ for this episode.
Old 10-10-06, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Whoop, apparently I'm blind. I looked at the front page and didn't see a thread for tonight's episode.

If a mod would like, merge my topic with this one. Thanks!
Old 10-10-06, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Outstanding stuff. It does distress me to see so little talk here about the show, though.
Old 10-10-06, 09:44 PM

I'd like to think that the lack of feedback is those males embarrassed to be watching because of those damn American Eagle Aerial promo spots with the girls sitting around slumber party style and discussing the shows and their relationships ("Oh my god, I am just like Lorelai. I didn't know I should be with him until it was too late"). Gag!
I've continually defended my manhood while touting Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars as one of the best nights of TV of the week, but after those promos, even I'm a little embarrassed to say I watch the CW on Tuesday night.
Old 10-10-06, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's really an interesting take. I don't really notice them because my wife and I watch (the GG/VM block) starting at around 8:20 and jump through all the commercials, but we finished a bit early tonight and saw the final one. It was pretty bad.

Last edited by Jimmy James; 10-10-06 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-10-06, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think a llot of people are affraid to watch because they cant get past the title, kinda like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Boom goes the Dynamite.
Old 10-10-06, 10:31 PM

Again, those American Eagle commercials aren't helping with the Buffy like stigma, both shows that I absolutely adore.

Honestly, I don't feel ready to discuss this weeks episode because right now I just have this painful feeling that this is the worst episode of the show I've ever seen, but I also come from this being the first season I've watched as it aired as I was late to the game with Season 1 and held off on Season 2 until the DVDs so I could watch Lost.

I'm sort of just waiting to hear what other people have to say. All I do know is that Rider Strong is the most distracting actor ever.
Old 10-10-06, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't see anything particularly great about the episode, but I don't think I'd count it as among the worst. I thought it was well within the norm for an episode of the show. I actually liked the attempt to get us some Wallace-Logan interaction, too.
Old 10-10-06, 10:52 PM

I liked the idea of Wallace- Logan interaction, but I feel like they were thrown in a room together and acted like they didn't know each other. Instead, the major portion of the plot line was consumed by Rider Strong and Sam Levinn who I assume are just guest-spots and so then what was the point?

I guess what's troubling for me right now is just how seperate everything felt. Maybe I'll be pleasantly suprised when there are some repurcussions and overlap between the plot lines set out, but everything with Wallace and Logan felt entirely distinct from both the rape plot and the Kendall-Kieth-Fitzpatrick plot.

I understand that it was rough on Kristen Bell to carry the load of the show, but as of right now, everything else just isn't nearly compelling enough to keep me that interested when she's not on the screen, but the focus of the show definitely is shifting to a separate ensemble. And again, don't get me started on Rider Strong.

And where's Weevil?
Old 10-10-06, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Best bit was the "Doh!" as Dan Castelleneta leaves the room after the guards were fed incorrect information.

Last edited by Patman; 10-11-06 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-11-06, 12:18 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Weevil will be showing up REALLY soon.
They had alot of somewhat known guest stars tonight. We have Neil Shweiber, Shawn Hunter, and the hot girl from Life on a Stick.
Old 10-11-06, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought it was a really good episode. I like the start to this season. And I actually could almost buy Keith Mars standing his daughter up at the airport if that's what was in the briefcase.
Old 10-11-06, 12:20 AM

Old 10-11-06, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
Best bit was the "Doh!" as Dan Castelleneta leaves the room after the guards were fed incorrect information.
I caught that too.

Not a great episode but as always some great dialogue.
Old 10-11-06, 12:34 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ha, I was just going to come in here and say how much I hate those Aerie girl spots... guess I'm not the only one.
Old 10-11-06, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
Ha, I was just going to come in here and say how much I hate those Aerie girl spots... guess I'm not the only one.
I think the number of people who like those spots are in a very, very small minority. I hate them.

Pretty good episode. I fell for the clock twist, hook, line and sinker.

I wonder how many ladies and guys rewound Logan streaking through the classrom to try to catch a peek at his naughty bits? Not me, I was thinking of Veronica dancing at the party. Yummy!
Old 10-11-06, 01:12 AM
Suspended

Looks like busy George Michael Bluth got recast.
Old 10-11-06, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Son_Of_Zod
Looks like busy George Michael Bluth got recast.
That's the really weird thing. It's clear what role he was intended for, but I'm trying to decide (while I wait for word out of somebody) whether it was supposed to be the same RA.
Old 10-11-06, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A rather mediocre episode after what I felt was a nice return to form with a very strong season opener. The remix intro still grates on my nerves. I luckily only caught one, but my God, those Aeriel spots must be killed immediately.

Last edited by meritocracy; 10-11-06 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-11-06, 02:51 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I was going to post my hatred of the Series spots too I'd like to strangle the girl who looks like she's 17 and talking about she can relate to Lorelai's relationship with Luke.

Other than Kristen Bell looking hot nothing that interesting really. I did like the Veronica/Logan quick conversation they had when the prisoners broke out.
Old 10-11-06, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
and the hot girl from Life on a Stick.
she looked even better as a stripper on What About Brian the night before

==

as for this ep.. pretty good but then I'm just sort of a fan of the show over all... Not sure it was the sort of ep to hook in new viewers being there seemed to be a lot of "huh?" moments going on if one had not been watching the show the last few years.

Still over all not a bad ep, even if 1/2 of it was not really about Mars at all. I've always felt what hurts this show the most is what it is up against time slot/ratings wise more then anything the show does on it's own.
Old 10-11-06, 05:14 AM

While not a bad ep, definitely not a great one. You guys hit it right on the head, the big problem was the episodes two main storylines were totally seperate. And there was next to no interaction with Veronica and Logan or Wallace, she was with each for what, one short scene each? I think this ep did a pretty good job at setting up mystery #1 though, got some info on it, actually more than I expected. Plus it seems to set up the Greeks disliking Veronica along with a potential enemy for Veronica at the paper.

Also a rape theory that I'll put in spoilers, mind you its just a theory, so if anyone wants to respond to this please use spoilers.
Spoiler:
Am I the only one thinking the rapist is going to turn out to be a female?? Unless I'm wrong the victims we all know about were drugged and out, not knowing anything for sure until they woke up with a shaved head. And Veronica did hear a buzzing, that she told Lamb she didn't think was a razor. Just a quick early mystery theory.
Old 10-11-06, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
Also a rape theory that I'll put in spoilers, mind you its just a theory, so if anyone wants to respond to this please use spoilers.
Spoiler:
Am I the only one thinking the rapist is going to turn out to be a female?? Unless I'm wrong the victims we all know about were drugged and out, not knowing anything for sure until they woke up with a shaved head. And Veronica did hear a buzzing, that she told Lamb she didn't think was a razor. Just a quick early mystery theory.
That's a theory I was starting to get after last night's episode too.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.